Thread ban for arguing the thread topic when the OP is a mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, as a several times Forum owner I would limit moderators' ability to ban to the Administrators and the most senior Moderators, the rest of the Moderation team would be allowed to suspend and refer the ban candidate in the Moderation forum.

Some people continually stride the grey area of forum rules for a long time thus requires an experienced Administrator or Senior Moderator to figure out how to handle the person who might be doing it on purpose thinking they can get away with it I know of a Forum that figured out way to stop that abuse by using "Good Faith" posting approach as way to determine if the person is there to debate/discuss topics or to be someone who wants to play games on people with evasive replies small baiting tactics mild trolling and so on which the forum would use the THREAD BAN feature a lot which accumulates to a suspension and eventually a Ban if it continues.

That is my least favorite bit of "logic." But since I have not had a conflict with you, maybe you can give me an answer to that which other posters have not: If denial is a sign of guilt, how would you expect that an innocent person would respond to a false accusation?
An innocent individual rarely has this concern, but it starts with being honest.

Did you prefer the long quote string?

Personally, I never really had a problem with it. I did what I did just now -- I quoted, and replied to the portion I wanted to respond to. Not sure why so many thought that was so hard

Told you why that decision hurt mods, but it also hurts ACTUAL conversation. Since you cant even see YOUR quote that the guy is replying to anymore. You gotta go FETCH what YOU said to see how to respond to the response. Or go FETCH what this member you're interacting with SAID the LAST post before the current one.

Without that CONTEXT in front of you - it can not be a high quality discussion of ANY kind. Posters are in 2 or 4 threads every 10 minutes bouncing around and sparring. You cant even remember which THREADS you've been in for an hour -- nevermind CONTINUE any kind of coherent discussion. Members certainly are not "go fetching" the missing recent relevant posts -- they are behaviorally just doing the "Twitter reaction" thing to what's now in front of them.

USED TO BE -- there was a simple variable entry in the S/Ware config where you placed the DEPTH of the quote-backs. And then ONE DAY -- with a new release -- it was choice between ALL of them or ONE of them.

Why do you keep giving me thumbs down? The mod said it.

I wasn't referring to even a person. I was referring to Twitter. In my career of science and engineering THINGS CAN be retarded. Like the timing of some event relative to another event or the quality of a material to RETARD something. And in real life terms for what Twitter does -- It retards conversation by the very nature of its design.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back