This Is Not Normal

Maybe not Dee Snider back in the day but not far off.
Good point, that type of outrageous role playing was popular in the arena of entertainment and art. That is where it belongs, not in our halls of congress. They're already pretty far from normal as it is. IMO we don't need to dissolve into the patently absurd.

View attachment 462017

Can we just stop pretending this shit is somehow normal?

"Can we stop for a minute and recognize the absurdity of what we witnessed in a Senate Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions Committee confirmation hearing on Thursday? I turned on C-SPAN and could not believe what I was seeing. A transgender individual—decked out in makeup, jewelry, an ugly skirt, and a hairdo straight out of a 1980s Twisted Sister MTV video—came before a committee of the U.S. Senate and everyone acted like this was completely normal."

We should be very careful.

For most of history, gay people were prosecuted and persecuted because they were not "normal."

So if this person claims to be a female and wants to dress that way, it is true that she is not "normal," but so what?

She knows that she is a laughing stock, but apparently she is doing what makes her happy. Life is so horrible and so short, shouldn't we be kind and pretend not to notice -- as did the members of the committee?

Who gives a shit about what you think is 'normal'.

If you don't like living in a free country, then leave!!!
So you think that pretending to be a different sex is normal? You have been brainwashed. Most folks instinctively know that that man is not normal.

Being 'normal' doesn't matter.

A free people are free to be 'not normal' - and no one has any right to judge them.

The real sick ones are the ones that are obsessed with what they see as 'normal' and think they have some right to judge other people.

Like I said earlier:

By most standards it is not "normal". That is correct. Now, why "normal" is so appealing remains to be seen.

Betsy DeVos looked very put together and normal. But her qualifications to be the Education Secretary were nonexistent. And she lived up to those qualifications.

If the person can do the job well, why do we care if they are "normal"?
"Normal" refers to that which everyone can relate based, in this case, on nature. One is either born a male or female and to try to pretend one can change that is abnormal. You can call it anything you want...gender dysphoria is a good description but calling it 'normal' is, I think, a bridge to far for most people. If I were questioning that guy the very first thing I would ask is why he is dressing like a woman because, let's face it, he looks like a clown. Next thing you know, they will be nominating someone wearing a full clown suit and makeup and will be calling that normal as well. As Ol' Sleepy Joe would say...."COME ON MAN!"

For most of history, gay people were prosecuted and persecuted because they were not "normal."

So if this person claims to be a female and wants to dress that way, it is true that she is not "normal," but so what?

She knows that she is a laughing stock, but apparently she is doing what makes her happy. Life is so horrible and so short, shouldn't we be kind and pretend not to notice -- as did the members of the committee?
So he is a masochist? That ain't normal either.

By most standards it is not "normal". That is correct. Now, why "normal" is so appealing remains to be seen.

Betsy DeVos looked very put together and normal. But her qualifications to be the Education Secretary were nonexistent. And she lived up to those qualifications.

"Normal" refers to that which everyone can relate based, in this case, on nature. One is either born a male or female and to try to pretend one can change that is abnormal. You can call it anything you want...gender dysphoria is a good description but calling it 'normal' is, I think, a bridge to far for most people. If I were questioning that guy the very first thing I would ask is why he is dressing like a woman because, let's face it, he looks like a clown. Next thing you know, they will be nominating someone wearing a full clown suit and makeup and will be calling that normal as well. As Ol' Sleepy Joe would say...."COME ON MAN!"

If someone can do a great job while wearing clown makeup, I would take them over the incompetence we have seen all too often. Cabinet positions have been handed out to replay favors for decades. And we have seen the results. I don't give a rat's ass what they look like or how they dress. Their experience, knowledge and ability to do the job is the only thing that should matter.

View attachment 462017

"Can we stop for a minute and recognize the absurdity of what we witnessed in a Senate Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions Committee confirmation hearing on Thursday? I turned on C-SPAN and could not believe what I was seeing. A transgender individual—decked out in makeup, jewelry, an ugly skirt, and a hairdo straight out of a 1980s Twisted Sister MTV video—came before a committee of the U.S. Senate and everyone acted like this was completely normal."

A free country. Not fucking fantasy land where men think they are women. A free country also means I don’t have to put up with your delusional bull shit.

So he is a masochist? That ain't normal either.

So what you want, for every political appointee, is to match some standard that has no deviations from the standards by the central population?

Yeah, that is a great way to see it.

If someone is a masochist, why would that matter?

Please explain how how Rachel Levine is anywhere near qualified for the job, and how he's fulfilling those qualifications. He has already evaded the question of whether or not he supports both allowing minors to be given hormone blockers to prevent them from going through puberty, as well as surgical destruction of a minor’s genitalia.

His record of public service was also horrible: Allowing “stable” coronavirus patients to be returned to nursing homes during the pandemic, receiving blame for the virus skyrocketing among the elderly in those facilities.

Levine was also called out for moving his own mother out of a nursing home facility despite the department’s guidance to admit “stable” patients who had contracted the virus.

This doesn't seem like the type of person I'd want for the job.

View attachment 462017

A free country. Not fucking fantasy land where men think they are women. A free country also means I don’t have to put up with your delusional bull shit.

You don't have to put up with it. But likewise, you don't have a say in whether this person gets the job for which they were nominated.

View attachment 462017

In other words only white male heterosexuals need apply.
Typical.

Please explain how how Rachel Levine is anywhere near qualified for the job, and how he's fulfilling those qualifications. He has already evaded the question of whether or not he supports both allowing minors to be given hormone blockers to prevent them from going through puberty, as well as surgical destruction of a minor’s genitalia.

His record of public service was also horrible: Allowing “stable” coronavirus patients to be returned to nursing homes during the pandemic, receiving blame for the virus skyrocketing among the elderly in those facilities.

Levine was also called out for moving his own mother out of a nursing home facility despite the department’s guidance to admit “stable” patients who had contracted the virus.

Those are reasons for concern. I don't know the answers. But at least they are questions concerning job performance, not questions of whether they are "normal".

^^^^^
Suck on the above Winterborn!
You still think IT can do the job? :muahaha:

If someone can do a great job while wearing clown makeup, I would take them over the incompetence we have seen all too often. Cabinet positions have been handed out to replay favors for decades. And we have seen the results. I don't give a rat's ass what they look like or how they dress. Their experience, knowledge and ability to do the job is the only thing that should matter.
Agree.

The problem I have with the current selection process is that the ability to do the job is not really what seems to matter. They start with a specific profile in mind then try and find someone that fits that profile first.

So apparently looks mean nothing to you....Would you vote for these guys?

1614375282505.png

1614375313016.png

Forum List

Back