This Seems A Bit Wrong, Right?

That is fucking ridiculous.

These people were not on the streets they were not causing any disturbance.

This is going to fucking far

The order cannot and does not extend to private property.

You're joking, right?

BSWZR7ANIFHYBHLUI4JIOVNQ4U.jpg

What about "get inside" was not understood?
Under what authority do they have to order citizens about on their own property let alone to open fire on citizens going about their lawful business?

That scene was straight out of Nazi Germany or Stalingrad.
Same authority they had to order you to shelter in place and shut down your business. You gave them this power. Learn to deal with it because it’s only going to get worse now.
I haven't given them that power and in fact, I have not followed any such order, ever.

We have a duty to speak out against this kind of tyranny.

Then stay on the porch.
I would have. But I'm not talking about the people who retreated inside. I'm talking about people outside the region, people like you, who seem to acquiesce to this kind of government thuggery.

YOU have a duty to speak up and lodge complaints, to organize like-minded people, to demand a redress of grievance from that government. If necessary, to seek legal charges of criminal conduct on their part.

Outrage at such acts as this needs to be spread wide and far and demands for accountability enforced.

I'm not acquiescing to anything. I'm just not stupid to sit on the porch and get shot by a Guardsman who is under orders and doesn't care.

Under what authority do they have to order citizens about on their own property let alone to open fire on citizens going about their lawful business?

Same authority they had to order you to shelter in place and shut down your business. You gave them this power. Learn to deal with it because it’s only going to get worse now.
I haven't given them that power and in fact, I have not followed any such order, ever.

Then stay on the porch.
I would have. But I'm not talking about the people who retreated inside. I'm talking about people outside the region, people like you, who seem to acquiesce to this kind of government thuggery.

YOU have a duty to speak up and lodge complaints, to organize like-minded people, to demand a redress of grievance from that government. If necessary, to seek legal charges of criminal conduct on their part.

Outrage at such acts as this needs to be spread wide and far and demands for accountability enforced.

I'm not acquiescing to anything. I'm just not stupid to sit on the porch and get shot by a Guardsman who is under orders and doesn't care.
The guardsmen acted criminally. Clearly, they no longer teach discretion in the military.

There was no threat to be had in that situation, the guy in charge knew it, yet acted improperly; as all thugs do.

We used to allow people in command situations to consider the legality of any order given and then to exercise good judgment based upon that analysis.

I guess we'll start seeing massacre's of American villages under the guise of, "Following orders".

As areas burned and looters ran amok, like it or not the message being sent here was if you are outside past 8, you will be seen as a threat. Many rubber rounds were fired at reporters and anyone who ignored several orders to move on.
Protests will be allowed today until 8pm, but folks better get inside after that.
Unbelievably, no serious injuries reported locally, the streets are calm and cleanup crews are sweeping the streets.
No reports of massive arson and property damage last night as the Guard took back the streets. Units were also deployed to Fargo, Duluth, and St. Cloud.

Everyone left and right are shocked by the video of the cop, I am disgusted by it, but reckless burning of our community can not, will not be tolerated. A family member had their auto shop of 40 years damaged just two blocks south of Lake Street and countless minority businesses were burned to the ground. Neighborhoods will look like destruction zones for years.

This may put me at odds with many who share a lot of views with me, but I am glad my loopy liberal governor had the balls to make the order to establish law and order again. The only time I have ever agreed with him.

I currently live 45 miles north and there were no cops on the streets and I was out past 8. There was no violence here or in 90% of the state. This was not about shutting down free speech but maintaining law and order in areas that got out of control. Again, one is free until 8pm to go carry signs and yell.
Should have done it day 2 when Mpls showed they weren't up to it. Walz is big a failure as the Mayor. Top brass of MPLS Police should all be fired

Then stay on the porch.

The guardsmen acted criminally. Clearly, they no longer teach discretion in the military.

There was no threat to be had in that situation

You, and they, did not know that.

If you are standing on your property and a cop or soldier orders you inside, you will go inside?
Yes, I would. And I would continue to gawk from inside until they'd passed by. What was going on that they were sending everyone in? If they don't want people taking pot shots at them from their porch, or sending fireworks or bricks at them, they get to make that call.

Last edited:

Then stay on the porch.

Of course, they did. You did too, but now your falling into the tired old USMB habit of arguing because you think getting in the last word makes you right. The video clearly shows no threat at all.

You'll have to do the 'did so' game with someone else. I made my point.

We have a duty to stand up to this kind of tyranny or we will have more of it in the future.

Then stay on the porch.

Of course, they did. You did too, but now your falling into the tired old USMB habit of arguing because you think getting in the last word makes you right. The video clearly shows no threat at all.

You'll have to do the 'did so' game with someone else. I made my point.

We have a duty to stand up to this kind of tyranny or we will have more of it in the future.

My "duty" is what I and I alone deem it to be.

Under the currently law, they aren't allowed to be outside their homes after a certain time. If you disagree with that law, don't blame the officers, blame the politicians who passed it.
what law is that???

no one gave them this power,,,they took it,,,

That is fucking ridiculous.

These people were not on the streets they were not causing any disturbance.

This is going to fucking far
They srent allowed to be on their porch. Furthermore, they ignored repeated commands to go inside.

Yep, they dsserved to be shot by a paint ball.

no one gave them this power,,,they took it,,,
That was just the precursor to what comes next. Wait and see...

Liberals learned a majority of the sheep will willingly comply now...

Forum List

Back