This weekend's NFL picks

not me,they shouldnt even be playing in green bay this weekend.those fucking coward refs can burn in hell for being cowards picking up the flag after making the right call initially.

worst NON call in a playoff game since the bullshit tuck rule they invented.In BOTH cases,they were calls favoring the home team.hopefully the refs play favorites with the pack this weekend like they did with the cowgirls and justice is done for the Lions.

New England over Baltimore Brady at home.
Seattle over Carolina But I will take Carolina on the point spread (10.5) The last four games they have played all have been less, its a trend that will continue..
Green Bay over Dallas Close because Dallas is 8-0 on the road but GB is 8-0 at home scoring a whole lot of points in the process.
Denver over Indianapolis Manning at home.

would be great if history would repeat itself again.would love to see the donkeys lose in the first round but don't see that happening so I am hoping that history repeats itself like it did a couple years ago with the ravens beating both the pats and then the donkeys.tough task though.they could make the pats game close though with their defense.

Baltimore at New England
Carolina at Seattle
Dallas at Green Bay
Indianapolis at Denver

I'm not seeing any road team winning this week, I could be wrong. Carolina is probably the best chance had they gone to Green Bay because they are hot, however they are in Seattle and they are also hot.

Arizona had what I thought was a worse pass interference call not made in their favor last weekend. The problem with the one in Dallas is that the flag was thrown and then picked up. Had that flag not been thrown, while it still would have been a very iffy call, it would not have generated nearly the same amount of upset.

Watching that Arizona/Carolina game seemed almost like a formality; which of the two not-so-great teams would get the opportunity to lose the next week? It really is very unfortunate for Arizona....I wonder what they might have done had they not been hit so hard by the injury bug this year.

The only game I expect to be close is Indy/Denver. I'm going with Denver, but would not be surprised if Indy pulled it out. Otherwise I think the home teams will dominate.

Seattle over Carolina But I will take Carolina on the point spread (10.5) The last four games they have played all have been less, its a trend that will continue..
Green Bay over Dallas Close because Dallas is 8-0 on the road but GB is 8-0 at home scoring a whole lot of points in the process.
Manning can't play in cold weather.

If THAT is true why would he have gone to play in DENVER???

I've lived in Boulder Sport. If Manning, arguably one of the smarter QBs in the NFL, thought he was at a disadvantage in lower temps why would he sign up to play his home games a mile higher than the rest of the country?

As a pilot we learn early on that the temperature of the air drops 3.5 degrees every 1000 feet.

Translation.. Denver air is over 17 degrees F colder than the same air at sea level.

I've lived in Boulder Sport. If Manning, arguably one of the smarter QBs in the NFL, thought he was at a disadvantage in lower temps why would he sign up to play his home games a mile higher than the rest of the country?

As a pilot we learn early on that the temperature of the air drops 3.5 degrees every 1000 feet.

Translation.. Denver air is over 17 degrees F colder than the same air at sea level.
Peyton Manning cold weather games Breaking down the numbers

Last edited:

WOW! Those numbers are astonishing.

Manning isn't as smart as I had heard.

WOW! Those numbers are astonishing.

Manning isn't as smart as I had heard.

Well, you also might need to take into consideration that for most of his career his home games were in a dome, so all of the cold weather games are away games.

Not counting on it, but it would be great to see Dallas kick cheese head butt in the freezing weather.

Baltimore, Seattle, Green Bay and
the Colts win the Horse Bowl.

Dallas struggled last week, but I liked their pass rush. Rodgers has a gimpy leg. Green Bay didn't have the toughest schedule this year, though they did have quality wins over NE and Philly. They split vs. the Lions. Lost at Buffalo and got killed at New Orleans. Jordy Nelson and Randall (Tex) Cobb have to be a concern. But I think Dallas gets after Rodgers with their 4 man rush. If it weren't for the iffy health status of Romo, DeMarco Murray, Jeremy Mincey and all 3 Dallas LB'ers, I would have picked the upset in this game.

Seattle is too good and Wilson is too slippery and Russell Okung is back to his old dominant self. No way to pick against them, though I'd love to see them lose.

I'm going with the Colts and Ravens as my upset picks. It's better to be lucky than good. And it's true, old man Manning struggles in the cold. TY Hilton won't drop every other pass like he did last week. Denver defense was better last year.

In Foxboro, the Ravens will shut down the run (Ngata and Williams). They'll be efficient on offense, and I'm banking on Suggs elevating his game and playing like he once did. Steve Smith isn't afraid of anyone. Will Hill is a problem child on and off the field, and he's on the field this week. Ladarius Webb is a mugger. Elvis Dumervil is missed in Denver. Nobody on the NE offense is elite, except for Gronk. Brady is over-rated. NE does have an elite defense. But, Ravens can be effective with a conservative offense.

Really, Denver D was better last year? They are better in points per game and yards given up this year, in fact they were top 5 in yards per game and 2nd in rushing yards per game.

DeMarcus Ware had no sacks in December. He's wearing down. Their leading tackler Brandon Marshall has a bad foot.
TJ Ward did not deserve to make the pro-bowl.

Denver's defensive stats are inflated because they played 4 games vs the Raiders and Chiefs. Chargers weren't exactly an offensive juggernaut. They played the Jets, St Louis, Miami, Buffalo and Arizona. Denver didn't beat a playoff team all year. They gave up 37 points to Cincy in December.

I hate the Broncos and like the Colts. So, there's that too. That's my main reason for picking the upset.

The Broncos played the AFC West last year, too....just like every year. In the loss to the Bengals, Cincinnati actually didn't do much on offense outside of an 85 yard TD run by Hill. It had a lot to do with Manning's 4 interceptions and some poor special teams play giving the Bengals good field position.

Besides which, I'm not trying to say that the Broncos D has been great this year....just better. And with an offense that can potentially put up a lot of points, a great defense might not be needed.

I'm no Broncos fan, and I don't know if they could beat Seattle should that matchup occur again, but the Broncos defense has definitely been improved this season.

Forum List

Back