This is a close election.

There are no intellectual Trump supporters who look at what he proposes and takes it seriously...much less believes it. His campaign commercials have gotten more brazenly crazy about how he will "create" 10M jobs in 10 months. There may be 10 million more people working now than there is in January 2021...he will have created very few of those jobs.
Its just one lie after another. And there are a lot of voters who disregard what they know lies. Which is why this is a closer race than it should be. Such is our system.

I think it's more along the lines of the people who voted for Trump last time just can't admit they made a mistake.

No matter how bad he messes things up.

The key thing about the other incumbents who lost (Discounting Ford, who was never elected to start with) was that a viable third party allows you to not vote for the incumbent without admitting you made a mistake. A lot of liberals voted for Anderson and a lot of conservatives voted for Perot, which allowed them deniability.

I do think that no matter how this turns out, Trump will still get 45% of the vote. That's the Republican Floor.

It won't be enough, though, because Biden will get at least 51% and will win at least the Rust Belt Three. You won't see as many people staying home and you won't see as many people wasting their votes on third parties.

I'm a fan of a tiered Voting system. I only learned about it this year watching some theoretical physicists (ironically) go off on a tangent about Politics during their discussion on the fundamental make-up of the Universe(lol).

Tiered Voting un-fucks us from the two-party system which leaves most sane folks feeling like they had no viable choices. There's a lot of built-in incongruities that it takes care of.

I would much, much rather see a system of runoff elections than tiered. I don't think people will give as much thought to their second choice and they will end up with some weird results.

Let's take 1992 as an example. If you had a runoff, Perot would have been eliminated in the first round. Then it would have been a straight up race between Clinton and Bush, both of whom would have to actually address the issues that Perot's voters were concerned about, mostly the debt and NAFTA being their big issues.

Instead, what you had was Bush supporting NAFTA, Perot opposing it and Clinton, being as slick as he often was, playing both sides before selling out on the issue. A straight up fight to appeal to those voters in a second round would have brought clarity to the issue.

Tiered Voting un-fucks us from the two-party system which leaves most sane folks feeling like they had no viable choices.
Sane folks KNOW we have a clear choice
I don't think so...I think they're cautiously optimistic and slightly naïve. Life hasn't actually changed all that much over the course of modern Presidents, in perspective. Most of the change is merely in what people are whining about. Typically, people on the fringes.

Just because Trump whines about Law & Order and America first and all of these jingoistic terms to pull on your heart booties...doesn't automatically & necessarily preclude the Millions of Voters who Vote for other persons or parties from believing in same.

I'm a fan of a tiered Voting system. I only learned about it this year watching some theoretical physicists (ironically) go off on a tangent about Politics during their discussion on the fundamental make-up of the Universe(lol).

Tiered Voting un-fucks us from the two-party system which leaves most sane folks feeling like they had no viable choices. There's a lot of built-in incongruities that it takes care of.

I would much, much rather see a system of runoff elections than tiered. I don't think people will give as much thought to their second choice and they will end up with some weird results.

Let's take 1992 as an example. If you had a runoff, Perot would have been eliminated in the first round. Then it would have been a straight up race between Clinton and Bush, both of whom would have to actually address the issues that Perot's voters were concerned about, mostly the debt and NAFTA being their big issues.

Instead, what you had was Bush supporting NAFTA, Perot opposing it and Clinton, being as slick as he often was, playing both sides before selling out on the issue. A straight up fight to appeal to those voters in a second round would have brought clarity to the issue.
In strictly pragmatic terms, the more choice the better the outcome in terms of quality. Of course the world isn't so black and white and there's other factors at play, but to me...it's certainly a step in the right direction and I have more confidence that folks would, indeed, give thought to their second and third choices just like they do for MVP Voting in sports...considering candidates in job interviews...choices of schools and Counties to live in, etc.

They tend to have a back-up plan if their rosey/idealistic world doesn't come to fruition.

Any poll of LIKELY VOTERS in a true battleground state that doesn't have the race within 5% either way should be discarded.
You are one-in-a-million, CC.

Yeah... we know even legit pollsters struggle to measure support for Trump - as we saw in 2016 - and many don't really seem to try.

There is a political agenda in everything these days ... except fishing.

1602588708254.png

Any poll of LIKELY VOTERS in a true battleground state that doesn't have the race within 5% either way should be discarded.
You are one-in-a-million, CC.

Yeah... we know even legit pollsters struggle to measure support for Trump - as we saw in 2016 - and many don't really seem to try.

There is a political agenda in everything these days ... except fishing.

View attachment 400954
There's also the fact that a lot of polls in 2016 were not all that far off. They had Hillary ahead by slightly above the margin of error, she won the popular Vote to right at the edge of the margin of error, and they over-sampled the College Educated which tend to lean Democratic.

There's been a lot of fixes in the polling methodology since 2016, and despite popular belief...they've got more of a vested interest in being correct than in push-polling for a certain candidate. If they're statistically fucking bananas, they lose their credibility and lose their company. Rasmussen has actually been caught push-polling in the past and then changing their numbers just days before Elections so that when historians take a look back, they'd appear "less wrong." As a result; though, folks who review/study statistics have them rated as only a C, for accuracy. That's below average for polling; however, they keep above water in the sense that they're the push pollster of push-pollster pushers, i.e. the fringes on the right...in spite of them being one of the least accurate pollsters.

While I understand that it is a certain type of psychosis, I am still weirded out by the fact that
Trombies don't have a problem when their dear leader tweets about poll results which are favorable to him.

You fucking morons don't hate polls. You hate poll results.....sometimes.

There are no intellectual Trump supporters who look at what he proposes and takes it seriously...much less believes it. His campaign commercials have gotten more brazenly crazy about how he will "create" 10M jobs in 10 months. There may be 10 million more people working now than there is in January 2021...he will have created very few of those jobs.
Its just one lie after another. And there are a lot of voters who disregard what they know lies. Which is why this is a closer race than it should be. Such is our system.

I think it's more along the lines of the people who voted for Trump last time just can't admit they made a mistake.

No matter how bad he messes things up.

The key thing about the other incumbents who lost (Discounting Ford, who was never elected to start with) was that a viable third party allows you to not vote for the incumbent without admitting you made a mistake. A lot of liberals voted for Anderson and a lot of conservatives voted for Perot, which allowed them deniability.

I do think that no matter how this turns out, Trump will still get 45% of the vote. That's the Republican Floor.

It won't be enough, though, because Biden will get at least 51% and will win at least the Rust Belt Three. You won't see as many people staying home and you won't see as many people wasting their votes on third parties.

Correct.

I liked how he came out the other day and said he wanted MORE than the $2.2T Pelosi was proposing for stimulus:

Can you imagine the look their faces when they saw that when it first hit the wires? They've been fucked so often by Trump that they can't even feel it any more.

/——/ Why? Because it doesn’t fit your narrative?

My narrative is that this is a close election. It fits my narrative just right.
I tend to think same...but it's due to jade and some other things that I'm not allowing the optimism to seep through. The buzz out there is that most folks are sick and fuckin tired of not just Trump himself...but hearing about Trump...seeing Trump, how polarized he makes everything...etc, it really seems like a fed-up with Trump electorate this year and I hope for a humongoid landslide...but I'm kind of thinking it's going to be close, and close isn't good based on Bubble-butt's rhetoric on the process.

I tend to think same...but it's due to jade and some other things that I'm not allowing the optimism to seep through. The buzz out there is that most folks are sick and fuckin tired of not just Trump himself...but hearing about Trump...seeing Trump, how polarized he makes everything...etc, it really seems like a fed-up with Trump electorate this year and I hope for a humongoid landslide...but I'm kind of thinking it's going to be close, and close isn't good based on Bubble-butt's rhetoric on the process.
We shall see.

While I understand that it is a certain type of psychosis, I am still weirded out by the fact that Trombies...
Trombies?? You really should check your psychosis at the door when you post about others.

/——/ And folks, this is the morning update direct from LiberalPropagandaville.

Forum List

Back