'This is for USA': Former Team Canada star Kaillie Humphries wins monobob gold

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Recall a couple of years ago I posted this as she announced she was going to try to represent the U.S after an unhappy investigation by Canada (no surprise from people like me who know full well how creepy and dishonest our system is) into her allegations and subsequent move to U.S citizenship.

I think she has at least one more goal event this year, though I'm not sure.

Former Team Canada bobsled star Kaillie Humphries, now representing the United States after an acrimonious split from her previous squad, dedicated her latest Olympic gold to her new country after winning in monobob's debut at the Beijing Games.

Former Team Canada bobsled star Kaillie Humphries, now representing the United States after an acrimonious split from her previous squad, dedicated her latest Olympic gold to her new country after winning in monobob's debut at the Beijing Games.

“This is for USA, honestly," Humphries told NBC after Monday's event. "Thank you guys for supporting me, backing me. This team has been absolutely incredible. I am so honoured to bring back the gold medal to the United States of America."
Canada's Christine de Bruin captured bronze -- the country's 15th medal at the Games.
American Elana Meyers Taylor overtook de Bruin on the final run to take silver, finishing 1.54 seconds behind Humprhies and .22 ahead of the Canadian.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back