This is what atheist believe? Atheist believe that nothing created everything

View attachment 503327

From the Black Death and AIDS to COVID-19, whenever societies have suffered outbreaks of disease, there have always been those who are quick to seek both religious explanations and solutions. A recent poll of religious Americans found that around two-thirds believe that COVID-19 has been sent by God, as a warning to mankind.

Those gods. They're such kidders.
Do you believe the chinese who say they dont know nothin’ bout nuthin’ when it comes to the wuflu?

If it did come from a china bio warfare research lab then humans are fulfilling Bible prophesy about the End Times

God didnt have to do a thing
I thought I would address the greater danger I see with “endtimes” predictions. That being, there may be a certain “rush to the exits”, so to speak whereby practitioners will create the conditions within which the endtimes become a self fulfilling prophesy.

Therein lays the danger. The self-fulfilling prophecy does not allow for options. From the fundamentalist Christian perspective, humans are inherently greedy, evil, base, etc. That is a self-fulfilling component of the ideology, although, given that fact that we continue to survive, (in spite of the religions proscriptions), it is not empirically true. So the question becomes: because it is not true -- what purpose does a religious endtimes serve? Is it superfluous and damaging? Yes, of course it is. Assuming such beliefs are furthered due to the influence of religion, is such thinking worth the price is extracts on humankind
Christians have little control over the major events and cultural changes that are propelling us toward the End Times
You're hoping for that little slice of heaven. eh?

Too bad christians are helpless and ineffective. You're going to flail your Pom Poms for the endtimes and be slaughtered for the ascendancy of different gods?
I have no control over the End Times

Its an unstoppable force being propelled by godless libs rather than Christians

That's the problem with the Endtimers. They want to see people die in horrible ways to satiate some really twisted view of their gods returning to punish humanity, punishment for fruit theft for example. . I’d prefer that people operate under the precepts of reason and rationality as opposed to religious fanatics who have a death wish geared toward heralding in the endtimes.

Unfortunately, sociopaths posing as religious Endtimers have a long history of making predictions about the Endtimes in one firm or another. They prey upon the fears and ignorance of those they can manipulate with disasterous consequences for the fearful and the gullible.

Unfortunately, sociopaths posing as religious Endtimers have a long history of making predictions about the Endtimes in one firm or another.
If you choose not to believe in End Times whats the problem?

Do you think believers (what you call religious fanatics) have the power to summon plagues on mankind that foretell the end of the Church Age and the 2nd Coming?

Unfortunately, sociopaths posing as religious Endtimers have a long history of making predictions about the Endtimes in one firm or another.
If you choose not to believe in End Times whats the problem?

Do you think believers (what you call religious fanatics) have the power to summon plagues on mankind that foretell the end of the Church Age and the 2nd Coming?
The problem is, as I noted before, ''practitioners will create the conditions within which the endtimes become a self fulfilling prophesy.''

We grownups in positions of power, not Death Cultists who vision is the world coming to a catastrophic end where various gods slaughter mankind.

problem is, as I noted before, ''practitioners will create the conditions within which the endtimes become a self fulfilling prophesy.''
Dont blame liberal screwups on Christians

Godless libs run the world and they are responsible for fulfilling Bible prophesy

Interestingly, prior to antiquity,
The team found that for the Neanderthals, competition with H. sapiens was also a factor, but that even without the presence of our species the effect of climate change alone may have been enough to lead to extinction. Even species with the ability to control their local environment – such as by wearing clothes or creating fires – were susceptible to the effects of climate change, says Raia.
So, unsurprisingly, climate change played a big role in the survival of our related and prior species. But I don't think we've considered the sort of "competition" mentioned above very much. To some degree our instinctive "fight or flight" fear of, will to dominate, and bigotry toward apparent "others" must result or persist. It wasn't like the Olympics. Our ancestral species didn't "compete" with previous versions for trophies. Each killed the others off with a vengeance despite many of us now having some Neanderthal DNA. Many females were likely captured and enslaved, producing lots of mixed offspring before eventually dying out.
Scientists have sequenced Neanderthal and Denisovan genomes from fossils discovered in Europe and Asia. This genetic information is helping researchers learn more about these early humans. Determining which areas of the genome are shared with archaic humans, and which areas are different, will also help researchers find out what differentiates modern humans from our closest extinct relatives.
I guessed you missed that tidbit about they went extinct because it got cold. :rolleyes:

More room for you with less heathens suggests a place with some confinements.
It suggests you have no sense of humor.

Mac, Mac, please..... You're killin' me! Whoosh, that went right over her offended little girl head.

White men are the problem.jpg

More room for you with less heathens suggests a place with some confinements.
It suggests you have no sense of humor.

Mac, Mac, please..... You're killin' me! Whoosh, that went right over her offended little girl head.

View attachment 504051
Mac, Mac, please.....

Godless libs run the world and they are responsible for fulfilling Bible prophesy
in fact what truly ties the crucifiers together is the admiration they have for the book they wrote and its concluding scene they inadvertently wrote as their own epithet ... when they are brought to justice for their 1st century crime.

The team found that for the Neanderthals, competition with H. sapiens was also a factor, but that even without the presence of our species the effect of climate change alone may have been enough to lead to extinction. Even species with the ability to control their local environment – such as by wearing clothes or creating fires – were susceptible to the effects of climate change, says Raia.
So, unsurprisingly, climate change played a big role in the survival of our related and prior species. But I don't think we've considered the sort of "competition" mentioned above very much. To some degree our instinctive "fight or flight" fear of, will to dominate, and bigotry toward apparent "others" must result or persist. It wasn't like the Olympics. Our ancestral species didn't "compete" with previous versions for trophies. Each killed the others off with a vengeance despite many of us now having some Neanderthal DNA. Many females were likely captured and enslaved, producing lots of mixed offspring before eventually dying out.
Scientists have sequenced Neanderthal and Denisovan genomes from fossils discovered in Europe and Asia. This genetic information is helping researchers learn more about these early humans. Determining which areas of the genome are shared with archaic humans, and which areas are different, will also help researchers find out what differentiates modern humans from our closest extinct relatives.
I guessed you missed that tidbit about they went extinct because it got cold. :rolleyes:
You wish, eh? Hey, at least you read some of it. No comment on the actual point though.. :sigh2:Okay, bubbye.. back to ignore you go..

You wish, eh? Hey, at least you read some of it. No comment on the actual point though.. :sigh2:Okay, bubbye.. back to ignore you go..
I did comment on the actual point. The greatest risk to life is a colder planet. They didn't go extinct because the planet got warmer, dummy.

I did comment on the actual point. The greatest risk to life is a colder planet. They didn't go extinct because the planet got warmer, dummy.
no, that is not true the risk is true in both directions equally where naturally life has survived the ice ages without there having been periods prior of intense heat that may now be accelerating past historic levels caused artificially by humanity.

Yes, one might guess cold in this case, but being just a New Scientist article. they never actually specify whether hot or cold was the major culprit in the Neanderthal case. Obviously, the overall point was that either was equally likely to contribute to our ancestor's extinctions in general. But mileage of determined idiots will predictably vary.

problem is, as I noted before, ''practitioners will create the conditions within which the endtimes become a self fulfilling prophesy.''

That's something of an indictment as to the ineffectiveness of the Christian.

Thats something of an indictment as to the ineffectiveness of the Christian.
It shows how sinful men are

We all have a choice to make

and the world guided by Satan - meaning wealth, power, sex, drugs and comfort looks better than obedience to God to more and more people

and the world guided by Satan - meaning wealth, power, sex, drugs and comfort looks better than obedience to God to more and more people
The world is guided by a “Satan”?

Are the gods too weak and ineffectual to do anything about that?

How do I know that your posts aren’t guided by “Satan”?

@@@@@@@@@

He could

But rather than treat His creation like puppets on a string we have free will

And libs choose not to obey God or even admit that He exists

Mac you can write responses to her all day. They're useless. She doesn't want to learn.
She doesn't want to think and reason. Evil is like that. It always doubles down.
Please stop torturing everyone by responding. "Go from the presence of a foolish man."
(Or man wannabe.)

@@@@@@@@@

He could

But rather than treat His creation like puppets on a string we have free will

And libs choose not to obey God or even admit that He exists
So why pray to your gods if the "Satan" character is preeminent over your gods? Any favors your prayer may curry can be overuled by "Satan". Is "Satan" really the red character with horns and a pitchfork?

Mac you can write responses to her all day. They're useless. She doesn't want to learn.
She doesn't want to think and reason. Evil is like that. It always doubles down.
Please stop torturing everyone by responding. "Go from the presence of a foolish man."
(Or man wannabe.)
^^^^Peanut gallery.

Forum List

Back