This sound like a good idea?

Kagom

Jan 16, 2006
Vicksburg, MS
I'm thinking of applying to a Police dispatcher job since they make about 2k-4k a month. What I'd do is this:

1.) Work for about a year or so (probably more) and save up money (not counting what's being used to pay for rent).

2.) Take a month long trip through Europe and parts of Russia

3.) College

#1 and 3 are the easiest to do. It's the second one that might be a problem. I'd have no one to go with me (my boyfriend won't leave the states :p) and I have only so many friends in other countries.

But on a whole, what do you guys think?

English Education and Drama

Screw the 'education' part, just be an English major! You get to read books and discuss philosophy and stuff like that all the time, then when you graduate, you have no job-related skills at all! :D

Screw the 'education' part, just be an English major! You get to read books and discuss philosophy and stuff like that all the time, then when you graduate, you have no job-related skills at all! :D
But I need job-related skills :p I have to have a job if I never make it in film.

But I need job-related skills :p I have to have a job if I never make it in film.

I feel one of those 'pregnant story' moments coming on, I will resist the urge! There is one 8th grader today that is the screaming advertisement for not arming teachers, principals, or custodians! :laugh:

I feel one of those 'pregnant story' moments coming on, I will resist the urge! There is one 8th grader today that is the screaming advertisement for not arming teachers, principals, or custodians! :laugh:
I hear these "pregnant stories" all the time from teachers. I'm quite aware of the dangers and disappointments to come. That's why I'd work at a private school ;)

I hear these "pregnant stories" all the time from teachers. I'm quite aware of the dangers and disappointments to come. That's why I'd work at a private school ;)

:shocked: I do work in a private school. :laugh: BTW, I do love teaching, just some kids...

:shocked: I do work in a private school. :laugh: BTW, I do love teaching, just some kids...
Oh trust me, I know a lot about those "some kids" There were some kids I wish the teacher'd actually punish more thoroughly instead of just taking it like a bitch. But I'd be the kind of hardass teacher who wouldn't take shit.

That male stripper idea didn't pan out either huh ?:D

i was serious...i went to school in copenhagen and dated a rich girl...worked out perfect.
I'm in a relationship and I'd like to stick to a college close by for the time being (first two years anyways).

ANd I only want to go through, not stay.

Oh trust me, I know a lot about those "some kids" There were some kids I wish the teacher'd actually punish more thoroughly instead of just taking it like a bitch. But I'd be the kind of hardass teacher who wouldn't take shit.

So you think you want to be a hardass and not take any shit aye?

Well I can give you a couple lessons on how to do that... :D

Seriously... stay in college, get a good job, then take the european vacation, when you have more money to have a better time. Europe isn't going anywhere. Finish school while you're young.

And if you're going to... if you ARE, studying english, then stop saying ANYWAYS. Anyway should never be used plural.

So you think you want to be a hardass and not take any shit aye?

Well I can give you a couple lessons on how to do that... :D

Seriously... stay in college, get a good job, then take the european vacation, when you have more money to have a better time. Europe isn't going anywhere. Finish school while you're young.

And if you're going to... if you ARE, studying english, then stop saying ANYWAYS. Anyway should never be used plural.
The "anyways" thing is just habit. :p

But my thing is how much of Europe is still going to be around in four years? ;)

Forum List

Back