.....those docs, those damn MaraLago docs........

From tonight's Politico:

"Trump suffers setback as appeals panel rejects Cannon ruling"

"The panel ruled that Judge Aileen Cannon erred.

A three-judge appeals court panel has granted the Justice Department’s request to block aspects of U.S. District Court Judge Aileen Cannon’s ruling that delayed a criminal investigation into highly sensitive documents seized from former President Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago estate.

The panel ruled that Cannon, a Trump appointee, erred when she temporarily prevented federal prosecutors from using the roughly 100 documents — marked as classified – recovered from Trump’s estate as part of a criminal inquiry.

Trump “has not even attempted to show that he has a need to know the information contained in the classified documents,” the panel ruled in a 29-page decision. “Nor has he established that the current administration has waived that requirement for these documents.”

In the unanimous decision, the judges declared it “self-evident” that the public interest favored allowing the Justice Department to determine whether any of the records were improperly disclosed, risking national security damage.
“For our part, we cannot discern why Plaintiff would have an individual interest in or need for any of the one-hundred documents with classification markings,” the appeals court wrote in an opinion that listed no individual judge as the author.

“Permitting the United States to retain the documents does not suggest that they will be released; indeed, a purpose of the United States’s efforts in investigating the recovered classified documents is to limit unauthorized disclosure of the information they contain,” the appeals judges wrote. “Not only that, but any authorized official who makes an improper disclosure risks her own criminal liability.”

(the emphasis by me)

This is a rather stiff shot to both Judge Cannon and to the Trump lawyers. The unanimous decision is surprisingly blunt, in my opinion. "cannot discern why Plaintiff"......... "not even attempted to show".

This ruling is likely not being received warmly by the lawyers representing DTrump's interest in this case.

IMHO
*sigh*... naive Dems getting played again.

Trump Really Was Spied On

Durham says techies linked to the Clinton campaign had access to White House and Trump Tower internet data.

Opinion | Trump Really Was Spied On

From Robert Muellers testimony before congress:

Second, the investigation did not establish that members of the Trump campaign conspired with the Russian government in its election interference activities. We did not address collusion, which is not a legal term; rather we focused on whether the evidence was sufficient to charge any member of the campaign with taking part in a criminal conspiracy, and there was not.

They all left public service over those claims before they could be investigated.

Dunham said NOTHING OF THE KIND. In fact, he clarified that filing to state that he was NOT implying anything of the kind.

Dunham said NOTHING OF THE KIND. In fact, he clarified that filing to state that he was NOT implying anything of the kind.

He didn't say Trump was spied upon, neither did I.
He did find 'techies' were linked to the Clinton campaign which Sussman was billing for his work on the russia 'link'.....tapping into servers would be considered spying on the users.

Try again.

He didn't say Trump was spied upon, neither did I.
He did find 'techies' were linked to the Clinton campaign which Sussman was billing for his work on the russia 'link'.....tapping into servers would be considered spying on the users.

Try again.

The "techies" weren't linked to the Clinton Campaign at all. They were entirely separate clients. They were hackers who didn't want their identities given to the FBI for obvious reasons.

The "techies" weren't linked to the Clinton Campaign at all. They were entirely separate clients. They were hackers who didn't want their identities given to the FBI for obvious reasons.
Yes they were. Sussman took the info they got and billed the Clinton campaign for his troubles.
You admit then, they were spying on Trump and company.

Again.
Get yourself up to speed.

Uhhh...........................the SM is already in process.

Your article is from August 29th.

Hutch Starskey

Again.
Get yourself up to speed.

LOL......you never read your own article.

Please get up to speed..... :biggrin:
It’s obviously you who struggles with comprehension.

My link is clear. Backing exactly what I asserted and that you challenged.

“The US Department of Justice said it already screened documents seized from Donald Trump’s Florida home for attorney-client privilege, potentially casting doubt on the former president’s lawsuit seeking third-party review of the records.”

It’s obviously you who struggles with comprehension.

My link is clear. Backing exactly what I asserted and that you challenged.

“The US Department of Justice said it already screened documents seized from Donald Trump’s Florida home for attorney-client privilege, potentially casting doubt on the former president’s lawsuit seeking third-party review of the records.”
No no no...your link I questioned stated that the Trump request was under appeal. When in fact the special master had been approved after your article was published.

LOL

No no no...your link I questioned stated that the Trump request was under appeal. When in fact the special master had been approved after your article was published.

LOL
D’oh…:eusa_doh:
The article supported my claim that the DOJ had already separated any docs that could be privileged before the master was appointed you incompetent moron.

Trump is getting stomped into the ground by his Special Judge. He's going to have a gag order slapped on him for accusing the FBI of planting documents. That should go well.
Bet you'll be pissed off when that charges are dropped once the judge sees everything was declassified by Trump.

Bet you'll be pissed off when that charges are dropped once the judge sees everything was declassified by Trump.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, that would be a curious development.

Poster Lenny, can you share with the forum your thoughts on how DTrump can prove he declassified these documents?

Forum List

Back