This is you ignorant progressives

Status
Not open for further replies.
One should know to not bother condemning any Trump position because he's likely to take the opposite position tomorrow.

That said, its sad to see her take this position.

One should know to not bother condemning any Trump position because he's likely to take the opposite position tomorrow.

It was predictable....anything anti Trump for the progtards.

Pathetic

Can any of you left loons tell me one thing the democrat controlled Congress has accomplished since 2018 besides chase Trump's tail?

Ignorant losers

Indeed typical.
Last year HER VERY OWN WORDS when campaigning was to bring home troops is Syria and throughout the Middle East as the only way to stop the "endless wars" that she is convinced we start.
Fast forward LESS THAN ONE YEAR...and Trump issues an order to withdraw troops away from fighting...and suddenly AOC is against it.
And THAT is when a politician shows their true colors,

AOC isn't the only person that thinks this is a bad idea, many in the Republican party (including McConnell) think the withdrawl is a bad idea.

"This to me is just unnerving to its core": GOP allies blast Trump's Syria withdrawal decision

• Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (Ky.): "A precipitous withdrawal of U.S. forces from Syria would only benefit Russia, Iran, and the Assad regime. And it would increase the risk that ISIS and other terrorist groups regroup. ... American interests are best served by leadership, not by retreat or withdrawal," he wrote in a statement.
  • Sen. Lindsey Graham (S.C.): "This impulsive decision by the president has undone all the gains we've made, thrown the region into further chaos. ... I hope I'm making myself clear how shortsighted and irresponsible this decision is in my view. ... This to me is just unnerving to its core," he told "Fox & Friends."
  • Sen. Mitt Romney (Utah): "The President’s decision to abandon our Kurd allies in the face of an assault by Turkey is a betrayal. It says that America is an unreliable ally; it facilitates ISIS resurgence; and it presages another humanitarian disaster," he tweeted.
  • Sen. Marco Rubio (Fla.): He called the decision "a grave mistake that will have implications far beyond Syria."
  • House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (Calif.): "I want to make sure we keep our word for those who fight with us and help us. If you make a commitment and somebody is fighting with you, America should keep their word," he told "Fox & Friends." Host Brian Kilmeade urged McCarthy to "call the president before it's too late."
  • Former UN Ambassador Nikki Haley: "We must always have the backs of our allies, if we expect them to have our back. The Kurds were instrumental in our successful fight against ISIS in Syria. Leaving them to die is a big mistake," she tweeted.
  • Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee: "I generally support @POTUS on foreign policy & don't want our troops fighting other nations' wars, but a HUGE mistake to abandon Kurds. They've never asked us to do THEIR fighting — just give them tools to defend themselves. They have been faithful allies. We CANNOT abandon them," he tweeted.
  • GOP House Conference Chair Liz Cheney (Wyo.): She called the decision "a catastrophic mistake," adding, "This decision ignores lesson of 9/11. Terrorists thousands of miles away can and will use their safe-havens to launch attacks against America."
  • Former Islamic State envoy Brett McGurk: "Donald Trump is not a Commander-in-Chief. He makes impulsive decisions with no knowledge or deliberation. He sends military personnel into harm’s way with no backing. He blusters and then leaves our allies exposed when adversaries call his bluff or he confronts a hard phone call," he tweeted.

Indeed typical.
Last year HER VERY OWN WORDS when campaigning was to bring home troops is Syria and throughout the Middle East as the only way to stop the "endless wars" that she is convinced we start.
Fast forward LESS THAN ONE YEAR...and Trump issues an order to withdraw troops away from fighting...and suddenly AOC is against it.
And THAT is when a politician shows their true colors,

This will be difficult for the left to defend.

A quandary.....lol

AOC isn't the only person that thinks this is a bad idea, many in the Republican party (including McConnell) think the withdrawl is a bad idea.

"This to me is just unnerving to its core": GOP allies blast Trump's Syria withdrawal decision

• Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (Ky.): "A precipitous withdrawal of U.S. forces from Syria would only benefit Russia, Iran, and the Assad regime. And it would increase the risk that ISIS and other terrorist groups regroup. ... American interests are best served by leadership, not by retreat or withdrawal," he wrote in a statement.
  • Sen. Lindsey Graham (S.C.): "This impulsive decision by the president has undone all the gains we've made, thrown the region into further chaos. ... I hope I'm making myself clear how shortsighted and irresponsible this decision is in my view. ... This to me is just unnerving to its core," he told "Fox & Friends."
  • Sen. Mitt Romney (Utah): "The President’s decision to abandon our Kurd allies in the face of an assault by Turkey is a betrayal. It says that America is an unreliable ally; it facilitates ISIS resurgence; and it presages another humanitarian disaster," he tweeted.
  • Sen. Marco Rubio (Fla.): He called the decision "a grave mistake that will have implications far beyond Syria."
  • House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (Calif.): "I want to make sure we keep our word for those who fight with us and help us. If you make a commitment and somebody is fighting with you, America should keep their word," he told "Fox & Friends." Host Brian Kilmeade urged McCarthy to "call the president before it's too late."
  • Former UN Ambassador Nikki Haley: "We must always have the backs of our allies, if we expect them to have our back. The Kurds were instrumental in our successful fight against ISIS in Syria. Leaving them to die is a big mistake," she tweeted.
  • Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee: "I generally support @POTUS on foreign policy & don't want our troops fighting other nations' wars, but a HUGE mistake to abandon Kurds. They've never asked us to do THEIR fighting — just give them tools to defend themselves. They have been faithful allies. We CANNOT abandon them," he tweeted.
  • GOP House Conference Chair Liz Cheney (Wyo.): She called the decision "a catastrophic mistake," adding, "This decision ignores lesson of 9/11. Terrorists thousands of miles away can and will use their safe-havens to launch attacks against America."
  • Former Islamic State envoy Brett McGurk: "Donald Trump is not a Commander-in-Chief. He makes impulsive decisions with no knowledge or deliberation. He sends military personnel into harm’s way with no backing. He blusters and then leaves our allies exposed when adversaries call his bluff or he confronts a hard phone call," he tweeted.

Address Occasional Kotex hypocrisy or get lost.

I don't think the OP's point was whether this is right or wrong.
Only in that AOC and every single progressive on the planet is deeeeply for withdrawing troops period...and especially to avoid conflict. Exactly like she specifically said about withdrawing from Syria less than a year ago...except if Trump does it...and then the imperial rule comes to play - Orange man bad. Orange man always wrong.

Only in that AOC and every single progressive on the planet is deeeeply for withdrawing troops period...and especially to avoid conflict. Exactly like she specifically said about withdrawing from Syria less than a year ago...except if Trump does it...and then the imperial rule comes to play - Orange man bad. Orange man always wrong.

We have a winner!!!!!!

No, actually I think his decision was a good one. Our mission was done, and if terrorist try to get crazy. Send a drone over and kill them. No troops die and the terrorist are still put in their place.

Trump could cure cancer and you idiot loons would suddenly love cancer. Just stop. It's old and worn out.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Learns to Love War: Blasts Trump's Syria Withdrawal | Breitbart

Personally I believe Trump is wrong on this issue and I agree with Senate Republicans.

This has to do with the possibility that the Kurdish fighters that have been helping us in Syria and Iraq could be genocide by the Turkish military and if so then Trump should have never moved our troops and told Turkey no.

In the end I know you will disagree with me but let me be very clear I am for defending the Kurds because the Turks will slaughter them...

Trump could cure cancer and you idiot loons would suddenly love cancer. Just stop. It's old and worn out.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Learns to Love War: Blasts Trump's Syria Withdrawal | Breitbart

You think this is new?

Every administration since George H. has faced unyielding opposition. Remember the republicans saying they wouldn't pass anything Obama put forward? Remember the hatred spewed at George W.? Remember the animosity towards Bill Clinton?

The difference is how the president reacted. We are becoming more and more hostile. Fewer and fewer people are accepting that people of different viewpoints can maintain a civil discourse and even be friends.

If anyone has been paying attention to the way things are going over there, they would understand that pulling out our troops would 1) endanger the Kurds who would then be open to attack from the Turks, and 2) would let ISIL reform and try to start up their caliphate again. Unfortunately, we can't pull out right now.

And, it's not just me that thinks that. There are lots of politicians on both sides of the aisle that think it's a bad idea, and pretty much for the same reasons I stated.

Maybe AOC finally understands this, which might be why she has changed her tune.

Personally I believe Trump is wrong on this issue and I agree with Senate Republicans.

This has to do with the possibility that the Kurdish fighters that have been helping us in Syria and Iraq could be genocide by the Turkish military and if so then Trump should have never moved our troops and told Turkey no.

In the end I know you will disagree with me but let me be very clear I am for defending the Kurds because the Turks will slaughter them...

Actually I don't agree with Trump. I admire the Kurds.

But my point is these assholes will switch stances in a New York minute because Orange Man bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back