This will be controversial

I completely disagree, but let me ask you thisā€¦ Who do you claim designed us to eat meat? The word design implies a designer, or creator. And if youā€™re coming at it from a Christian perspective, you are flat out wrong. Genesis 1:29ā€“30 clearly states that our original design was to eat a plant-based diet.
Wrong man was given all animals to use and eat. But biologically man NEEDS meat, with out it you need special diets and vitamins.

Every vegan I know is sickly.
Then you donā€™t get out much. There are a fast growing amount of vegan athletes, vegan bodybuilders, runners, etc. Youā€™re going by outdated, lame info.

I get out plenty, and every last vegan I have EVER met is constantly sick. ALWAYS something, always missing work. I think part of it is the pussy attitude that is part of the mental illness of vegans, but the diet doesn't help.
Thats strange. My wife is vegan. Puts in 60+ hours per week and hasn't taken a sick day in nearly 10 years. Not to mention, she works circles around anyone who cares to try to keep up with her.

What diet people want to follow is their business. It is wrong to put people down for that lifestyle choice that harms no one.

ON BOTH SIDES OF THIS ISSUE.

Live and let it go. As long as they are not making laws to force Me to eat that way, I could not care less.

I was with you until you said a lifestyle choice ā€œthat harms no one.ā€ Really?

Apart from that, I agreed with everything else you said. And your wife sounds like a wise woman.

I go step by step..... I love animals....

so my first step was to stop eating red meat

I still eat chicken and fish and seafood

but I do not eat red meat and ....I am not missing it

step by step

Yes but you're a tiny girl..

You don't need much to sit at a desk all day long .. us guys need so much protein and energy..

Weā€™re living in a different world now.
really? methinks your world is what's different

people are going vegan in droves, but also from a biblical standpoint.
&&&&&&&
Because from a biblical perspective, there is no debate that we were designed/ created as herbivores. I talked about this earlier, just read Genesis 1:29-30

Genesis 1:29-30 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

29 Then God said, ā€œBehold, surface of all the earth, and every tree which has fruit yielding seed; it shall be food for you; 30 and sky and to every thing that moves on the earth which has life, I have given every green plant for foodā€; and it was so.

Job 38:39-41 New International Version (NIV)
39 ā€œDo you hunt the prey for the lioness
and satisfy the hunger of the lionsA)" data-cr="#cen-NIV-13833A" style="box-sizing: border-box; font-size: 0.625em; line-height: 22px; position: relative; vertical-align: top; top: 0px;">
40 when they crouch in their densB)" data-cr="#cen-NIV-13834B" style="box-sizing: border-box; font-size: 0.625em; line-height: 22px; position: relative; vertical-align: top; top: 0px;">
or lie in wait in a thicket?C)" data-cr="#cen-NIV-13834C" style="box-sizing: border-box; font-size: 0.625em; line-height: 22px; position: relative; vertical-align: top; top: 0px;">
41 Who provides foodD)" data-cr="#cen-NIV-13835D" style="box-sizing: border-box; font-size: 0.625em; line-height: 22px; position: relative; vertical-align: top; top: 0px;"> for the ravenE)" data-cr="#cen-NIV-13835E" style="box-sizing: border-box; font-size: 0.625em; line-height: 22px; position: relative; vertical-align: top; top: 0px;">
when its young cry out to God
and wander about for lack of food?

Psalm 145:15 The eyes of all look to You, and You give them their food in season.
American King James Version
The eyes of all wait on you; and you give them their meat in due season.

Science does NOT lie
But many LIE about science
But honestly, I get the feeling this discussion is pointless.
If it only has ONE repetitive nail -in-head point, yes

Do NOT expect that your lifestyle choice is the right one for anyone but yourself.

but I donā€™t have time for word games and dishonest debating.

Pulling yourself up, by pulling others down always ends badly

Time will tell, because that is one of the biggest reasons people go vegan. Because they realize that they could never kill the animal themselves in good conscience, when itā€™s completely unnecessary, so itā€™s hypocritical to pay someone else to do it for them daily. As more people go vegan, you will see

Now, if that person were to look down on people who worked on ranches, raising and slaughtering animals for them to eat, THAT would be hypocritical of them.
eats-vegan-because-ending-any-life-is-wrong-supports-abortion.jpg

YOu have made an arbitrary moral judgement, and are acting like anyone that does not agree with you, is morally wrong.
and that moral highground would include>>>>>

No-Such-Thing-As-A-Vegan.jpg

Nothing humane happens in a slaughterhouse.

There is no such thing as humane slaughter. Itā€™s an oxymoron
StellaMeme.jpg

An animal that is dying of cancer ALSO wants to live, but we as quickly and painlessly as possible, end their suffering
Which would mean we're more humane to animals than humans...
hqdefault.jpg

You don't "disagree," you promote your ignorance

Wow, this guy just crushes the liberal talking point about rednecks being backwoods, uneducated, idjits. LOL
thx, good thing i've spell check, eh?
The moral is misery loves company.

what is the uniform patch for a militant vegan
animal-liberation.gif

And now because I am vegan all of a sudden Iā€™m the enemy?

images

I like my cat. My cat, i hope, likes me. My cat has killed, uncounted mice, birds and even two rabbits. The fact that the cat killed some animals, does not mean that it does not love or like other animals, such as the humans in the house.

If you die alone, and your cats are still alive and in the house, they WILL eat your face.

Cats are a practical bunch, no doubt.

What a crock of excrement.

What did I say that you think is false? Please be specific.

I find you intellectually and ethically disingenuous. Your burning strawxyrs are polluting this board.

So no arguments about veganismā€¦ just an attack on me personally? That is disappointing, since you know me from Discuss Anything, and I posted there for many years, and I thought you knew that Iā€™m sincere. Or did you not know that I am lily from DA?

Itā€™s also disappointing because you used to get a lot of hate there, and there were a few times when I defended you, amidst the nasty attacks you used to get from some of the liberals there. And now because I am vegan all of a sudden Iā€™m the enemy?

I did not recognize you from DA - that was over 10 years ago.

I find you sneaking a video that is highly disturbing to many to be quite disingenuous at best. It is also unfair to equate eating meat with torturing animals. If you think that attacking people and trying to make them feel guilty is going to win Vegan converts, you are sorely mistaken.

I know. You said that yesterday. And I apologized yesterday for not posting a warning.

This thread was actually a spur of the moment thing. And on top of it being spur of the moment, when I was setting up the thread, I accidentally hit enter or something and the thread posted before it was finishedā€¦ before the video was even embedded, and I had to quickly fix it.

But I admit, even with that premature posting, I hadnā€™t planned to post a warningā€¦ maybe because I just wanted people to click on it. And I know that when you put a warning up, usually the very people who should see it, refuse to look at it.

Thatā€™s actually how I became vegan. Someone didnā€™t put a warning up and I watched slaughterhouse footage and was horrified because I realized I was paying for that.

If you hate my posts about veganism so much, maybe you should put me on ignore, or just donā€™t click on my threads? I actually donā€™t plan to post any more vegan threads in the near future, since it seems to be a waste of time here.

I apologize for missing your original apology and not recognizing you. But I don't apologize for challenging your vegan propaganda.

I'm a bit sensitive on that front due to a family situation. During the last two year's of my dad's life (he passed away last year), one family member ruined every family gathering she attended with her Vegan Outburst scenes. What she did was horrible, and I cannot support Vegan propaganda in any form. It's abusive.

You are free to eat what you wish. I'm not interested in interfering with your choices. Why can't you respect the choices of others?

I like my cat. My cat, i hope, likes me. My cat has killed, uncounted mice, birds and even two rabbits. The fact that the cat killed some animals, does not mean that it does not love or like other animals, such as the humans in the house.

If you die alone, and your cats are still alive and in the house, they WILL eat your face.

A Vegan friend of mine tried to make her cats into vegans a few years ago. The result: the starving cats killed the song birds in her neighborhood.

Nature is made up of predators and prey. It's God's design. Humans are predator-omnivores in the food chain.

A Vegan friend of mine tried to make her cats into vegans a few years ago. The result: the starving cats killed the song birds in her neighborhood.

Nature is made up of predators and prey. It's God's design. Humans are predator-omnivores in the food chain.

That was a cruel and stupid thing to do.

That was a cruel and stupid thing to do.

Yes, it was...as are many things of the "utopian" notions promoted by people who want to change the way life is.

(BTW, bacon in its original form does not taste the same way it does after it has been processed. You can ask Natural Citizen about that, he will explain.

Oh, sorry, I did not see that you mentioned that.

So, yeah, next time anyone sends an animal in, do some of the meat fresh instead of smoked. And actually, the whole pig is just bleh if it's fresh and not smoked.

Totally different. Last time I did one fresh like that, it was like chewing on a piece of boiled fat.

So, it wasn't the bacon itself I liked. It was the fact that it was smoked.

Weā€™re living in a different world now.
really? methinks your world is what's different.

I was replying to someone who talked about what it was like ages ago, in the history of mankind, and I said the world today is different. That is a factually true statement, so unless youā€™re denying that, your response was misleading.

Genesis 1:29-30 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

29 Then God said, ā€œBehold, surface of all the earth, and every tree which has fruit yielding seed; it shall be food for you; 30 and sky and to every thing that moves on the earth which has life, I have given every green plant for foodā€; and it was so.

Job 38:39-41 New International Version (NIV)
39 ā€œDo you hunt the prey for the lioness
and satisfy the hunger of the lionsA)" data-cr="#cen-NIV-13833A" style="box-sizing: border-box; font-size: 0.625em; line-height: 22px; position: relative; vertical-align: top; top: 0px;">
40 when they crouch in their densB)" data-cr="#cen-NIV-13834B" style="box-sizing: border-box; font-size: 0.625em; line-height: 22px; position: relative; vertical-align: top; top: 0px;">
or lie in wait in a thicket?C)" data-cr="#cen-NIV-13834C" style="box-sizing: border-box; font-size: 0.625em; line-height: 22px; position: relative; vertical-align: top; top: 0px;">
41 Who provides foodD)" data-cr="#cen-NIV-13835D" style="box-sizing: border-box; font-size: 0.625em; line-height: 22px; position: relative; vertical-align: top; top: 0px;"> for the ravenE)" data-cr="#cen-NIV-13835E" style="box-sizing: border-box; font-size: 0.625em; line-height: 22px; position: relative; vertical-align: top; top: 0px;">
when its young cry out to God
and wander about for lack of food?

Psalm 145:15 The eyes of all look to You, and You give them their food in season.
American King James Version
The eyes of all wait on you; and you give them their meat in due season.

First of all, in regard to the Psalm 145 scripture, you need to go to the original word in Hebrew, and then you will see that the word used refers simply to food, (sustenance), not flesh, which is a different word. That is why in many versions you see it translated as ā€œfoodā€ and in some others, as ā€œmeat.ā€ (Which in the olden days meant food.)

The original Hebrew word used in Psalm 145 is okel which refers to a variety of food.

The word for meat (flesh) is basar, a different word.

As for the Job scripture, I appreciate you taking the time to find verses to post. But what you donā€™t seem to understand is that from a Christian perspective, we are living in a fallen world. The world changed significantly after ā€œthe fall of man,ā€ and from that point on, it has not been the way God wants it to be, or designed it to be.

Iā€™m pretty sure youā€™re an atheist or agnostic, right? So I donā€™t expect you to understand all this, but from a Christian perspective, the important thing is Godā€™s original design and Godā€™s perfect will. NOT things that take place in this fallen world, which God allows to happen, even though they are not how they were in the beginning, or how God wants them to be.

You correctly posted Genesis 1:29ā€“30, which clearly states Godā€™s original design. He designed us to be herbivores, to live in peace and harmony with all creation. Even the animals were all herbivores, as you can read in verse 30! Thatā€™s how it was in the very beginning, before mankind rebelled against God and things began to change. So Godā€™s perfect will is not killing, death, selfishness and exploitation. Godā€™s perfect will is love, peace and harmony among all of His creation, respect for life.

But where you went wrong is in posting the Job scripture to try to prove that thatā€™s Godā€™s original design, when itā€™s absolutely not, and that can be proven in numerous ways. Not only can we read in Genesis 1 that in the very beginning, even the animals were herbivores (verse 30.) But we also have the prophetic scriptures, regarding Godā€™s plan to restore the peace and harmony that existed in the beginning, as you can see here in Isaiah 11:

ā€œThe wolf will dwell with the lamb, the leopard will lie down with the kid, the calf and the young lion and the yearling together, and a little child will lead them.ā€

We can also use common sense. Obviously a God of love, who loves and values his own creation did not create animals with a brain and central nervous system, the ability to feel pain, to be food. God loves all his creation, that is stated clearly throughout the Bible. To think that God created animals with the ability to suffer and feel pain, for the purpose of being food, shows a profound ignorance or lack of understanding on the character/ nature of God.

Anyone who is going to quote scripture needs to realize that the Bible was meant to be understood as a whole, in its entirety. We have to look at the big picture, especially Godā€™s perfect will in the beginning, and ultimate plan....instead of cherry picking scriptures that on the surface might appear to support a particular worldly position, but actually do not, when you go deeper. And when one learns about Godā€™s perfect will and what he wants believers to bring about in this world. (ā€œYour will be done on earth as it is in heaven.ā€)

Pulling yourself up, by pulling others down always ends badly

That is not my intention. I am well aware that when people feel personally judged or harshly criticized, it is counterproductive. As I said to someone earlier on the thread, I donā€™t judge people who know not what they do. Because I was that way myself, as were pretty much all vegans, before they went vegan. But Iā€™m not gonna lie, there are certain things that deeply disappoint me, and in light of that, if I make sarcastic or not-so-nice comments, it comes from that disappointmentā€¦ but thatā€™s more about mankind in general, not so much people as individuals.

Funny meme, but I am pro life, so youā€™re barking up the wrong tree there. That does not apply to me.

Do you honestly think that vegans arenā€™t aware that many everyday products contain animal ingredients? Maybe plant-based people who do it for health reasons donā€™t care about that, but vegans who do it for moral/ethical reasons are well aware that many everyday products contain animal ingredientsā€¦ And they make a point to avoid those, to look for products that are vegan, and not only vegan but also ethically sourced. Because if something comes from a sweatshop in China, it may not contain animal ingredients but itā€™s still not something people want to support.

Obviously there are certain things that canā€™t be avoided because we live in a messed up world, but the definition of veganism is:

ā€œ....a way of living which seeks to exclude, as far as is possible and practicable, all forms of exploitation of, and cruelty to, animals for food, clothing or any other purpose.ā€

Again, funny meme but the fact that someone did something inconsistent (most likely unknowingly) does not negate the idea that as responsible stewards of this earth, we should avoid unnecessarily harming animals.

The moral is misery loves company.

images

Like I said before, I fully understand where youā€™re coming from. I posted the same type of stuff myself, back when I was debating vegans. But to my amazement, the more I sought out the truth, the more I educated myself and did the research, I eventually realized they were rightā€¦ for the most part. (See meme below) As a Christian, I do have some disagreements with vegans on certain ideas. And because of that, at first I did not call myself a veganā€¦ But the label is not as important as the overall idea that if we can avoid unnecessarily harming and exploiting animals (which we absolutely can) then why wouldnā€™t we?

2413870-D-C138-408-F-81-F3-58-E2-FB211-DB1.jpg

Last edited:
You simply are not going to brainwash any reasonable thinking person into a Vegan lifestyle. If they want to be a vegan they will be your propaganda is not going to convince an omnivore into becoming a Vegan. Remind me how us Omnivores are always trying to brainwash you vegans into eating meat? It simply does not happen but you born again vegans are sure trying to brainwash meat eaters and with the cuddly oh so cute animal story. Sorry doesn't work. As for science man is an omnivore no amount of you claiming otherwise changes the SCIENCE and the BIOLOGY of that fact.

You simply are not going to brainwash any reasonable thinking person into a Vegan lifestyle. If they want to be a vegan they will be your propaganda is not going to convince an omnivore into becoming a Vegan. Remind me how us Omnivores are always trying to brainwash you vegans into eating meat? It simply does not happen but you born again vegans are sure trying to brainwash meat eaters and with the cuddly oh so cute animal story. Sorry doesn't work. As for science man is an omnivore no amount of you claiming otherwise changes the SCIENCE and the BIOLOGY of that fact.

If you think anything Iā€™m saying is false, then be specific and refute it. I already went over your claim about science and you completely ignored the video I posted which went over everything, point by point. Your complete disinterest in anything that contradicts your position speaks volumes about what youā€™re really interested in doing.

I hate when the neighborhood cats hang out in my yard waiting to pounce on the song birds. If there's one thing that plucks me nice and good, it's that. Their owners aren't vegans, but boy does that pluck me. I have a little green sign in one of my flower beds out front that means my property is a certified natural habitat. I built all of that just so I could have the song birds around. And they poop in my mulch beds, too.

I'm going to write a very stern letter to the homeowners association, just haven't got around to it yet, I've been lightly plinking them with rubber bb if I see em prowling.

If you think anything Iā€™m saying is false, then be specific and refute it. I already went over your claim about science and you completely ignored the video I posted which went over everything, point by point. Your complete disinterest in anything that contradicts your position speaks volumes about what youā€™re really interested in doing.

I havenlt really been following what you and Sarge are debating, mainly just skimming through, whenever I see friends debating science, though, I usually like to jot a reminder that nothing is really ever proven in science. Not really.

As far as man's design, I simply contend that we're naturally scavengers and foragers.

Last edited:
(BTW, bacon in its original form does not taste the same way it does after it has been processed. You can ask Natural Citizen about that, he will explain.

So, yeah, next time anyone sends an animal in, do some of the meat fresh instead of smoked. And actually, the whole pig is just bleh if it's fresh and not smoked.

Totally different. Last time I did one fresh like that, it was like chewing on a piece of boiled fat.

Iā€™m glad you shared that. People are obsessed with bacon, but as you said, before itā€™s processed, it tastes bland, so itā€™s actually the salt and seasoning and smoky flavor that makes it taste good. That reminds me of something I saw recently. (Yā€™all are going to hate me for posting this, but anyway... ) :10:

F4-FF4930-09-C9-413-D-B104-72-A41-B681-EB8.jpg

I havenlt really been following what you and Sarge are debating, mainly just skimming through, whenever I see friends debating science, though, I usually like to jot a reminder that nothing is really ever proven in science. Not really.

As far as man's design, I simply contend that we're naturally scavengers and foragers.

Good point about science. I hope that RetiredGySgt heard you, because he seems to think its ā€œprovenā€ and has zero interest in hearing anything that contradicts that. There are actually more things I can bring up about that, but maybe Iā€™ll do that another time.

Iā€™m glad you shared that. People are obsessed with bacon, but as you said, before itā€™s processed, it tastes bland, so itā€™s actually the salt and seasoning and smoky flavor that makes it taste good. That reminds me of something I saw recently. (Yā€™all are going to hate me for posting this, but anyway... ) :10:

Good point about science. I hope that RetiredGySgt heard you, because he seems to think its ā€œprovenā€ and has zero interest in hearing anything that contradicts that. There are actually more things I can bring up about that, but maybe Iā€™ll do that another time.
You can get some vegan retard to say what ever he wants, the fact is HUMANS are Omnivores.

What did I say that you think is false? Please be specific.

I find you intellectually and ethically disingenuous. Your burning strawxyrs are polluting this board.

So no arguments about veganismā€¦ just an attack on me personally? That is disappointing, since you know me from Discuss Anything, and I posted there for many years, and I thought you knew that Iā€™m sincere. Or did you not know that I am lily from DA?

Itā€™s also disappointing because you used to get a lot of hate there, and there were a few times when I defended you, amidst the nasty attacks you used to get from some of the liberals there. And now because I am vegan all of a sudden Iā€™m the enemy?

I did not recognize you from DA - that was over 10 years ago.

I find you sneaking a video that is highly disturbing to many to be quite disingenuous at best. It is also unfair to equate eating meat with torturing animals. If you think that attacking people and trying to make them feel guilty is going to win Vegan converts, you are sorely mistaken.

I know. You said that yesterday. And I apologized yesterday for not posting a warning.

This thread was actually a spur of the moment thing. And on top of it being spur of the moment, when I was setting up the thread, I accidentally hit enter or something and the thread posted before it was finishedā€¦ before the video was even embedded, and I had to quickly fix it.

But I admit, even with that premature posting, I hadnā€™t planned to post a warningā€¦ maybe because I just wanted people to click on it. And I know that when you put a warning up, usually the very people who should see it, refuse to look at it.

Thatā€™s actually how I became vegan. Someone didnā€™t put a warning up and I watched slaughterhouse footage and was horrified because I realized I was paying for that.

If you hate my posts about veganism so much, maybe you should put me on ignore, or just donā€™t click on my threads? I actually donā€™t plan to post any more vegan threads in the near future, since it seems to be a waste of time here.

I apologize for missing your original apology and not recognizing you. But I don't apologize for challenging your vegan propaganda.

I'm a bit sensitive on that front due to a family situation. During the last two year's of my dad's life (he passed away last year), one family member ruined every family gathering she attended with her Vegan Outburst scenes. What she did was horrible, and I cannot support Vegan propaganda in any form. It's abusive.

You are free to eat what you wish. I'm not interested in interfering with your choices. Why can't you respect the choices of others?

Apology accepted. And I can see why youā€™d be sensitive on that front, due to that family member. Thatā€™s a real shame. I donā€™t know what exactly she did...but at the end of the day, to be fair and logical, something should be judged on its own merit, rather than on the messenger or source.

Also, I donā€™t want to argue with you anymoreā€¦ but when you use the word propaganda, it implies dishonesty / lies. As I said to sergeant, if thereā€™s anything I said that is untrue, I wish you would be specific and show how it is false, instead of labeling it all as propaganda, or getting mad at the messenger. I never want to post anything that is false. I realize that people who hold a different worldview are not going to accept the biblical stuff, but thereā€™s a difference between sincerely having a differing view, and being dishonest or posting propaganda.

Last edited:

You can get some vegan retard to say what ever he wants, the fact is HUMANS are Omnivores.

You keep proving my point, since you refuse to hear anything that goes against your existing position. So doctors, including one of the most prominent cardiologists in the world, with over 1500 publications in peer reviewed medical journals is a ā€œretardā€? Haha. With each post, you make it increasingly clear to me that you are an unreasonable person, who puts their own desires above all else, including truth and learning anything new. There are not many things more pathetic and low than that.

You keep proving my point, since you refuse to hear anything that goes against your existing position. So doctors, including one of the most prominent cardiologists in the world, with over 1500 publications in peer reviewed medical journals is a ā€œretardā€? Haha. With each post, you make it increasingly clear to me that you are an unreasonable person, who puts their own desires above all else, including truth and learning anything new. There are not many things more pathetic and low than that.
Be specific and post where any scientist or doctor has said Humans are not omnivores. So I can laugh at the ignorant moron so more.

Forum List

Back