Zone1 This Kind of Preaching Is Exactly Why I Left The Church

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
Let me just start off by saying here it's why I stopped going to church,.. not why I stopped being a Christian. Sure I believe that God won't put up with sin, (like homosexuality) but if you argue with the fact that God isn't full of love or that you should be afraid of Him (as what I do believe He's saying here) it really makes me mad. :mad:

Let me just start off by saying here it's why I stopped going to church,.. not why I stopped being a Christian. Sure I believe that God won't put up with sin, (like homosexuality) but if you argue with the fact that God isn't full of love or that you should be afraid of Him (as what I do believe He's saying here) it really makes me mad. :mad:

You don't need the church to find Jesus. He'll welcome you as long as you accept him in your heart.

You don't need the church to find Jesus. He'll welcome you as long as you accept him in your heart.

Exactly and I should say that I left my first church for such horrible preaching,.. the second one,.. personal changes I don't like and I say at the end of the day a church is a building so unless I find a good one,.. the rest of the world can be my church as God is everywhere not just in one building. :)

Exactly and I should say that I left my first church for such horrible preaching,.. the second one,.. personal changes I don't like and I say at the end of the day a church is a building so unless I find a good one,.. the rest of the world can be my church as God is everywhere not just in one building. :)
In My opinion, and it is ONLY My opinion, the church is dogma to further the leaders of the church's control over the flock.

Don't get Me wrong, there are preachers, pastors, and fathers; who truly believe and love those they tend to. But they are forced to follow the dogma.

I have My own understanding of God, Jesus, and how it all fits into the tangible world in which we exist.

FJB said:
but I don't always agree with his evangelizing methods as I already put in my OP

How so? I'll go back and check but i didn't catch what it is about his method you don't like.

How so? I'll go back and check but i didn't catch what it is about his method you don't like.

He said something about how God isn't the kind of God you can snuggle up to or something and teaching him to be afraid of God instead. It's one thing to respect God and stop sinning, but God shouldn't be feared. He loves us and He always comforts me whenever nobody else is around. He's my best friend. :)

In My opinion, and it is ONLY My opinion, the church is dogma to further the leaders of the church's control over the flock.

Don't get Me wrong, there are preachers, pastors, and fathers; who truly believe and love those they tend to. But they are forced to follow the dogma.

I have My own understanding of God, Jesus, and how it all fits into the tangible world in which we exist.
I hear all this stuff about 'control' people are supposed to have. As a pro-lifer, I hear that my real motive is to 'control' women. What a ridiculous notion! How is that 'control' supposed to manifest itself for me? Do I get a harem? Haven't seen one yet.

And as for the Catholic Church having 'control' over me, what does that mean? I have free will to do what I want. But I use RCC teaching as my guideline on how to live because every single one of their teachings as to how you conduct yourself makes 100% perfect sense to me. But it wasn't always that way. I have had to evolve to see some of the less obvious teachings of the Church. And that is why I think people are ill-equipped to arrive at what is right on their own. Most people who aren't affiliated with a church, IMHO, use that as an excuse to do whatever they feel like doing and what is easiest without really thinking hard about it.

I hear all this stuff about 'control' people are supposed to have. As a pro-lifer, I hear that my real motive is to 'control' women. What a ridiculous notion! How is that 'control' supposed to manifest itself for me? Do I get a harem? Haven't seen one yet.

And as for the Catholic Church having 'control' over me, what does that mean? I have free will to do what I want. But I use RCC teaching as my guideline on how to live because every single one of their teachings as to how you conduct yourself makes 100% perfect sense to me.
You misunderstood.

Read it again. When I speak of control, I speak of the church's control over their pastors, fathers, and preachersa.

So you are mad at the actual doctrine found to exist in the Holy Scriptures and quit because that was the message being preached? Because God is the God of love does not prohibit hate from existing.........there are sins that are deserving of hate, hate so severe its called an abomination to the same God you claim can not hate. (Prov. 6:16-19) God hated the perverted acts of Homosexuality so greatly that He destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah (Genesis 18,19)

Next you claim you quit church because it propagated hate........then you end your message by declaring it MAKES YOU REALLY MAD? Mad = Anger.......Anger = one of the supposed deadly sins. (which really never existed in the actual word of God)

But of course everyone can hate and become angered without losing their Christianity. Jesus called the Jewish Leaders vipers and hypocrites, (Matt. 23:33) He became so angered because He hated seeing the Temple being used as a place of business by the money changers, He turned their tables full of money and merchandise over(Matt. 21:12)

In fact it is proclaimed throughout the Holy Scriptures that the beginning of Wisdom comes from Fearing God. Example Prov. 9:10

Is it "wise" to leave church because The entire Word of God is being preached and you hate some portions of that word? God's word is sharper than any 2 edged sword. (Heb. 4:12)

We are to allow the Word in its entirety to mold our character........we don't attempt to mold the word of God around our own personal character.

I guess as a Catholic, I don't understand the notion of leaving the church because I don't like the way some priest preaches. It's the teachings of the Church that draw me, not some personality.

Mashmont said:
But I use RCC teaching as my guideline on how to live because every single one of their teachings as to how you conduct yourself makes 100% perfect sense to me

I am not catholic but we have catholic family members. To what are you referring when you say, RCC teaching as my guideline....what is that specifically?

So you are mad at the actual doctrine found to exist in the Holy Scriptures and quit because that was the message being preached? Because God is the God of love does not prohibit hate from existing.........there are sins that are deserving of hate, hate so severe its called an abomination to the same God you claim can not hate. (Prov. 6:16-19) God hated the perverted acts of Homosexuality so greatly that He had Sodom and Gomorrah (Genesis 18,19)

Next you claim you quit church because it propagated hate........then you end your message by declaring it MAKES YOU REALLY MAD? Mad = Anger.......Anger = one of the supposed deadly sins.

But of course everyone can hate and become angered without losing their Christianity. Jesus called the Jewish Leaders vipers and hypocrites, (Matt. 23:33) He became so angered because He hated seeing the Temple being used as a place of business by the money changers (Matt. 21:12)

In fact it is proclaimed throughout the Holy Scriptures that the beginning of Wisdom comes from Fearing God. Example Prov. 9:10

Is it "wise" to leave church because The entire Word of God is being preached and you hate some portions of that word? God's word is sharper than any 2 edged sword. (Heb. 4:12)

We are to allow the Word in its entirety to mold our character........we don't attempt to mold the word of God around our own personal character.

I don't know where you're getting all of this from, but you probably should read through the posts in this thread again.

Btw, I really am more of a one with nature kind of gal anyways. Sometimes I think enjoying the beauty of God's creation of nature and actually going out there and experiencing it is somewhat better than sitting in a pew for an hour anyways. As whenever I go out for a nature hike or to the beach I feel close to God's presence and the closest I feel to Him than currently anywhere else I go.

I don't think i could snuggle up to God. And frankly sometimes it scares me how i pray. This is a holy, ancient, eternal, living God and when he returns...he will not be a loving God for a fallen world. He will be a judge and a Conqueror.

I don't think i could snuggle up to God. And frankly sometimes it scares me how i pray. This is a holy, ancient, eternal, living God and when he returns...he will not be a loving God for a fallen world. He will be a judge and a Conqueror.

Yet He still loves us all otherwise He wouldn't have died for us and for those who are in Him we don't have anything to worry about. God wants people to come to Him because you can bet that He wants to snuggle up to each and every one of us. The problem is that sin is what prevents Him from doing that ninety-nine point nine percent of the time. So in other words, it's not His fault, it's ours. Believe me, I know this stuff as I've heard Him tell me this before Himself. (although He used a wall as an analogy for this) I'm spiritually gifted. It's your choice whether or not you want to believe it though.

Btw, I really am more of a one with nature kind of gal anyways. Sometimes I think enjoying the beauty of God's creation of nature and actually going out there and experiencing it is somewhat better than sitting in a pew for an hour anyways. As whenever I go out for a nature hike or to the beach I feel close to God's presence and the closest I feel to Him than currently anywhere else I go.
Life is about a lot more than sitting and looking up at the stars. There is the messy work of dealing with people. Not everything that is right is obvious. For that, you need a church's guidance.

Forum List

Back