Votes: 1 25.0%
  • communicate only by lawyer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • restraining orders

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sep 12, 2008
How poisonous is your relationship with your ex? ON a scale of 1 being you are good friends still, but.... to 5, you have restraining orders against each other.

No restraining order and no contact just as I like it.
If children are involved the no contact is seldom possible though.

With the kids grown and on their own we rarely ever have reason to talk. Fine with me.
Our 2nd boy gets married in August. It should prove interesting.
She remarried (poor guy). I like him. Kids like him.

How poisonous is your relationship with your ex? ON a scale of 1 being you are good friends still, but.... to 5, you have restraining orders against each other.

It took many years to get there, but we're good buds now. We occasionally still have our rough spots, but where we are now is *so* much better for the kids and for each of us individually.

Beats the hell out of carrying around deep seated anger and hatred towards the other.

My first wife and I lived together for a year after we broke up.

Then we went separate ways for years, now she has found me on Facebook.

God dam she got fat.

Being a Puerto Rican I knew her ass would expand like Manifest Destiny but I did not think it would go on to conquer her globe.

We're friendly. I call him every now and again just to remind him I was the best wife he ever had! Seriously, the one thing we will forever have in common is our children and grandchildren. Even when we were having our differences, I was so lucky to always be able to count on him when it came to our children. I have also been fortunate all these years later to still be close with his family. I think his mother was one of the most courageous women I have ever known.

We still talk when we see each other, it's my daughter and him who can't communicate.

We all move on eventually.

I couldn't vote..none of the options fits me.

I haven't seen him in like 3 years. Last time was my kid's college graduation. I know though, from what the kid tells me, he hates me just as much as if I had left him yesterday. She would never, under any circumstances, give him my street address.....and we live about 8 hours from one another.

I'm a little better than he is. I wouldn't actually go looking for him.

But if he crosses the street in front of my car, I am jamming on the accelerator.

Beats the hell out of carrying around deep seated anger and hatred towards the other.

Beat the hell out me = carrying around deep seated anger and hatred towards the other.

Be grateful you haven't any idea. I'm glad you have been so fortunate, but some folks have no
t.

Now that all the kids are over 18, no communication which sure beats what went on before that. We can be civil at graduations and will muddle through weddings and such.

Don’t kid yourself Ms. California, some day some Jar Head will sweep you off your Iwo Jima and invade your Guadalcanal and then you will have an Okinawa of babies.

Forum List

Back