This is an example of why people need to vote!

I live in Colorado. Mercifully, we usually seem to avoid the embarrassment (not to mention the horror) of having nut cases in positions of power. I should qualify that statement to say that we usually don't have nut cases in power in an official gov't postion like an elective office. Private organizations are another matter entirely since any flake can plant a flag and look for like-minded loons who share their delusions.

Well, with the Republican electoral wave of 2014, I guess it was too much to hope that nut cases wouldn't sweep in like some kind of political flotsam and jetsam with the otherwise normal people who just have a more conservative view of governance. IMHO, this is the natural result of too many sane people not voting and giving over the electoral process to highly motivated partisans, many of whom have a highly questionable grip on reality.

Well, I guess when you've dodged the bullet for such a long time, it's only a question of time until that good fortune will come to an end if and when most people don't vote and hand the process over to people who realized that voter apathy can work in their favor.

Meet Gordon James Klingenschmitt, PhD (aka “Dr. Chaps”) who is one of our new State Representatives in the Colorado General Assembly, representing House District 15.

By the way, this thread is also meant to put people on the right on notice as well as people on the left. Why? Because fruit loops like this guy just makes everyone on the right look a little nutty if this is the kind of person who can actually win a nomination in a Republican Party primary let alone win a seat in a State assembly.

Exorcist elected to Colorado State House
11/07/14 11:26PM

Rachel Maddow shares video of newly elected Republican Colorado state representative Gordon Klingenschmitt performing an exorcism of the demons in President Obama, and reports on a few midterm races that are not yet resolved since Tuesday's election. watch

Colorado GOPer Gordon Klingenschmitt s 10 Craziest Moments Homophobia Exorcisms And More Right Wing Watch

Isn't this a better example of how some people shouldn't vote or how people should take it more seriously OR how people shouldn't just vote for the letter next to a candidates name.

They are in both parties, don't forget the lefts whacko Alan Grayson.
Or the one Democrat I forgot his name who said on the house floor that if all of the people stood on one end of the island it would sink.

People did vote. They voted against you. Funny how you are never concerned about the voter turnout when you win.

And if you are so concerned about nutjobs in the Senate, why did the Democrats run Al Franken again?

I wasn't on the ballot.

What percentage of eligible voters went to the polls? A third? Forty percent? With numbers like that, little more than 21% of the electorate can put someone in office.

As far as Franken is concerned, he's not my senator so I don't know all that much about him. But I hope you're not suggesting that a former television performer shouldn't run for office considering that Reagan was a one-time pitchman for GE when he hosted General Electric Theater. on TV. But I actually hear Franken has actually immersed himself in the minutiae of doing the work of being a U. S. Senator. At any rate, he's certainly not running out to meet the cameras every day like John McCain does.

I live in Colorado. Mercifully, we usually seem to avoid the embarrassment (not to mention the horror) of having nut cases in positions of power. I should qualify that statement to say that we usually don't have nut cases in power in an official gov't postion like an elective office. Private organizations are another matter entirely since any flake can plant a flag and look for like-minded loons who share their delusions.

Well, with the Republican electoral wave of 2014, I guess it was too much to hope that nut cases wouldn't sweep in like some kind of political flotsam and jetsam with the otherwise normal people who just have a more conservative view of governance. IMHO, this is the natural result of too many sane people not voting and giving over the electoral process to highly motivated partisans, many of whom have a highly questionable grip on reality.

Well, I guess when you've dodged the bullet for such a long time, it's only a question of time until that good fortune will come to an end if and when most people don't vote and hand the process over to people who realized that voter apathy can work in their favor.

Meet Gordon James Klingenschmitt, PhD (aka “Dr. Chaps”) who is one of our new State Representatives in the Colorado General Assembly, representing House District 15.

By the way, this thread is also meant to put people on the right on notice as well as people on the left. Why? Because fruit loops like this guy just makes everyone on the right look a little nutty if this is the kind of person who can actually win a nomination in a Republican Party primary let alone win a seat in a State assembly.

Rachel Maddow shares video of newly elected Republican Colorado state representative Gordon Klingenschmitt performing an exorcism of the demons in President Obama, and reports on a few midterm races that are not yet resolved since Tuesday's election. watch

Colorado GOPer Gordon Klingenschmitt s 10 Craziest Moments Homophobia Exorcisms And More Right Wing Watch

Yes, you live in wonderful Colorado. A place so wonderful you have spawned multiple school shooters, multiple jihadists who wish to travel to foreign lands and kill the people who live there etc.

Based on the people you create that is one fucked up area.

People did vote. They voted against you. Funny how you are never concerned about the voter turnout when you win.

And if you are so concerned about nutjobs in the Senate, why did the Democrats run Al Franken again?
Mostly republicans voted, they voted against democrats. With only a 36.6 percent voter turnout, there's no way republicans can claim conservative dogma was 'endorsed,' or that policies advocated by democrats were 'rejected.' Democrats lost because they once again failed to get out the vote, and they deserved to lose accordingly. But don't fool yourself by believing this was some sort of 'mandate' for republicans, because it wasn't.

so you don't care about another states senator that has an effect on national legislation, but for some reason we should all be scared of someone who was elected to the state legislature of another state who has no effect on us whatsoever?

your ideas were on the ballot. As well as your candidates and policies. The policies you elected Obama for were on the ballot and people overwhelmingly voted to stop them.

Mostly republicans voted, they voted against democrats. With only a 36.6 percent voter turnout, there's no way republicans can claim conservative dogma was 'endorsed,' or that policies advocated by democrats were 'rejected.' Democrats lost because they once again failed to get out the vote, and they deserved to lose accordingly. But don't fool yourself by believing this was some sort of 'mandate' for republicans, because it wasn't.

:boohoo:

I think the democrats could use a good exorcist themselves right now. At least we helped them along the path. Now I want all you lefties to form up in a circle jerk, just like the ones you know so well from Washington. Next, kneel down directly opposite one of your fellow travelers, holy water in your spritzer bottle, then give him a good soaking, and repeat after me, at the top of your lungs: "The power of Christ compels you!! The power of Christ compels you!! The power of Christ compels you!!" Keep that up till the next election. See how that works out.

I agree with you. To exorcise Obamas demons what you need is an oversized flush toilet

Yes, you live in wonderful Colorado. A place so wonderful you have spawned multiple school shooters, multiple jihadists who wish to travel to foreign lands and kill the people who live there etc.

We don't elect them to office. At least not yet. And we don't elevate men who kill unarmed teenagers to hero status like conservatives did with George Zimmerman.

Mustang, post: 10132203, member: 22217"Yes, you live in wonderful Colorado. A place so wonderful you have spawned multiple school shooters, multiple jihadists who wish to travel to foreign lands and kill the people who live there etc.

That's urban Colorado. Rural Colorado is a whole different story.

Last edited:

We don't elect them to office. At least not yet. And we don't elevate men who kill unarmed teenagers to hero status like conservatives did with George Zimmerman.

That's funny. I never heard GZ and the term "hero" in the same sentence. Ever. I heard moron, and dumbass, but never hero. I understood that the cons were against his prosecution because it was ultimately a political endeavor and had nothing to do with the law, but hero????

Nope. That's you blowing smoke out your butt again.

Mustang, post: 10132203, member: 22217"Yes, you live in wonderful Colorado. A place so wonderful you have spawned multiple school shooters, multiple jihadists who wish to travel to foreign lands and kill the people who live there etc.

That's urban Colorado. Rural Colorado is a whole different story.
[/QUOTE]

I know. A good friend of my wife's is the director of the mental health department in Denver. She is very liberal, as am I, but fortunately she is not a progressive and realized a long time ago the damage that the progressives were doing in her State.

Forum List

Back