Zone1 This Scripture (Mk 4:1-20) shows one reason why we need priests, bishops and popes

1miseryindex

Platinum Member
Nov 17, 2023
USA
Of course there are numerous other scripture psgs as well

Here is a Scripture from the January 24, 2024 Catholic Mass readings-- Emphasis added by yours truly:

And when [Jesus] was alone, those present along with the Twelve questioned him about the parables. He answered them, "The mystery of the Kingdom of God has been granted to you [his inner circle of followers]. But to those outside, everything comes in parables, so that

they may look and see but not perceive,
and hear and listen but not understand,
in order that they may not be converted and be forgiven."

Comment

Wow, that's really something... especially the last sentence. First of all, the part that has the most to do w/ OP title is the first highlighted sentence... Jesus had his closest followers with Him. Those who weren't really into him, as it were, had apparently left the scene.

Jesus continues, saying to them,

"Do you not understand this parable? Then how will you understand any of [them]? The sower sows the word. These are ones on the path where the word is sown. As soon as they hear it, Satan comes at once and takes away the word sown in them.

And these are the ones sown on rocky ground who, when they hear the word, receive it at once with joy. But they have no roots; they last only for a time. Then when tribulation or persecution comes because of the word, they quickly fall away. Those sown among thorns are another sort. They are the ones who hear the word but worldly anxiety, the lure of riches, and the craving for other things intrude and choke the word, and it bears no fruit..."

Last edited:
But to those outside, everything comes in parables, so that

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But we do understand! We also understand the reason why you continue to try to get answers to questions that raise issues you can't reconcile in your own mind.

You're being told by the churches to accept that your bibles aren't literally true. No Christian is completely ready to accept that for all the cases made that can't be possible in our world of modern science.

Churches need to move away from the facts stated in the bibles, as quickly as the top 10% or so in intelligence, and that leaves the other 90% with the questions that are haunting you.

For one simple example among thousands of other possibilities: People can't have wings on their backs! You, among the 90%, aren't ready to throw that in the trash. Or Adam and Eve! The churches have thrown that one in the trach can too now!

We know exactly why it needs to be said that we don't understand the reason for the 'lately' claimed parables.

But to those outside, everything comes in parables, so that

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But we do understand! We also understand the reason why you continue to try to get answers to questions that raise issues you can't reconcile in your own mind.

You're being told by the churches to accept that your bibles aren't literally true. No Christian is completely ready to accept that for all the cases made that can't be possible in our world of modern science.

Churches need to move away from the facts stated in the bibles, as quickly as the top 10% or so in intelligence, and that leaves the other 90% with the questions that are haunting you.

For one simple example among thousands of other possibilities: People can't have wings on their backs! You, among the 90%, aren't ready to throw that in the trash.

We know exactly why it needs to be said that we don't understand the reason for the 'lately' claimed parables.
I tried 2 understand this... Admittedly I didn't try HARD to understand -but in any case

I like words I can readily understand so I will try to find some post or thread that has that

I tried 2 understand this... Admittedly I didn't try HARD to understand -but in any case

I like words I can readily understand so I will try to find some post or thread that has that

That one has a tendency towards word-salad.

Just another interpretation of the old, "If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit".

Here's something a lot simpler to understand: The Catholic church affords the flock the luxury of believing whatever they choose on evolution vs. creation. If you're a Catholic you can't be wrong!

As an atheist I believe Darwinian evolution and I reject creation completely. The catholic church allows that!

That one has a tendency towards word-salad.

Just another interpretation of the old, "If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit".

LOL

Yes, I noticed this myself... the tendency toward word salad

but I didn't know he was trying to dazzle anyone w/ brilliance... probably because I didn't see any brilliance

(but maybe he did and that's what counts, isn't it?) Bless his heart

Here's something a lot simpler to understand: The Catholic church affords the flock the luxury of believing whatever they choose on evolution vs. creation. If you're a Catholic you can't be wrong!

As an atheist I believe Darwinian evolution and I reject creation completely. The catholic church allows that!
i'm not interested in that topic. I know enough to say that we did NOT descend from apes.. no missing link has been found

End of problem.

I couldn't care less about the issue

LOL

Yes, I noticed this myself... the tendency toward word salad

but I didn't know he was trying to dazzle anyone w/ brilliance... probably because I didn't see any brilliance

(but maybe he did and that's what counts, isn't it?) Bless his heart
What counts is that you can believe creation exclusively, I can believe evolution exclusively, and the Catholic church states that we can both be right!

But you're not being told that you can't pick and choose what you personally like and dislike.

i'm not interested in that topic. I know enough to say that we did NOT descend from apes.. no missing link has been found

End of problem.

I couldn't care less about the issue
You've identified your main issue and the Catholic church doesn't claim you to be right or wrong.

The 'missing link' claim is out of date. There is no missing link, there are dozens of links that have been discovered in the fossil records. And fwiw, the Catholic church doesn't disagree with that!

The CC also allows you to believe in there not being a missing link!

Relax! The CC has granted us the satisfaction of both of us being right.

The CC totally accepts Darwinian evolution.

Along with creation! Its not for us to try to claim they can work together.

You've identified your main issue and the Catholic church doesn't claim you to be right or wrong.

The 'missing link' claim is out of date. There is no missing link, there are dozens of links that have been discovered in the fossil records. And fwiw, the Catholic church doesn't disagree with that!

The CC also allows you to believe in there not being a missing link!

Relax! The CC has granted us the satisfaction of both of us being right.

The CC totally accepts Darwinian evolution.

Along with creation! Its not for us to try to claim they can work together.
You don't even know how to define the terms you sling around thoughtlessly

You cannot define what is meant by Catholic Church

Only Catholics know, and maybe the ones studying to become that, or whatever.

The Vatican is NOT the True Church (for starters)

People speak out of their ignorance and so, all one tends to see is great ignorance... so tiresome

You don't even know how to define the terms you sling around thoughtlessly

You cannot define what is meant by Catholic Church

Only Catholics know, and maybe the ones studying to become that, or whatever.

The Vatican is NOT the True Church (for starters)

People speak out of their ignorance and so, all one tends to see is great ignorance... so tiresome
There's an easy answer for why you claim the Vatican isn't the Catholic Church. That's because of the split of the CC in America on account of the acceptance of Darwinian evolution.

That was damage control the Vatican deemed to be necessary now, but knew that it would risk losing half of America.

They needn't have worried, there will be no split. In fact the CC dodged a bullet in making the proclamation just in time. Somewhere in America, a CC is being renovated into becoming a bingo hall every day!

There's an easy answer for why you claim the Vatican isn't the Catholic Church. That's because of the split of the CC in America on account of the acceptance of Darwinian evolution.

That was damage control the Vatican deemed to be necessary now, but knew that it would risk losing half of America.

They needn't have worried, there will be no split. In fact the CC dodged a bullet in making the proclamation just in time. Somewhere in America, a CC is being renovated into becoming a bingo hall every day!
I have not found any of this to be the case. And few know Catholicism better than I do... I haven't found ONE poster here who knows it (history and etc) better than I do. There are a few who know bits and pieces but again, they don't know as much as I do IMO.

If they do know more or equally as much

you'd never know it by their posts!

And few know Catholicism better than I do... I haven't found ONE poster here who knows it (history and etc) better than I do. There are a few who know bits and pieces but again, they don't know as much as I do IMO.
We talk about all kinds of religions here. What we don't do is call people vermin, and haters and target someone in every thread you make. You and OPJQ remind me of gossipy old biddies, hanging out at the back fence belittling your neighbors. Your "confessions" are just accolades to yourself. Your little trip to the badlands showed your true colors. If you represent the Catholic faith, then you leave a bad impression. You are nothing like the Catholics I know. None of them act like you. There decent people. You're just nasty...

Here is a Scripture from the January 24, 2024 Catholic Mass readings-- Emphasis added by yours truly:

And when [Jesus] was alone, those present along with the Twelve questioned him about the parables. He answered them, "The mystery of the Kingdom of God has been granted to you [his inner circle of followers]. But to those outside, everything comes in parables, so that

Comment

Wow, that's really something... especially the last sentence. First of all, the part that has the most to do w/ OP title is the first highlighted sentence... Jesus had his closest followers with Him. Those who weren't really into him, as it were, had apparently left the scene.

"Do you not understand this parable? Then how will you understand any of [them]? The sower sows the word. These are ones on the path where the word is sown. As soon as they hear it, Satan comes at once and takes away the word sown in them.

And these are the ones sown on rocky ground who, when they hear the word, receive it at once with joy. But they have no roots; they last only for a time. Then when tribulation or persecution comes because of the word, they quickly fall away. Those sown among thorns are another sort. They are the ones who hear the word but worldly anxiety, the lure of riches, and the craving for other things intrude and choke the word, and it bears no fruit..."
sorry was this supposed to prove something? no bible in this post.

Comment

A look at the qualifications of the apostles reveal they would not have successors. An apostle had to be an eye-witness of Christ. (Acts 1:15-26). Paul defended his apostleship by saying, "Am I not an apostle? Have I not seen Jesus our Lord?" (1 Cor. 9:1). The apostles were indeed witnesses in the fullest sense. They were the eye-witnesses, carefully chosen by the Lord, who would witness to mankind what they saw and heard concerning Jesus. Acts 1:8 says, "...But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you, and you shall be witnesses for me in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria and even to the very ends of the earth." The Lord said to Paul, "...I have appeared to thee for this purpose, to appoint thee to be a minister and a witness to what thou hast seen, and to the visions thou shalt have of me." (Acts 26:16). Peter declared, "For we were not following fictitious tales when we made known to you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but we had been eye-witnesses of his grandeur." (2 Pet. 1:16).

Realizing this important fact helps us to understand how the apostles witness to us today. They certainly do not do it through other ordained witnesses. It is impossible for one in our time to be a witness in the sense they were. Instead, it is through their writings--the holy Scriptures. The apostle John, in his introduction to his first epistle, declared that he was bearing witness to those things which they had heard, had seen with their eyes, and had touched with their hands, concerning the Word of life. John bore witness to those things by writing them for us. (1 John 1:1-4). The apostles' testimony given in their writings was to "all who call upon the name of our Lord in every place" (1 Cor. 1:2), and to "the faithful in Christ Jesus" (Eph. 1:1). The apostles witness to us today through their writings and this is the only way their unerring guidance is transmitted to the present.

Forum List

Back