This is a phony impeachment inquiry.

Pathetic left-wing spin on it.....

What Is This “Highly Anticipated” FISA Report That Conservatives Keep Talking About?

To those outside the conservative news bubble, “the FISA report” might not mean much—let alone be “highly anticipated,” as the story described it. But those who watch Fox News have been primed to think of this report as something that will show that the FBI and Justice Department were reckless, or even acted illegally, in their efforts to undermine Donald Trump

Oh none of us on the left doubt that Fox News has been priming all of you Trumpettes on what you should be thinking.

None of US on the right doubt that CNN, MSNBC, MSM & NPR have been priming all you TDSers to climb aboard fake impeachment clown car.

I guess imitation is the greatest form of flattery.

Meanwhile, I leave you to parroting Fox News talking points.

Hmm will it still be 'phony' once the House holds the impeachment vote?

Yes it will still be phony because there is no evidence to back it up.

Sigh. Poor little Trumpette. Just because you disagree with the evidence doesn't mean that there isn't any.

We already have Trump admitting to asking two foreign governments to investigate a political rival.
That by itself is something the House can impeach on. We have Trump's actual words as evidence.

The rest? Obstruction of Justice? Pretty strong evidence in the Mueller report, and his obstruction continues in the Impeachment investigation.

Intimidating witnesses and violating the Federal law protecting whistle blowers? Again- Trump's own words.

Now looks like today that Bill Taylor may have confirmed the quid pro quo in Ukraine.

I realize that if you saw Trump shooting someone on 5th Avenue, you would still declare that there is no evidence and still vote for him.

But that isn't the same thing as the truth.

What Is This “Highly Anticipated” FISA Report That Conservatives Keep Talking About?

To those outside the conservative news bubble, “the FISA report” might not mean much—let alone be “highly anticipated,” as the story described it. But those who watch Fox News have been primed to think of this report as something that will show that the FBI and Justice Department were reckless, or even acted illegally, in their efforts to undermine Donald Trump

Oh none of us on the left doubt that Fox News has been priming all of you Trumpettes on what you should be thinking.
If you really think I get all my news from Fox, that's really funny. Especially considering in 2008 I voted for Obama and hated Fox News at the time. That's how I know they're telling the truth . The so-called liberal media which was never really liberal in the first place completely lost its mind after Trump won in 2016.

I have no doubt you get all of your news from Fox and so called outlets even to the right of Fox- but that the 'primary' source of what you spew is the lies from Donald Trump himself.

Sigh. Poor little Trumpette. Just because you disagree with the evidence doesn't mean that there isn't any.

We already have Trump admitting to asking two foreign governments to investigate a political rival.
That by itself is something the House can impeach on. We have Trump's actual words as evidence.

The rest? Obstruction of Justice? Pretty strong evidence in the Mueller report, and his obstruction continues in the Impeachment investigation.

Intimidating witnesses and violating the Federal law protecting whistle blowers? Again- Trump's own words.

Now looks like today that Bill Taylor may have confirmed the quid pro quo in Ukraine.

I realize that if you saw Trump shooting someone on 5th Avenue, you would still declare that there is no evidence and still vote for him.

Poor little TDSer...Just because you make up 'evidence' doesn't mean there IS any. OH I get it you actually believed Mr. Schifty.....LOL Trump asked them to investigate CORRUPTION that 'Sleepy Joe' and his son may have been involved in. Remember in 2016 'Ol Joe' wasn't a candidate. And...honestly, you are still whipping that 'dead horse' Mueller?? Too funny!! :abgg2q.jpg:

Rep. Nunes blasts the Dems again.

How is it phony? The evidence is damning to Trump

To me it seems like what you Trumpets are saying is that it shouldn't matter that Trump broke the law. He is above the law. You worship him like Russians worship Putin.

Acting Ukraine Ambassador Bill Taylor testified to the House that President Trump held up military aid to Ukraine until it agreed to investigate Joe Biden.

Trump's busted.

effectively confirming a quid pro quo demand on the part of the White House.

Democrats who were in the room said Taylor’s testimony described a clear connection between U.S. foreign policy and Trump’s political goals, and called it the most damaging account yet for the president, The New York Times reported.

Taylor was called to testify in the impeachment probe earlier this month, after Kurt Volker, the special envoy to Ukraine until his recent resignation, revealed text messages between himself, Taylor and Gordon Sondland, the U.S. envoy to the European Union. In a Sept. 1 text, Taylor expressed concern about a possible quid pro quo between the U.S. and Ukraine. Sondland responded by telling Taylor to “call me.”

“During that phone call, Amb. Sondland told me that President Trump had told him that he wants President [Volodymyr] Zelensky to state publicly that Ukraine will investigate Burisma and alleged Ukrainian interference in the 2016 election,” Taylor said Tuesday in his opening statement, obtained by the Post.

Do you see what Trump was trying to do? It doesn't even matter if Biden is guilty. He just wanted the Ukraine to say they were investigating the Biden's. That would be enough. Trump is a criminal.

Poor little TDSer...Just because you make up 'evidence' doesn't mean there IS any. OH I get it you actually believed Mr. Schifty.....LOL Trump asked them to investigate CORRUPTION that 'Sleepy Joe' and his son may have been involved in. Remember in 2016 'Ol Joe' wasn't a candidate. And...honestly, you are still whipping that 'dead horse' Mueller?? Too funny!! :abgg2q.jpg:

You can't make this stuff up.

The United States’ top diplomat in Ukraine reportedly testified on Tuesday to House lawmakers that President Donald Trump held up military aid to Ukraine until its president agreed to investigate Joe Biden ― effectively confirming a quid pro quo demand on the part of the White House.

Acting Ambassador Bill Taylor’s private testimony for the House impeachment inquiry said it was “crazy” to make the military aid contingent on investigations of Trump’s political rivals

I'm sure cons like you defended Nixon till the minute he was thrown out of office. What ever happened to Nixon defenders? Or Bush defenders? No one today admits defending those two but I'm sure you all existed back then just like you Trumpets exist now. But when they lock Trump up will you still be his defender or will you later on admit he sucked like you now admit Bush sucked?

Thank you for that commentary Morning Joe.

Have you talked to John Brennan lately ?
Report: DOJ Review Of Origins Of Russia Probe Expanded, CIA Officials 'Hiring Lawyers'

If you really think I get all my news from Fox, that's really funny. Especially considering in 2008 I voted for Obama and hated Fox News at the time. That's how I know they're telling the truth . The so-called liberal media which was never really liberal in the first place completely lost its mind after Trump won in 2016.

I have no doubt you get all of your news from Fox and so called outlets even to the right of Fox- but that the 'primary' source of what you spew is the lies from Donald Trump himself.

Taylor’s description of Trump’s position is in sharp contrast to how the president has characterized it. Trump has said many times that there was no quid pro quo, though his acting chief of staff, Mick Mulvaney contradicted that last week. Mulvaney later tried to walk back his remarks.

Taylor, a former Army officer, had been serving as executive vice president at the U.S. Institute of Peace, a nonpartisan think tank founded by Congress, when he was appointed to run the embassy in Kyiv after Yovanovitch was removed before the end of her term following a campaign against her led by Trump’s personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani.

He had served as U.S. ambassador to Ukraine from 2006 to 2009.

“He’s the epitome of a seasoned statesman,” said John Shmorhun, an American who heads the agricultural company AgroGeneration.

Before retiring from government service, Taylor was involved in diplomatic efforts surrounding several major international conflicts. He served in Jerusalem as U.S. envoy to the Quartet of Mideast peacemakers. He oversaw reconstruction in Iraq from 2004 to 2005, and from Kabul coordinated U.S. and international assistance to Afghanistan from 2002 to 2003.

He arrived in Kyiv a month after the sudden departure of Yovanovitch and the inauguration of Ukraine’s new president, prepared to steer the embassy through the transition. He was most likely not prepared for what happened next.

In July, Trump would have his now-famous phone conversation with President Volodymyr Zelenskiy in which he pressed the new Ukrainian president to launch the investigations. Trump at the time had quietly put a hold on nearly $400 million in military aid that Ukraine was counting on in its fight against Russian-backed separatists.

In the follow-up to the call, Taylor exchanged texts with two of Trump’s point men on Ukraine as they were trying to get Zelenskiy to commit to the investigations before setting a date for a coveted White House visit.

In a text message to Sondland on Sept. 1, Taylor bluntly questioned Trump’s motives: “Are we now saying that security assistance and WH meeting are conditioned on investigations?” Sondland, U.S. ambassador to the European Union, told him to call on the phone.

In texts a week later to Sondland and special envoy Volker, Taylor expressed increased concern, calling it “crazy to withhold security assistance for help with a political campaign.” In a reply several hours later, Sondland defended Trump’s intentions and suggested they stop the back-and-forth by text.

Taylor had also texted that not giving the military aid to Ukraine would be his “nightmare” scenario because it would send the wrong message to both Kyiv and Moscow: “The Russians love it. (And I quit).”

Top Diplomat To Ukraine Provides 'Disturbing' Account In House Impeachment Probe | HuffPost

Taylor’s description of Trump’s position is in sharp contrast to how the president has characterized it. Trump has said many times that there was no quid pro quo, though his acting chief of staff, Mick Mulvaney contradicted that last week. Mulvaney later tried to walk back his remarks.

Taylor, a former Army officer, had been serving as executive vice president at the U.S. Institute of Peace, a nonpartisan think tank founded by Congress, when he was appointed to run the embassy in Kyiv after Yovanovitch was removed before the end of her term following a campaign against her led by Trump’s personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani.

“He’s the epitome of a seasoned statesman,” said John Shmorhun, an American who heads the agricultural company AgroGeneration.

Before retiring from government service, Taylor was involved in diplomatic efforts surrounding several major international conflicts. He served in Jerusalem as U.S. envoy to the Quartet of Mideast peacemakers. He oversaw reconstruction in Iraq from 2004 to 2005, and from Kabul coordinated U.S. and international assistance to Afghanistan from 2002 to 2003.

He arrived in Kyiv a month after the sudden departure of Yovanovitch and the inauguration of Ukraine’s new president, prepared to steer the embassy through the transition. He was most likely not prepared for what happened next.

In July, Trump would have his now-famous phone conversation with President Volodymyr Zelenskiy in which he pressed the new Ukrainian president to launch the investigations. Trump at the time had quietly put a hold on nearly $400 million in military aid that Ukraine was counting on in its fight against Russian-backed separatists.

In the follow-up to the call, Taylor exchanged texts with two of Trump’s point men on Ukraine as they were trying to get Zelenskiy to commit to the investigations before setting a date for a coveted White House visit.

In a text message to Sondland on Sept. 1, Taylor bluntly questioned Trump’s motives: “Are we now saying that security assistance and WH meeting are conditioned on investigations?” Sondland, U.S. ambassador to the European Union, told him to call on the phone.

In texts a week later to Sondland and special envoy Volker, Taylor expressed increased concern, calling it “crazy to withhold security assistance for help with a political campaign.” In a reply several hours later, Sondland defended Trump’s intentions and suggested they stop the back-and-forth by text.

Taylor had also texted that not giving the military aid to Ukraine would be his “nightmare” scenario because it would send the wrong message to both Kyiv and Moscow: “The Russians love it. (And I quit).”

Top Diplomat To Ukraine Provides 'Disturbing' Account In House Impeachment Probe | HuffPost

Oh yeah, "Taylor exchanged texts"....."Taylor expressed increased concern".....Only, Taylor was not involved in the actual call and we have the actual text of that call.

Nice fiction writing...now for the truth from Zelenskiy....The guy you SAY was coerced.

"KYIV, Ukraine (AP) — Ukraine’s president said Tuesday that no one explained to him why millions of dollars in U.S. military aid to his country was delayed, dismissing suggestions that President Donald Trump froze the funding to pressure Ukraine to investigate Democratic rival Joe Biden"

Ukraine's leader: Trump didn't use US military aid as lever

Whoops....Another fake allegation bites the dust.

Oh yeah, "Taylor exchanged texts"....."Taylor expressed increased concern".....Only, Taylor was not involved in the actual call and we have the actual text of that call.

Nice fiction writing...now for the truth from Zelenskiy....The guy you SAY was coerced.

"KYIV, Ukraine (AP) — Ukraine’s president said Tuesday that no one explained to him why millions of dollars in U.S. military aid to his country was delayed, dismissing suggestions that President Donald Trump froze the funding to pressure Ukraine to investigate Democratic rival Joe Biden"

What fiction writing?
The actual texts- that Trump attempted to prevent Americans from seeing were not 'fiction'

"As I said on the phone, I think it's crazy to withhold security assistance for help with a political campaign," Taylor texted Sondland on September 9.

But lets look at today's testimony shall we?
US' top diplomat Taylor was told Trump wanted aid withheld until Ukraine said it would investigate Biden - CNNPolitics

Taylor testified that US Ambassador to the European Union Gordon Sondland told him he'd made a mistake by telling the Ukrainian officials that a White House meeting with Zelensky "was dependent on a public announcement of the investigations."
"In fact, Ambassador Sondland said, 'everything' was dependent on such an announcement, including security assistance," Taylor testified, adding that Trump wanted Zelensky "in a public box" by making a statement about ordering the investigations.

READ: Top US diplomat to Ukraine's opening statement for impeachment inquiry

Taylor says he was told by a National Security Council official that Trump told Sondland he had insisted Zelensky "go to a microphone and say he is opening investigations of Biden and 2016 interference."
"Ambassador Sondland said that he had talked to President Zelensky and Mr. Yermak and told them that, although this was not a quid pro quo, if President Zelensky did not 'clear things up' in public, we could be at a 'stalemate.' I understood 'stalemate to mean that Ukraine would not receive the much-needed military assistance," Taylor testified.

You know, it took over 2 years for Nixon to be investigated. So far, the investigation on Trump has only been a couple of months, so you guys need to wait for a bit.

If the investigation yields information that says Trump did something wrong, then they will hold a vote to impeach in the House. If they vote to impeach in the House, then it goes to the Senate, where the impeachment trial is held, and the Senate must vote 2/3 in favor of impeachment in order for Trump to be removed.

You Trumpsters are so busy parroting the things your dear leader says that you are not able to actually understand what is happening. You just think that if Trump says it, it must be true.
If that's truly what you believe you're in for a very rude awakening soon.

What part of the impeachment process did I get wrong? Or, are you referring to my comment that said Trump supporters will parrot whatever Trump tells them to? Both are factually correct.

Probably the part where there is no evidence?

That's what the investigation is for stupid. You do the investigation, and then the House votes on what they think should happen. IF it passes the House, then it goes to the Senate where they hold a trial for impeachment. IF the Senate votes for impeachment by 2/3, then Trump is removed from office. Currently, they are investigating to see if he has done anything to be impeached for.

You know, it took over 2 years for Nixon to be investigated. So far, the investigation on Trump has only been a couple of months, so you guys need to wait for a bit.

If the investigation yields information that says Trump did something wrong, then they will hold a vote to impeach in the House. If they vote to impeach in the House, then it goes to the Senate, where the impeachment trial is held, and the Senate must vote 2/3 in favor of impeachment in order for Trump to be removed.

You Trumpsters are so busy parroting the things your dear leader says that you are not able to actually understand what is happening. You just think that if Trump says it, it must be true.

What part of the impeachment process did I get wrong? Or, are you referring to my comment that said Trump supporters will parrot whatever Trump tells them to? Both are factually correct.

That's what the investigation is for stupid. You do the investigation, and then the House votes on what they think should happen. IF it passes the House, then it goes to the Senate where they hold a trial for impeachment. IF the Senate votes for impeachment by 2/3, then Trump is removed from office. Currently, they are investigating to see if he has done anything to be impeached for.

Ha! Ha! Man that’s funny! “Investigating to see if he has done anything to be impeached for” . Talk about desperation!

Ha! Ha! Man that’s funny! “Investigating to see if he has done anything to be impeached for” . Talk about desperation!
But wait.... didn't Trump ask Zelensky to investigate Biden to see if he had done anything to be indicted for??

Don’t play stupid. Good lawyer arguments for the indefensible

If this is what you Democrats want, then don't come crying to us when a Democratic President is hounded from his or her first day in office. Vive la Resistance! Fuck cooperation! Yeah that is what America is all about!

Don’t play stupid. Good lawyer arguments for the indefensible

What good lawyer arguments? You have not posted any.

If this is what you Democrats want, then don't come crying to us when a Democratic President is hounded from his or her first day in office. Vive la Resistance! Fuck cooperation! Yeah that is what America is all about!
Ya mean like Republicans did to Bill Clinton?

Ya mean like Republicans did to Bill Clinton?
That would be great! If Trump could have 5 years where he could actually focus on being President just like Bill Clinton had. Donald Trump didn't get 5 years, he got maybe 5 weeks? 5 days? It wasn't much before The Resistance and Pussy Hats were marching.

Forum List

Back