This is why I can't believe that Democrats are going to survive "Red Wave"

People are also upset about abortion rights, Trump’s scandals etc. I don’t think that foreign policy is that much of an issue but I think inflation is.
Foreign policy affects inflation. That's one of the main reasons we've had alot of it lately. A Chinese pandemic was no help and has become the excuse. Foreign policy AGAIN.

Maybe a significant portion of that 74% think that conservatives are the reason the country is going on the wrong track.
6oha7r.jpg

Foreign policy affects inflation. That's one of the main reasons we've had alot of it lately. A Chinese pandemic was no help and has become the excuse. Foreign policy AGAIN.
People don’t tend to view it that way, and Afghanistan is not affecting inflation. I think despite the fact that it is a worldwide issue, people will see it as a domestic issue.

I don't think that's a general issue ----

A few young women may be interested. Especially black women, but maybe not the sort that vote.

Anecdotally, I'd say that my wife and her friends were upset by the issue, but it isn't trumping their dissatisfaction with the things that Biden and the Democrats are focused on yet.

The whole abortion ruling and the way the right is punching people down is affecting their decisions.

I don't think the people are nearly as anti-life and hot to trot for abortion as liberal contend.

I could be wrong, of course.

But even if you assume that, there is nothing Congress can do about Abortion one way or another now legally. The Hobbs Decision turned the matter over to the states, so it should not affect House or Senate races in any way.

What makes Republicans think they have no responsibility for heading in the wrong direction?

The GOP isn't in power, the libs are.

Elections have consequences, and if they are dissatisfied with the current regime, change would be the way to go.

Tell you what Sport......Mention that to the woman trying to feed her family when she comes out of the grocery store and see what she says.

That's the thing with leftists.....They always try to deflect from the troubles that they cause and never take responsibility for anything.

People don’t tend to view it that way, and Afghanistan is not affecting inflation. I think despite the fact that it is a worldwide issue, people will see it as a domestic issue.
Afghanistan was the turning point in Biden tenure where even his followers realize they elected a lemon. It was more of a catalyst than anything else and it was not responsible for the majority of inflation since then... But it was definitely a start. The pandemic perpetuated the trend, and the situation in Ukraine brought it to its apex....so far.

One of the biggest problems is simply that the corporations are all copying each other by jacking up prices and making up bogus or exaggerated stories as to why it has to happen. And the Biden administration is perfectly okay with that because they get kickbacks. That's what it's all about. Only now that the administration's popularity is at an all-time low are they actually doing something to lower some prices. That is simply to redeem what they can of this fallacy of a presidency.

What makes Republicans think they have no responsibility for heading in the wrong direction?

So, there's one issue (abortion) that the Republicans are responsible for, but all the rest have to do with things the Democrats have caused and that indicates that the Democrats are going to survive with their hold on power intact in 2022?

So, there's on issue (abortion) that the Republicans are responsible for, but all the rest have to do with things the Democrats have caused and that indicates that the Democrats are going to survive with their hold on power intact in 2022?

The Republicans aren't "responsible " for the current state of abortion law at all.

The courts ruled it was part of the Constitution that the issue belongs to the states.

So the issue will affect state races- depending on whether the people of a particular state are pro or anti-life.

74% of Americans think the nation is on the wrong track.

"The poll also shows a dissatisfied public, with three-quarters of voters saying the county is headed in the wrong direction, a record 58% who say that America’s best years are behind it and 61% who say they’re willing to carry a protest sign for a day because they’re so upset."

Don't underestimate the unpopularity of Trump, the GOP, and SCOTUS. In the article:
For one thing, Democrats have closed the enthusiasm gap.​
According to the survey, 68% of Republicans express a high level of interest in the upcoming election — registering either a “9” or “10” on a 10-point scale — versus 66% for Democrats.​
That 2-point GOP advantage is down from 17 points in March and 8 points in May.​
The pollsters who conducted the survey attribute the increased Democratic enthusiasm to the June Supreme Court decision overturning Roe v. Wade.​
“The Supreme Court ruling has shaken up the electorate,” said Horwitt, the Democratic pollster.​

74% of Americans think the nation is on the wrong track.

"The poll also shows a dissatisfied public, with three-quarters of voters saying the county is headed in the wrong direction, a record 58% who say that America’s best years are behind it and 61% who say they’re willing to carry a protest sign for a day because they’re so upset."

Its a bit early yet. The bulk of the campaign will not get real serious until after Labor Day.

People are hurting, prices are astronomical and the economy is slowing, housing tanking, 50% of employers anticipate cutting staff...

Abortion and Trump won't save the demoquacks
Indeed......What with the renewed dem/msm TDS over the MAL raid "mah abortion" has pretty much dropped off the MSM radar.....They are too busy falling over each other hunting a "unnamed source" for the next DOJ leak.

The Republicans aren't "responsible " for the current state of abortion law at all.

The courts ruled it was part of the Constitution that the issue belongs to the states.

So the issue will affect state races- depending on whether the people of a particular state are pro or anti-life.
I was pointing out to rightwinger that the one issue that breaks against Republicans won't be enough to save the Democrats. If my wording was awkward, I apologize.

Except a number of GOP in Congress have called for a Federal ban on abortion. Responsible or not, the GOP has taken ownership in the eyes of Americans.

Don't underestimate the unpopularity of Trump, the GOP, and SCOTUS. In the article:
For one thing, Democrats have closed the enthusiasm gap.​
According to the survey, 68% of Republicans express a high level of interest in the upcoming election — registering either a “9” or “10” on a 10-point scale — versus 66% for Democrats.​
That 2-point GOP advantage is down from 17 points in March and 8 points in May.​
The pollsters who conducted the survey attribute the increased Democratic enthusiasm to the June Supreme Court decision overturning Roe v. Wade.​
“The Supreme Court ruling has shaken up the electorate,” said Horwitt, the Democratic pollster.​

I acknowledge that, but I still think the 74% disapproval rating is going to be the determining factor and it's getting late for Democrats to get that turned around.

Forum List

Back