..This Reagan appointed judge has an opinion about J6....

The only person to die as a result of J6 was Ashli Babbitt.
As Benedict Donald was practically and morally responsible for all the events during his riot at the Capitol Building, Babbitts family should sue him for her wrongful death.

"American citizens attacked their own government. They used terrorism to try to stop a specific piece of democratic business they did not like.

Fellow Americans beat and bloodied our own police. They stormed the Senate floor. They tried to hunt down the Speaker of the House. They built a gallows and chanted about murdering the vice president.

They did this because they had been fed wild falsehoods by the most powerful man on Earth – because he was angry he'd lost an election.

Former President Trump's actions preceding the riot were a disgraceful dereliction of duty.

The House accused the former president of, quote, "incitement." That is a specific term from the criminal law.

Let me put that to the side for one moment and reiterate something I said weeks ago: There is no question that President Trump is practically and morally responsible for provoking the events of that day.

The people who stormed this building believed they were acting on the wishes and instructions of their president.
And their having that belief was a foreseeable consequence of the growing crescendo of false statements, conspiracy theories, and reckless hyperbole which the defeated president kept shouting into the largest megaphone on planet Earth.
"

You lied.

LOL

Aww, you poor thing. You're retarded. Now I understand why you write what you do.

No, moron, I didn't lie. I quoted the medical examiner...

Diaz declined to say whether Sicknick had any preexisting medical conditions, and noted that “all that transpired played a role in his condition,” referring to Sicknick’s confrontation with rioters.​

LOL

Aww, you poor thing. You're retarded. Now I understand why you write what you do.

No, moron, I didn't lie. I quoted the medical examiner...

Diaz declined to say whether Sicknick had any preexisting medical conditions, and noted that “all that transpired played a role in his condition,” referring to Sicknick’s confrontation with rioters.​
"The medical examiner marked Sicknick’s death as “natural,” and told the Washington Post Sicknick suffered from two strokes."

"Medical Examiner Francisco J. Diaz said in an interview with the Washington Post that Sicknick neither had an allergic reaction to a chemical irritant nor suffered any internal or external injuries."

Regarding the death of Sicknick: Well, whether the spray or the canister that hit him was contributory to his untimely death is probaly 'yet-to-be-determined'. The two criminal jackasses who heavily sprayed him with Bear Spray were identified, found, arrested, and convicted. Our public law enforcement and judicial system did all that. All good.

So then comes the private tort against the two defendants....or their insurance carriers. This cake is still baking. Tanios and Khater, and their families, and their houses and their assets are still at risk of being held accountable.....as contributing to Sicknick's injuries if not death.
Assault and battery? Contributory negligence?
In addition to their years in prison those criminal jackasses have more consequences coming down on them ........and their families.

"Jan. 6 rioter who admitted to spraying officer Brian Sicknick sentenced to more than 6 years in prison"

"Surveillance video shows Khater reaching inside Tanios' backpack and retrieving one of the canisters of chemical spray they had brought to Washington," the government pre-sentencing memo alleged, describing Khater as angry, emotional, and out of control.

After making his way to the front of the mob on the Capitol's lower west side, prosecutors say Khater aimed the pepper spray at a line of officers.

1.png

1707960056794.png

1.png

In the newsfeeds yesterday and this morning there is plenty of coverage of the prepared statement U.S. District Court judge read to the court at the time of sentencing another J6 attacker. Clearly, the judge had thought long and hard about his opinion, and his wording. It was, after all, a "prepared statement". Judges don't do that unless they have something they want to get off their chest. To set the record straight.

Personally, for me and my avatar, well......we both agree that we need more of our judiciary to come out and articulate their perspective on that terrible day for America, January 6th, 2021. We know many of them share Judge Lamberth's views, as we see it come through with the pretty stiff and damning sentences they've handed down to what I call the "J6 Jackasses".

It is welcome ...and needed.....pushback on the attempts to re-write our history by Don Trump, by his enablers, and his MAGA supporters. Hopefully, Judge Lamberth's published views will begin to right-the-ship on what really happened in that horrific attack on our uniformed police, our elected Representatives, our 'People's House - the Capitol, and upon the United States of America and our Constitution.

Here is one of the coverages this morning:

"US District Judge Royce Lamberth — whom conservative icon Ronald Reagan appointed to the federal bench in 1987 — gave an ominous warning Thursday about the threat historical revisionism surrounding the January 6 insurrection poses to democracy.

According to NBC News, Judge Lamberth read from a prepared statement during a resentencing hearing for a January 6 defendant that he was "shocked" by comments made by some elected officials (whom he did not name) that dismissed or downplayed the violent siege of the US Capitol in 2021. He further elaborated that those "preposterous" comments about the Capitol riot "could presage further danger to our country."

"The Court is accustomed to defendants who refuse to accept that they did anything wrong. But in my thirty-seven years on the bench, I cannot recall a time when such meritless justifications of criminal activity have gone mainstream," Lambert said.

"I have been dismayed to see distortions and outright falsehoods seep into the public consciousness," he continued. "I have been shocked to watch some public figures try to rewrite history, claiming rioters behaved 'in an orderly fashion' like ordinary tourists, or martyrizing convicted January 6 defendants as 'political prisoners' or even, incredibly, 'hostages.'"

Former President Donald Trump has referred to his supporters who ransacked the US Capitol and assaulted police officers as "hostages," which is also a term used by Rep. Elise Stefanik (R-New York), who chairs the House Republican Conference. NBC News' Ryan J. Reilly reported that Lamberth's comments about insurrectionists behaving "in an orderly fashion" is a reference to Rep. Andrew Clyde (R-Georgia), who likened Trump supporters who broke into the US Capitol and chanted "hang Mike Pence" to tourists. The Republican National Committee even passed a resolution a year after the attack calling the deadly riot that killed five police officers and injured hundreds of others "legitimate political discourse."

-------------------------------------------------------------

'Normalizing' the J6 behavior; 'mainstreaming' the idea that it was legitimate political discourse.....is clearly, as the judge articulates a danger to America and our way of life. No responsible American patriot can be proud of what we all saw on TV that terrible day for America.
So good on this judge and the other magistrates who have been brining the hammer down in their sentencing decisions. And good on the DOJ for their commitment to hunt down the hundreds who remain unidentified (for now) and undicted and un-arrested. May the statute of limitations on their criminal behavior be a long one. And may those yet unarrested perps be living a life of fear. Fear that that big black SUV is gonna pull into their driveway and FBI agents emerge ......with handcuffs.

ps....and may those same perps be fearful of the dedicated, tenacious, and committed efforts of the amateur hobbyists who work under the Sedition Hunter's umbrella.
I am the only member of USMB that has actually met Reagan. I love bragging about it all the time!!! :laugh:

Seriously though, i met him and Bush senior in the 80's and shook their hand. It was during the Reagan vs Carter campaign. I was like 8 or 9 years old.

I've seen quite a few conservatives, during this disaster, really struggle with what has happened to their party.
The GOP is better than ever. Now thanks to Trump, we are fighting to bring back the America that the Founding Fathers created.

"The medical examiner marked Sicknick’s death as “natural,” and told the Washington Post Sicknick suffered from two strokes."

"Medical Examiner Francisco J. Diaz said in an interview with the Washington Post that Sicknick neither had an allergic reaction to a chemical irritant nor suffered any internal or external injuries."

That doesn't refute he said J6 played a role in his having a stroke.

No, you as

Fake News
CarlinAnnArbor

----------------------------------------------

Good poster CAnnA employs a cartoon figure to allege that the reportage offered in the OP is "Fake News".....meaning it is a lie, false, an untruth.

?????
Why?

What is it specifically that poster CAnn is terming a lie?

We ask Carlin to explain himself.

Bear spray doesn't cause strokes.

OK, I dunno. So let's go with that. I ain't a physician.
But, if not 'causing'......could it be 'contributory'?

Is it a big stretch to realize that bear spray intentionally and forcefully sprayed in the face ain't a recommended health-food either? Can we all agree on that?

So then, maybe a personal-injury jury will be amenable to a Plaintiff's lawyer arguing that:

'BearSpray, in quantity, sprayed heavily and intensely' in the face of now deceased Officer Sicknick, the husband to the plaintiff and father to the plaintiff's children, ...was contributory to the medical emergency the Plaintiff's husband experienced. And contributory to his eventual death.

"But, we are not asking the jury to determine if it was manslaughter. That's not our role or the jury's role. That is a criminal matter beyond the scope of this trial. Rather, we are here to determine damages for the intentional infliction of harm to Officer Sicknick.

We are asking the jury to find that the two Defendants were responsible and liable for that intentional threat to the Officer's health, well-being, and perhaps survival. We ask the jury to award the deceased officer's family $20,000,000."

----------------------------------------

I offer the above imagined hypothetical as one way those two J6 Jackasses...and unfortunately, their families too......can be made to pay for their violent attack on Officer Sicknick.

$20,000,000 ----or whatever amount --- that can be wrung out of the Defendant's home equities, assets, families, insurance carriers, future earnings, etc.....will go a little way towards easing the loss these two jackasses contributed to.

IMO

I am the only member of USMB that has actually met Reagan. I love bragging about it all the time!!! :laugh:

Seriously though, i met him and Bush senior in the 80's and shook their hand. It was during the Reagan vs Carter campaign. I was like 8 or 9 years old.
I also met him at about the exact same age!

Forum List

Back