Thousands of criminals to be released based upon 2018 Trump law.

pknopp

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2019
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Justice Department will begin transferring thousands of inmates out of federal prisons this week as part of a sweeping criminal justice overhaul signed by President Donald Trump more than three years ago.

Thousands of federal inmates to be released under 2018 law | AP News

I don't really know what to add. Says Biden has been dragging his feet in releasing people. I guess he is showing how tough on crime he is in ignoring the previous administrations program to release thousands of prisoners early.

Somebody is being misleading. If these criminals are released in 2022 then these criminals are being released by Biden.

Based upon a law passed and signed into law by Trump in 2018. Do at least pretend to open the links.

Whatever president is responsible, it's a positive move for America.
The department, in a rule being published Thursday in the Federal Register, is spelling out how “time credits” for prisoners will work. The bipartisan law is intended to encourage inmates to participate in programs aimed at reducing recidivism, which could let them out of prison earlier. It also eases mandatory minimum sentences and gives judges more discretion in sentencing.

Creative!
An attempt by one of them to catch up with the rest of the world.

And a slamdunk for a new topic!

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Justice Department will begin transferring thousands of inmates out of federal prisons this week as part of a sweeping criminal justice overhaul signed by President Donald Trump more than three years ago.

I don't really know what to add. Says Biden has been dragging his feet in releasing people. I guess he is showing how tough on crime he is in ignoring the previous administrations program to release thousands of prisoners early.
Soooo, looks like you're pulling a Meathead here............ :rofl:

So left wingers are happy about this.

Why the complaints?

Great, we all now agree that the country with such a high percentage of their population in prison getting them out is a good thing. I doubt that position will hold true for many over all though.

If Sleepy Joe didn't like it, he would have had the bill repealed.

But Brandon is cool with this.

As you can see here, Trump wasn't planning on simply dumping people on the street like so many liberal DA's and Judges who refuse to even prosecute crimes or let dangerous people out without bail or punishment/ process at all, posing an immediate risk to the rest of us.
I'm willing to bet racist Trump's plan would help people of color in ways Kamala Harris and Biden never would have dared to do.

Under the law signed in December 2018, inmates are eligible to earn time credits — 10 days to 15 days of credit for every 30 days they participate in prison programs to reduce recidivism. The programs range from anger management and drug treatment to educational, work and social skills classes.

There hasn't been this much confusion and dissension in the ranks since Trump declared the vaccines safe and effective!

Great, we all now agree that the country with such a high percentage of their population in prison getting them out is a good thing. I doubt that position will hold true for many over all though.
Why would releasing criminals in general be a good thing?

A civil society should keep violent thugs locked up.

I don’t know the specifics of who is being released in this instance, but I believe President Trump did reform on drug use sentencing.

I don’t know the specifics of who is being released in this instance, but I believe President Trump did reform on drug use sentencing.

Since you do not know the specifics you don't know whether or not you even support it.

Why did trump let qwami kilpatrick out of prison? He was a swamp monster. Corrupt as can be. Even killed a prostitute at the manoogian manor. I thought trump was going to drain the swamp instead he pardoned all the snakes and alligators

Like Dennis hastert who preyed on 14 year old boys but the former speaker got out in 15 months. Do you consider pedophiles to be violent? I do.

Forum List

Back