Those Who Will One Day Rule The World

If your children are on social media watch them and be careful what apps you allow them to use. It's unbelievable the number of pedos trolling online for victims.

Verizon has what they call Verizon Smart Family, great safeguards and controls and you can limit time, block apps and control usage

I've been tempted to get a signal blocker, to put in use when the family has a get together.

Maybe the grandkids would actually pay attention to what's going on.

If your children are on social media watch them and be careful what apps you allow them to use. It's unbelievable the number of pedos trolling online for victims.

Verizon has what they call Verizon Smart Family, great safeguards and controls and you can limit time, block apps and control usage

It was well before social media was a thing, but my kids had a field day when my ex-wife setup all the parental safeguards.

It was in 1998 or 1999, my ex-wife bought a home computer for the kids to use. They had one at my place, but since they needed it so often for high school, she relented. She told me she spent the entire evening setting up all the controls and passwords. Not being a computer buff, it was not easy. Then she went to bed. The next morning when she got up, there were PostIt notes all around the monitor with all the passwords and ways of by-passing the controls. My nerdy sons (then 14 & 16) had hacked the system and gotten all the info they needed. The History had no visits to bad sites. Just exploring the system.

I've been tempted to get a signal blocker, to put in use when the family has a get together.

Maybe the grandkids would actually pay attention to what's going on.

I haven't had the problem when the family gathers at someone's home. But I used to when I took the kids out to dinner. Then I made the rule "If you look at your phone, other than to answer a call, you have to pick up the tab for the entire table". Solved the problem.

Forum List

Back