This is an example of why people need to vote!

People did vote. They voted against you. Funny how you are never concerned about the voter turnout when you win.

And if you are so concerned about nutjobs in the Senate, why did the Democrats run Al Franken again?
Mostly republicans voted, they voted against democrats. With only a 36.6 percent voter turnout, there's no way republicans can claim conservative dogma was 'endorsed,' or that policies advocated by democrats were 'rejected.' Democrats lost because they once again failed to get out the vote, and they deserved to lose accordingly. But don't fool yourself by believing this was some sort of 'mandate' for republicans, because it wasn't.

Awwww.....

Who cares.

They'll still be legislating. Suck on it.

I live in Colorado. Mercifully, we usually seem to avoid the embarrassment (not to mention the horror) of having nut cases in positions of power. I should qualify that statement to say that we usually don't have nut cases in power in an official gov't postion like an elective office. Private organizations are another matter entirely since any flake can plant a flag and look for like-minded loons who share their delusions.

Well, with the Republican electoral wave of 2014, I guess it was too much to hope that nut cases wouldn't sweep in like some kind of political flotsam and jetsam with the otherwise normal people who just have a more conservative view of governance. IMHO, this is the natural result of too many sane people not voting and giving over the electoral process to highly motivated partisans, many of whom have a highly questionable grip on reality.

Well, I guess when you've dodged the bullet for such a long time, it's only a question of time until that good fortune will come to an end if and when most people don't vote and hand the process over to people who realized that voter apathy can work in their favor.

Meet Gordon James Klingenschmitt, PhD (aka “Dr. Chaps”) who is one of our new State Representatives in the Colorado General Assembly, representing House District 15.

By the way, this thread is also meant to put people on the right on notice as well as people on the left. Why? Because fruit loops like this guy just makes everyone on the right look a little nutty if this is the kind of person who can actually win a nomination in a Republican Party primary let alone win a seat in a State assembly.

Exorcist elected to Colorado State House
11/07/14 11:26PM

Rachel Maddow shares video of newly elected Republican Colorado state representative Gordon Klingenschmitt performing an exorcism of the demons in President Obama, and reports on a few midterm races that are not yet resolved since Tuesday's election. watch

Colorado GOPer Gordon Klingenschmitt s 10 Craziest Moments Homophobia Exorcisms And More Right Wing Watch
People are fed up with your's and other democrats shit. We are through with it.

I'm not a Democrat, dufus!
Yet you support obama so stop your lying.

So? These days, if a conservative takes a position against something, I tend to think it's probably a pretty good idea even before I look into the details.
There is the problem. Typical stupidity. You can say you are not a libtard all you want, you act just like one.

so you don't care about another states senator that has an effect on national legislation, but for some reason we should all be scared of someone who was elected to the state legislature of another state who has no effect on us whatsoever?

your ideas were on the ballot. As well as your candidates and policies. The policies you elected Obama for were on the ballot and people overwhelmingly voted to stop them.
37% voter turn out isnt overwhelming...you dipshit

for a mid term election it's not bad. Some people vote by doing nothing.

that's still a super majority that doesn't approve of the presidents job
np, its really not, and shows your lack of a grasp on the situation

lets see. Over half voted against being conservative and assuming only half that's 18 1/2 voting against the policies. Add that to the 63% that didn't show up and you find only 18 1/5% who support the president and 81 1/2% who do not support the presidents agenda.

81% of anything would be considered a super majority. So yeah it is that simple
Nice spin... 63% didn't support either the president or congress...add that too the fantasy that midterms tend to run like this...you have nothing....there is no majority outside of the one that doesn't like either party right now.

But hey enjoy it...another 2008 will happen and you will be in here crying about how the dems cheated.

I live in Colorado. Mercifully, we usually seem to avoid the embarrassment (not to mention the horror) of having nut cases in positions of power. I should qualify that statement to say that we usually don't have nut cases in power in an official gov't postion like an elective office. Private organizations are another matter entirely since any flake can plant a flag and look for like-minded loons who share their delusions.

Well, with the Republican electoral wave of 2014, I guess it was too much to hope that nut cases wouldn't sweep in like some kind of political flotsam and jetsam with the otherwise normal people who just have a more conservative view of governance. IMHO, this is the natural result of too many sane people not voting and giving over the electoral process to highly motivated partisans, many of whom have a highly questionable grip on reality.

Well, I guess when you've dodged the bullet for such a long time, it's only a question of time until that good fortune will come to an end if and when most people don't vote and hand the process over to people who realized that voter apathy can work in their favor.

Meet Gordon James Klingenschmitt, PhD (aka “Dr. Chaps”) who is one of our new State Representatives in the Colorado General Assembly, representing House District 15.

By the way, this thread is also meant to put people on the right on notice as well as people on the left. Why? Because fruit loops like this guy just makes everyone on the right look a little nutty if this is the kind of person who can actually win a nomination in a Republican Party primary let alone win a seat in a State assembly.

Rachel Maddow shares video of newly elected Republican Colorado state representative Gordon Klingenschmitt performing an exorcism of the demons in President Obama, and reports on a few midterm races that are not yet resolved since Tuesday's election. watch

Colorado GOPer Gordon Klingenschmitt s 10 Craziest Moments Homophobia Exorcisms And More Right Wing Watch

So? These days, if a conservative takes a position against something, I tend to think it's probably a pretty good idea even before I look into the details.
You are the typical liberal democrat nothing new.

Well, with the Republican electoral wave of 2014, I guess it was too much to hope that nut cases wouldn't sweep in like some kind of political flotsam

LOL look who's talking you people elected Pelosi speaker of the House top that! Don't make me start posting her crazy videos.

Well, with the Republican electoral wave of 2014, I guess it was too much to hope that nut cases wouldn't sweep in like some kind of political flotsam

LOL look who's talking you people elected Pelosi speaker of the House top that! Don't make me start posting her crazy videos.
They did it not once but twice.

People who vote in rigged elections are just patsies for the duopoly. The only difference between Democrat and Republican BIG government is who is getting bribed and who's accepting the bribery at any particular time..

Exactly why the left wing democrats got their balls handed to them.

Hardly. Americans have a long collective history of rejecting extremism in it's representatives. Americans also have a long history of embracing divided gov't. However, it used to work better when there was a mix of relatively liberal, conservative and moderate representatives in both parties. In those days, the moderate middle would come together to reach consensus. That's what most Americans wanted. That's not happening anymore as each party is on the other side of an ideological divide. However, the majority in each party is not the same distance from the ideological middle. To be more specific, the majority of Republican representatives are further to the right of the political center than the majority of Democrats are to the left of the political center. With that said, the lack of voter participation in the primary process actually serves to turn off even more people when it comes to the general election. That's how states and the country end up with kooks like Klingenschmitt getting elected. Their supporters come out in droves while everyone else stays home.

I'm sure both wings in politics have harbored their fair share of crazies and zealots.

If you must choose between the lesser of two evils, you're still voting for evil.

Forum List

Back