This is why they are BANNING black history in schools..

The public educational trend that bothers me (that I have seen) is the move toward less or no textbooks issued

No, that is not a good idea; I'm sure the schools think this is greener than textbooks, but too much reading and study online is proven bad for the eyes, especially young, growing eyes, and it is important to have a physical book to hold and read and to learn from, write in and handle for many reasons.

In the twenty-first century, we must move beyond memes to the truth. Some believe it is unfair how whites get portrayed in modern teachings. Unfair is revising history to leave out the factual record. Teaching our children the mistakes we made should not mean we are teaching them to dislike whites or being white. I and generations of other blacks endured the annual K-12 section of history about black slavery, and it did not make me hate being black. In recent years we have seen a consistent well-funded, politically supported movement by the right-wing to enforce gaslighting as a way of educating today’s students. In this movement, anything that negatively shows whites must be censored. Meanwhile, whites on the right teach their children racist beliefs at home.

When I got to college, I found a place in the university library with information on the history and accomplishments of nonwhite people. I missed so much knowledge because of what was not taught to me that it made me angry. Anger is the outcome when people of color are shown their accomplishments get canceled to learn CWST. The continued teaching of CWST by force will make things worse.

This is why they are BANNING black history in schools..

Don't talk the standard dumb rhetoric. July 4th, 1776 was in the past too.

The english banned welsh hisory and the welsh language in schools. Only this year has welsh history been taught in schools.

Colonisers always control the narrative.

• Winner
Reactions: IM2
Republicans authored an amendment to officially make slavery a constitutionally protected activity. The Republican Party is the party of The Corwin Amendment that would have cemented slavery as a constitutional right.

A Republican president, with the support of the Republican Party, ended reconstruction. The Republican Party is the party of the 1877 Compromise that ended reconstruction and paved the way for Jim Crow.

Once blacks got a foothold in the Republican party and gained some semblance of political equality, white Republicans took steps to purge blacks from leadership positions. The Republican Party is the party of the Lily White movement, a group of Republicans who worked to purge blacks from the party.

Republicans consistently broke promises or ignored issues that affected black people. When blacks got Civil Rights, the Republican Party did not believe that was civil or right and decided that extremism in defense of liberty was no vice. In 1964 the Republican Party turned its back on blacks after nearly 100 years of black support.

Today’s Republican Party is controlled by a racist Anti-Black base.

Yes we do.
Wrong

No, that is not a good idea; I'm sure the schools think this is greener than textbooks, but too much reading and study online is proven bad for the eyes, especially young, growing eyes, and it is important to have a physical book to hold and read and to learn from, write in and handle for many reasons.
I used to look through my kids school books near the beginning of the years, just as my dad did, paying attention to math, science and history. The book is the book and either has info appropriate to grade and subject or not, and does not change during the year. Dad helped me and my brothers with math, of course that was before "new math" which he didn't like and showed us the way it was done, the old way, the easier way, which meant I got the right answers but piss off teachers all the way through Algebra II. I had to help my granddaughter with Algebra during Covid and Geometry last year, but no book. Luckily, my college text book with notebooks were in the attic, or I would have be useless.

Also kids are smart enough to switch to e.g. Tik Tok sites, in between their supposed on-line study-times.

What I said is 100 percent correct and supported by documentation.

1. Arthur Zilversmit, Lincoln and the Problem of Race: A Decade of Interpretations, Journal of the Abraham Lincoln Association, Volume 2, Issue 1, 1980, pp. 22-45, U-M Library Digital Collections j/jala/2629860.0002.104?view=text;rgn=main
2. Henry Louis Gates Jr., Did Lincoln Want to Ship Black People Back to Africa? https://www.theroot.com/did-lincoln-want-to-ship-black people-back-to-africa-1790858389
3. The Corwin Amendment, The Able Doctor, or America Swallowing the Bitter Draught - The Heritage Post corwin-amendment/
4. Robert Longley, The Corwin Amendment, Enslavement, and Abraham Lincoln, Updated July 24, 2019, How the Corwin Amendment of 1861 Would Have Protected Enslavement
5.The Reconstruction Act, American Historama: United States History for kids *** 1881-reconstruction-era/reconstruction-acts-1867.htm
6. Louis Kleber, The Presidential Election of 1876, History Today Volume 20 Issue 11 November 1970, https://www.historytoday.com/archive/feature/presidentialelection-1876
7. The Compromise of 1877, Khan Academy | Free Online Courses, Lessons & Practice humanities/us-history/civil-war-era/reconstruction/a/ compromise-of-1877
8. Jeff Charles, Lily-White Movement: Why Black Americans Left The GOP, Liberty Nation News, April 02, 2021, Liberty Nation
9. Lily-white movement, American History USA white-movement/
10. Tsahai Tafari, The Rise and Fall of Jim Crow, THIRTEEN - New York Public Media wnet/jimcrow/print/p_struggle_president.html
11. HR. 7152, Senate vote on the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Jun 19, 1964 HR. 7152. PASSAGE. -- Senate Vote #409 -- Jun 19, 1964
12. H.R. 7152. Civil Rights Act of 1964. Adoption of a resolution (h. Res. 789) providing for house approval of the bill as amended by the Senate, Jul 2, 1964 https://www.govtrack.us/congress/votes/88- 1964/h182.
13. TO PASS S. 1564, The Voting Rights Act Of 1965, May 26, 1965, TO PASS S. 1564, THE VOTING RIGHTS ACT OF 1965. -- Senate Vote #78 -- May 26, 1965 . 22. TO PASS H.R. 6400,
14. The 1965 Voting Rights Act, Jul 9, 1965, TO PASS H.R. 6400, THE 1965 VOTING RIGHTS ACT. -- House Vote #87 -- Jul 9, 1965 . 15. 116TH CONGRESS, 1ST SESSION, Roll Call 654, Bill Number: H. R. 4, Voting Rights Advancement Act, DEC 06, 2019, Roll Call 654 Roll Call 654, Bill Number: H. R. 4, 116th Congress, 1st Session
16. Josh Israel, Every Senate Republican just voted against voting rights — again, American Independent, January 20, 2022, Every Senate Republican just voted against voting rights — again ncement-act-freedom-to-vote-act/

I don't know much about this book, but the Foreword is by Oprah Winfrey. Oprah is very far left so if she's endorsing the book I can rest assured that it's probably anti-white in some way, shape, or manner.

The fact of the matter is that we ALL have "a hill to climb" regardless of race. But I'm sure the book features victimhood and blames whites for the failures and shortcomings of blacks. Nothing new!!!
Nothing like having a person state "I don't know much about this book" and then go on to assert "But I'm sure the book features victimhood and blames whites for the failures and shortcomings of blacks"

What about your own shortcomings, just in this one response?

• Brilliant
Reactions: IM2
Nothing like having a person state "I don't know much about this book" and then go on to assert "But I'm sure the book features victimhood and blames whites for the failures and shortcomings of blacks"

What about your own shortcomings, just in this one response?
It's called deductive reasoning. If a man who's been dedicated to carpentry all of his life writes a book, there's a good chance that the book will be about carpentry or be heavily influenced by it. When you have a race baiting leftist like Oprah endorsing a book, knowing what her ideology is, then there's a good chance that most traditional and patriotic Americans will be turned off by it.

Oprah is a friggin' hypocrite. While she blames whites for all the shortcomings of the blacks in America, she lives a life of luxury mostly funded by the whites who've supported her over the years.

You know good and well what's going on. I don't say things like this just to say them. Every anti CRT law that is being made and passed is about banning the teaching of black history or anything else that does not make whites feel comfortable.

Black history is not the same as CRT.

In no other region or period of history did they say, while maintaining slavery, that "all men are born equal.
The hypocrisy is disgusting.
While almost the entire rest of the world still lived under a feudal/tyrant type system where the majority were mere peasants, had few rights & were not considered equal. They were all practically slaves to Lords, strongmen & tyrants.

The US changed that around the world.

Like I said, context

Black history is not the same as CRT.
I do know what CRT actually is. I read the book. I have the book. Whats being banned and called CRT is black history and any honest topic pertaining to race relations.

While almost the entire rest of the world still lived under a feudal/tyrant type system where the majority were mere peasants, had few rights & were not considered equal. They were all practically slaves to Lords, strongmen & tyrants.

The US changed that around the world.

Like I said, context
There is no excuse. Every society has had terrorism and wars but we don't see people making excuses when people talk about stopping those things.

In fact ... they're nearly polar opposites. Black history spans way beyond just their life in America a couple of hundred years ago.
In fact, black history has always been censored. That's why morons like you run around thinking that Africa was nothing but a continent of nake backwards savages before the white man showed up.

In fact, black history has always been censored. That's why morons like you run around thinking that Africa was nothing but a continent of nake backwards savages before the white man showed up.
Was it censored 500 years ago or a thousand years ago? Whose job is it to maintain an accurate account of "black history?" Whites? Asians? Hispanics? Arabs? Or perhaps, should blacks be responsible for maintaining their own history?

And how do you know black history as been censored? What portion of it was censored, and please explain how this took place? Let's see if you, yourself, are or are not a moron.

Was it censored 500 years ago or a thousand years ago? Whose job is it to maintain an accurate account of "black history?" Whites? Asians? Hispanics? Arabs? Or perhaps, should blacks be responsible for maintaining their own history?

And how do you know black history as been censored? What portion of it was censored, and please explain how this took place? Let's see if you, yourself, are or are not a moron.
Stupid question. It's been censored in American education. Records exist. Now shut up.

Forum List

Back