Those Car Repair Insurance Ads.You Need To Buy Our Coverage Or Someday Your Car Is Going To Die! Anyone Falling For It?

My_Chinchilla_Is_A_Racist

Platinum Member
Sep 17, 2022
Somewhere In Florida
Not to name any names, but comon! Really? sooner or later, your car is going to die! your engine is going to call it quits and its going to cost you up to maybe $10,000 {or less} in repairs. Oh Really? Tell that to Honda Accord and Toyota Camry Owners! and certian Kia and Hyundai owners. Aren't there thousand, if not a few million Honda Accords out there still running smoothly after 250,000 miles? and the same with other vehicles?
Maybe these ads are just targeting the more lesser intelligent people who are car owners and always forget to change their oil every three thousand miles, and never take their vehicles in just for regular check ups? But noooo! if you dont buy our auto repair coverage policy, thats it! your car is gonna die and painful and very expensive death very soon !!! :omg:

and i will go first with my car. I have a very nice Kia Optima, over 100,000 miles, well maintained. never had any major problems with. so why do i need to buy auto repair insurance? Tires Plus takes very good care of my car!

Kias and Hyundais are disposable vehicles. Most of their parts are not repairable, you have to replace the entire part, which of course......they're gonna really screw you over on the price.

But........with all auto makers getting substandard parts from China now, they are ALL disposable vehicles. Your'e lucky if your vehicle lasts more than 80K miles.

Sure, computerized engines tend to last longer because they self regualte now, but the rest of the vehicle is just a piece of shit. Which is why I buy used vehicles.
Use vehicles have already been thru the grinder and their "breaking in" period. I sure as hell ain't paying $50K for a vehicle for it to start falling apart before I even get home from the dealership!!!

Nope. When I buy a used vehicle, I know what it should sound like, look like, feel like, and smell like. I check ALL the fluids and sniff all the fluids. I can tell if there's any problems and what the problems are that way. More often than not......when I buy a used vehicle, all I need to do to it is get all the fluids and filters changed, get new brake pads, new engine belt, and a tune up. Then I'm good to go. Costs a hell of a lot less than having to continue to take a brand new car into the shop every other month!!!

Kias and Hyundais are disposable vehicles. Most of their parts are not repairable, you have to replace the entire part, which of course......they're gonna really screw you over on the price.

But........with all auto makers getting substandard parts from China now, they are ALL disposable vehicles. Your'e lucky if your vehicle lasts more than 80K miles.

Sure, computerized engines tend to last longer because they self regualte now, but the rest of the vehicle is just a piece of shit. Which is why I buy used vehicles.
Use vehicles have already been thru the grinder and their "breaking in" period. I sure as hell ain't paying $50K for a vehicle for it to start falling apart before I even get home from the dealership!!!

Nope. When I buy a used vehicle, I know what it should sound like, look like, feel like, and smell like. I check ALL the fluids and sniff all the fluids. I can tell if there's any problems and what the problems are that way. More often than not......when I buy a used vehicle, all I need to do to it is get all the fluids and filters changed, get new brake pads, new engine belt, and a tune up. Then I'm good to go. Costs a hell of a lot less than having to continue to take a brand new car into the shop every other month!!!
right, thats the only set back, where the parts come from. god forbid anything happens to south korea! but im sure we have thier parts here as well. but anything made in China, ???...yah...now that would be a problem,,,,i think we are OK with any parts made in japan

Not to name any names, but comon! Really? sooner or later, your car is going to die! your engine is going to call it quits and its going to cost you up to maybe $10,000 {or less} in repairs. Oh Really? Tell that to Honda Accord and Toyota Camry Owners! and certian Kia and Hyundai owners. Aren't there thousand, if not a few million Honda Accords out there still running smoothly after 250,000 miles? and the same with other vehicles?
Maybe these ads are just targeting the more lesser intelligent people who are car owners and always forget to change their oil every three thousand miles, and never take their vehicles in just for regular check ups? But noooo! if you dont buy our auto repair coverage policy, thats it! your car is gonna die and painful and very expensive death very soon !!! :omg:

We still get those for cars we don't even own any more.

This is...gibberish.

right, thats the only set back, where the parts come from. god forbid anything happens to south korea! but im sure we have thier parts here as well. but anything made in China, ???...yah...now that would be a problem,,,,i think we are OK with any parts made in japan

Japan gets THIER parts from China. Taiwan gets THEIR parts from China. Korea gets THEIR parts from China!
You might want a read a label once in a blue moon!

Japan gets THIER parts from China. Taiwan gets THEIR parts from China. Korea gets THEIR parts from China!
You might want a read a label once in a blue moon!
you mean to tell me that most parts,,,well vital parts for korean cars are made in china? so as a whole...they are only "Somewhat made in China",..,..well thats not good! but i do hope to buy a chevy SUV next year.

I don't see the value of these policies. Every car needs to be repaired sooner or later. When it does, you can either buy the parts and fix it yourself, or take it to a local garage if you aren't inclined to do that.

The local mechanics I have always dealt with like to be paid in cash money and will give a discount for prompt payment.

I don't see the value of these policies. Every car needs to be repaired sooner or later. When it does, you can either buy the parts and fix it yourself, or take it to a local garage if you aren't inclined to do that.

The local mechanics I have always dealt with like to be paid in cash money and will give a discount for prompt payment.
i wonder if the owners of these companies are aware of a "Million Mile Club" for Honda Accords? some of them have hit the million mile mark,,,,,but where did they drive to?

Don't fall for marketing tricks.
Any marketing tricks, whatsoever.
Having said that, with tech we have today in engines and lubricators, you do not have to change oil every three thousand miles.

i wonder if the owners of these companies are aware of a "Million Mile Club" for Honda Accords? some of them have hit the million mile mark,,,,,but where did they drive to?

I think that the insurance companies are very aware of the million mile club and how much better a lot of these cars are, as opposed to the vehicles from yesteryear.

The first car I owned, a 1964 Deuce and a Quarter , looked great but was hardly as carefree as you might think.

Forum List

Back