This is a phony impeachment inquiry.

If this is what you Democrats want, then don't come crying to us when a Democratic President is hounded from his or her first day in office. Vive la Resistance! Fuck cooperation! Yeah that is what America is all about!
Ya mean like Republicans did to Bill Clinton?
That would be great! If Trump could have 5 years where he could actually focus on being President just like Bill Clinton had. Donald Trump didn't get 5 years, he got maybe 5 weeks? 5 days? It wasn't much before The Resistance and Pussy Hats were marching.
What 5 years did Clinton get? Republicans went after him, starting with Whitewater, when they took control of the Congress in 1995.

Sucks to be treated like that, huh?

If this is what you Democrats want, then don't come crying to us when a Democratic President is hounded from his or her first day in office. Vive la Resistance! Fuck cooperation! Yeah that is what America is all about!
Ya mean like Republicans did to Bill Clinton?
That would be great! If Trump could have 5 years where he could actually focus on being President just like Bill Clinton had. Donald Trump didn't get 5 years, he got maybe 5 weeks? 5 days? It wasn't much before The Resistance and Pussy Hats were marching.

There was a meeting of repubs on Obama's first inauguration day where they decided to not work with him on anything. Their #1 goal at that point was to make him a one term president. They failed miserably.

If you really think I get all my news from Fox, that's really funny. Especially considering in 2008 I voted for Obama and hated Fox News at the time. That's how I know they're telling the truth . The so-called liberal media which was never really liberal in the first place completely lost its mind after Trump won in 2016.

I have no doubt you get all of your news from Fox and so called outlets even to the right of Fox- but that the 'primary' source of what you spew is the lies from Donald Trump himself.

Taylor’s description of Trump’s position is in sharp contrast to how the president has characterized it. Trump has said many times that there was no quid pro quo, though his acting chief of staff, Mick Mulvaney contradicted that last week. Mulvaney later tried to walk back his remarks.

Taylor, a former Army officer, had been serving as executive vice president at the U.S. Institute of Peace, a nonpartisan think tank founded by Congress, when he was appointed to run the embassy in Kyiv after Yovanovitch was removed before the end of her term following a campaign against her led by Trump’s personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani.

He had served as U.S. ambassador to Ukraine from 2006 to 2009.

“He’s the epitome of a seasoned statesman,” said John Shmorhun, an American who heads the agricultural company AgroGeneration.

Before retiring from government service, Taylor was involved in diplomatic efforts surrounding several major international conflicts. He served in Jerusalem as U.S. envoy to the Quartet of Mideast peacemakers. He oversaw reconstruction in Iraq from 2004 to 2005, and from Kabul coordinated U.S. and international assistance to Afghanistan from 2002 to 2003.

He arrived in Kyiv a month after the sudden departure of Yovanovitch and the inauguration of Ukraine’s new president, prepared to steer the embassy through the transition. He was most likely not prepared for what happened next.

In July, Trump would have his now-famous phone conversation with President Volodymyr Zelenskiy in which he pressed the new Ukrainian president to launch the investigations. Trump at the time had quietly put a hold on nearly $400 million in military aid that Ukraine was counting on in its fight against Russian-backed separatists.

In the follow-up to the call, Taylor exchanged texts with two of Trump’s point men on Ukraine as they were trying to get Zelenskiy to commit to the investigations before setting a date for a coveted White House visit.

In a text message to Sondland on Sept. 1, Taylor bluntly questioned Trump’s motives: “Are we now saying that security assistance and WH meeting are conditioned on investigations?” Sondland, U.S. ambassador to the European Union, told him to call on the phone.

In texts a week later to Sondland and special envoy Volker, Taylor expressed increased concern, calling it “crazy to withhold security assistance for help with a political campaign.” In a reply several hours later, Sondland defended Trump’s intentions and suggested they stop the back-and-forth by text.

Taylor had also texted that not giving the military aid to Ukraine would be his “nightmare” scenario because it would send the wrong message to both Kyiv and Moscow: “The Russians love it. (And I quit).”

Top Diplomat To Ukraine Provides 'Disturbing' Account In House Impeachment Probe | HuffPost

Oh yeah, "Taylor exchanged texts"....."Taylor expressed increased concern".....Only, Taylor was not involved in the actual call and we have the actual text of that call.

Nice fiction writing...now for the truth from Zelenskiy....The guy you SAY was coerced.

"KYIV, Ukraine (AP) — Ukraine’s president said Tuesday that no one explained to him why millions of dollars in U.S. military aid to his country was delayed, dismissing suggestions that President Donald Trump froze the funding to pressure Ukraine to investigate Democratic rival Joe Biden"

Ukraine's leader: Trump didn't use US military aid as lever

Whoops....Another fake allegation bites the dust.
Don’t play stupid. Good lawyer arguments for the indefensible

What good lawyer arguments? You have not posted any.
I’m not the one making them.

To suggest no quid pro because the foreigner didn’t know that’s what trump was doing is hillaryous

I’m not the one making them.

I did not say you were. In any case 'good lawyer arguments' do not magically equal evidence.

To suggest no quid pro because the foreigner didn’t know that’s what trump was doing is hillaryous

There is no quid pro quo because Nowhere in that transcript did Trump threaten Zelensky with the withholding aid and the aid had already been given.

Well, now Trump's lawyers are saying that while Trump is president, he is exempt from state and local laws and can't be prosecuted until after he leaves office.

I wonder..................can that possibly be true? I thought that we were a nation of laws and nobody was above them, not even the president.

Federal judges seem skeptical of Trump arguments in tax case - news - Suddenlink

NEW YORK (AP) — Three judges on a federal appeals panel appeared inclined Wednesday to reject arguments that President Donald Trump's tax returns can't be given to a New York grand jury because he is immune from state criminal law — even if he were to shoot someone on Fifth Avenue.

The hearing's most colorful exchange came when Judge Denny Chin confronted Trump attorney William S. Consovoy over what local authorities could do if Trump shot somebody on Fifth Avenue, a reference to a boast Trump made in January 2016 that doing so wouldn't cost him voters.

"Local authorities couldn't investigate. They couldn't do anything about it?" Chin asked.

Consovoy said that it was not a permanent immunity and that local authorities could act once a president was removed from office.

"Well, I'm talking about while in office," Chin said. "Nothing could be done? That's your position?"

Consovoy answered: "That is correct. That is correct. Yes."

Chin foreshadowed his shooting comparison when he asked whether the president was beyond the reach of investigators "no matter how heinous" the crime.

Well, now Trump's lawyers are saying that while Trump is president, he is exempt from state and local laws and can't be prosecuted until after he leaves office.

I wonder..................can that possibly be true? I thought that we were a nation of laws and nobody was above them, not even the president.

Federal judges seem skeptical of Trump arguments in tax case - news - Suddenlink

NEW YORK (AP) — Three judges on a federal appeals panel appeared inclined Wednesday to reject arguments that President Donald Trump's tax returns can't be given to a New York grand jury because he is immune from state criminal law — even if he were to shoot someone on Fifth Avenue.

The hearing's most colorful exchange came when Judge Denny Chin confronted Trump attorney William S. Consovoy over what local authorities could do if Trump shot somebody on Fifth Avenue, a reference to a boast Trump made in January 2016 that doing so wouldn't cost him voters.

"Local authorities couldn't investigate. They couldn't do anything about it?" Chin asked.

Consovoy said that it was not a permanent immunity and that local authorities could act once a president was removed from office.

"Well, I'm talking about while in office," Chin said. "Nothing could be done? That's your position?"

Consovoy answered: "That is correct. That is correct. Yes."

Chin foreshadowed his shooting comparison when he asked whether the president was beyond the reach of investigators "no matter how heinous" the crime.

Inclinations are not judgements and Trump has nothing to be prosecuted for.

Pathetic left-wing spin on it.....

What Is This “Highly Anticipated” FISA Report That Conservatives Keep Talking About?

To those outside the conservative news bubble, “the FISA report” might not mean much—let alone be “highly anticipated,” as the story described it. But those who watch Fox News have been primed to think of this report as something that will show that the FBI and Justice Department were reckless, or even acted illegally, in their efforts to undermine Donald Trump

Oh none of us on the left doubt that Fox News has been priming all of you Trumpettes on what you should be thinking.
Oh, and CNN, and MSNBC haven't been doing that to the left? What the hell is the matter with you people? You leftist have been on a three year tear now to unseat a duly elected president all because you can't, won't accept the result of the prior election...the behavior of the left over the past decade is purely un American...I have no more incentive to listen to any insane leftist, fore all you people do, is lie, incite, and tantrum like 7 year olds. The Democrat party these days is a joke.

Sent from my SM-T587P using Tapatalk

You know, it took over 2 years for Nixon to be investigated. So far, the investigation on Trump has only been a couple of months, so you guys need to wait for a bit.

If the investigation yields information that says Trump did something wrong, then they will hold a vote to impeach in the House. If they vote to impeach in the House, then it goes to the Senate, where the impeachment trial is held, and the Senate must vote 2/3 in favor of impeachment in order for Trump to be removed.

You Trumpsters are so busy parroting the things your dear leader says that you are not able to actually understand what is happening. You just think that if Trump says it, it must be true.
Even Nixon was allowed due process, plus the hearings were public. What are you Democrats afraid of?

Hmm will it still be 'phony' once the House holds the impeachment vote?

Yes it will still be phony because there is no evidence to back it up.

Sigh. Poor little Trumpette. Just because you disagree with the evidence doesn't mean that there isn't any.

We already have Trump admitting to asking two foreign governments to investigate a political rival.
That by itself is something the House can impeach on. We have Trump's actual words as evidence.

The rest? Obstruction of Justice? Pretty strong evidence in the Mueller report, and his obstruction continues in the Impeachment investigation.

Intimidating witnesses and violating the Federal law protecting whistle blowers? Again- Trump's own words.

Now looks like today that Bill Taylor may have confirmed the quid pro quo in Ukraine.

I realize that if you saw Trump shooting someone on 5th Avenue, you would still declare that there is no evidence and still vote for him.

But that isn't the same thing as the truth.
What "whistleblower "??? Oh, you mean the Schiff stooge that had meetings with Schiff that he lied about? This thing is a set up, just like the whole Russian collusion bs, and you liars will pay.

You know, it took over 2 years for Nixon to be investigated. So far, the investigation on Trump has only been a couple of months, so you guys need to wait for a bit.

If the investigation yields information that says Trump did something wrong, then they will hold a vote to impeach in the House. If they vote to impeach in the House, then it goes to the Senate, where the impeachment trial is held, and the Senate must vote 2/3 in favor of impeachment in order for Trump to be removed.

You Trumpsters are so busy parroting the things your dear leader says that you are not able to actually understand what is happening. You just think that if Trump says it, it must be true.
Even Nixon was allowed due process, plus the hearings were public. What are you Democrats afraid of?

There were lots of closed sessions before the public ones for Nixon.

Se will be for Trump once the public hearings begin.

Taylor’s description of Trump’s position is in sharp contrast to how the president has characterized it. Trump has said many times that there was no quid pro quo, though his acting chief of staff, Mick Mulvaney contradicted that last week. Mulvaney later tried to walk back his remarks....
Mindlessly bleating the bigoted, hyper-partisan narrative does not change the fact it is a bigoted, hyper-partisan narrative.

Why don't you cite the texts of the statements you refer to?

Trump is going to be allowed due process after they finish the investigation to see if impeachment is warranted. You gotta stop confusing the investigation phase with the impeachment phase.

Here's how it works.................

1) The House does an investigation to see if things have been done that warrant impeachment. If not, the process stops. If they find something, then they vote.

2) The House votes to see if impeachment should proceed. If it doesn't pass, the process stops. If not, they pass it to the Senate.

3) The Senate has a trial for impeachment. If they vote 2/3rds majority to impeach, the president is removed. If not, he remains in office.

See? You guys are moving straight from investigation to saying he's innocent. Sorry, but you can't skip steps in this process.

Trump is going to be allowed due process after they finish the investigation to see if impeachment is warranted. You gotta stop confusing the investigation phase with the impeachment phase.

1) The House does an investigation to see if things have been done that warrant impeachment. If not, the process stops. If they find something, then they vote.

2) The House votes to see if impeachment should proceed. If it doesn't pass, the process stops. If not, they pass it to the Senate.

3) The Senate has a trial for impeachment. If they vote 2/3rds majority to impeach, the president is removed. If not, he remains in office.

See? You guys are moving straight from investigation to saying he's innocent. Sorry, but you can't skip steps in this process.

pelosi is calling for a vote to continue the investigation. That is a sure sign of a big fat nothingburger.

Last edited:

pelosi is calling for a vote to continue the investigation.

Right, and the other steps mentioned will come in time.

Forum List

Back