Thread ban for arguing the thread topic when the OP is a mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would actually like the letter idea, instead of being banned over and over. I'd be proud of the letters! But i don't think they can make a change to our avatars.

Report posts that break any rule! Mods do not read every post on this forum. We mostly rely on forum members to report those that don't follow our rules.

If a mod deleted one of your posts or sends a warning to you that you think shouldn't have happened, DM a few of us and tell us the details. It WILL be looked into.
Because I sometimes stray a bit, I have received some mod attention a few times. Not always wrongly so. But when I have offered a defense or requested additional consideration, in fairness the mods have done so.

That's exactly how it works.

Good it is a very useful tool which can allow Moderators to keep a thread open while cleaning up the thread that still have viability in it.

The forum software myBB I used to have had Soft Delete in it where a post turns a light Pink and vanish from the public only the Mods could see them if a mod wanted to eliminate it just click the soft delete button again booom!

Last edited:
Here's my strategy for this board: I rarely engage a mod in debate on a thread they OP. If one makes a comment on my thread, I respond once and then I let them have the last word (between us), tacitly agreeing to disagree. I then respond to other posters on the thread, and I've never had a moderator on this forum pursue getting me to answer their posts.

I see complaints about moderation on this board and I wonder whether the complainer has ever been on another forum. The mods here are awesome compared to other partisan hack "safe zone" forums that I've had the displeasure to be on. They would basically stalk me on my threads, with insulting personal attacks, while at the same time PM'ing me that I was "on the thinnest of ice," or some such.

Do I sound like I'm sucking up? I don't think I would need to. The mods are not perfect just like no one is perfect, but I don't think they would run me off because I disagreed with them.

Defending the Truth forum was the absolute worst Moderated Board I have ever encountered.

Defending the Truth forum was the absolute worst Moderated Board I have ever encountered.
That was my experience, also. From being banned there, I went to another forum run by a self-proclaimed libertarian. It was pretty good, but there was a moderator there who was also a moderator on Defending the Consensus and she banned me from the new forum as well.

Denial is usually the first sign of guilt.
:popcorn:
That is my least favorite bit of "logic." But since I have not had a conflict with you, maybe you can give me an answer to that which other posters have not: If denial is a sign of guilt, how would you expect that an innocent person would respond to a false accusation?

And of course we dont just delete or move or even merge everything a reporter suggests. And we do go to the thread and get a sense of what's goin on.

Which BTW -- has been made TREMENDOUSLY MORE difficult since we had to accept this retarded Twitter-like feature of Xenforo where we USED to cascading quotes and NOW -- just the last quote.

Makes it hard to get a picture of where problems in thread are without bouncing between quote-backs and having a 1/2 dozen tabs open to different sub-discussions.

There -- I can vent also. I feel much better now..
Recently I got into an extended debate over a political issue with one of the Mods.

After awhile he/she told me to shut up or be kicked off the thread.

That ain't right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back