This ENTIRE Thing Must Be Rethought

Antares

A Rooincarnation
Nov 7, 2012
Omaha
This isn't working and will not work.

I walked in at 7:30 this morning.....he was sitting there waiting for someone to help him.
He is a divorced father of two...he makes 28000 a year.

His oldest son has had a lung transplant...but CHIP ends 12/31.
His son is in the hospital today....a lung transplant and lymphoma....

He made 28000 last year....he did NOT qualify for a subsidy....the family demographics made it such that he DID NOT make enough to qualify.

Really?

How do you look that father in the eyes and tell him you do make enough money for the Govt to help him.

Let that sink in....

"You do not make enough money to qualify for Gov assistance".

Yet.....in another case a Family making 89 Grand a year with 6 kids gets 1200 bucks help.

• Banned
This is beyond partisan bickering...this is lives and economic survival.
This could be fixed, it really could.

I walked in at 7:30 this morning.....he was sitting there waiting for someone to help him.

He made 28000 last year....he did NOT qualify for a subsidy....the family demographics made it such that he DID NOT make enough to qualify.

Really?

How do you look that father in the eyes and tell him you do make enough money for the Govt to help him.

Let that sink in....

Is he in a state which didn't set up its own exchange? Those are where the lower income people are falling through the cracks, right? Coz Dems set things up assuming they could force the states to go along with expanding Medicaid for people who made more than poverty level?

Why did they do that? Was that part of some gimmick so they could get the legislation billed as costing less than it actually did?

• Banned

Really?

Let that sink in....

Is he in a state which didn't set up its own exchange? Those are where the lower income people are falling through the cracks, right? Coz Dems set things up assuming they could force the states to go along with expanding Medicaid for people who made more than poverty level?

Why did they do that? Was that part of some gimmick so they could get the legislation billed as costing less than it actually did?

Is he in a state which didn't set up its own exchange?

Yes...but Medicaid will not cover out of state care...one thing I need to research is how LONG the Fed would have in kicked money for Medicaid expansion.
This has become a battle between Federal and State spending.

Those are where the lower income people are falling through the cracks, right?

Yes, baseline is 11500 for a young single...

Why did they do that? Was that part of some gimmick so they could get the legislation billed as costing less than it actually did

In my opinion, and I stress IN MY OPINION this has become push ans shove match between the Feds and the States.

his ENTIRE Thing Must Be Rethought
And that’s the problem: you and others on the right don’t want to do any thinking – just attack and tear down.

Perhaps if republicans had worked with the president and democrats in 2009 to develop a plan to allow all Americans access to affordable healthcare, a more efficient proposal would have been realized.

But no, the partisan right had to use healthcare reform as a political weapon, and tried everything it could to derail what is in essence a republican plan, a plan the president put forth in good faith to help all Americans.

Last, with all the whining the right has done about the ACA, not one conservative has put forward a viable plan that will indeed ensure all American have access to affordable healthcare.

And that’s the problem: you and others on the right don’t want to do any thinking – just attack and tear down.

Perhaps if republicans had worked with the president and democrats in 2009 to develop a plan to allow all Americans access to affordable healthcare, a more efficient proposal would have been realized.

But no, the partisan right had to use healthcare reform as a political weapon, and tried everything it could to derail what is in essence a republican plan, a plan the president put forth in good faith to help all Americans.

Last, with all the whining the right has done about the ACA, not one conservative has put forward a viable plan that will indeed ensure all American have access to affordable healthcare.

Move along kid.
Go be partisan somewhere else because right now you are part of the problem.

Really?

Let that sink in....

Yes...but Medicaid will not cover out of state care...one thing I need to research is how LONG the Fed would have in kicked money for Medicaid expansion.

Why did they do that? Was that part of some gimmick so they could get the legislation billed as costing less than it actually did

In my opinion, and I stress IN MY OPINION this has become push ans shove match between the Feds and the States.

I'm just curious about what prompted that cut off to begin with. Why did they say the states would be responsible for covering people between 100% and 133% of poverty level but people under 100% and over 133% would get help through federal programs? (Pardon me if I have some details wrong on that.) This is probably a subject for another thread. But I'm curious. Why did they create that donut hole? What was the logic?

The ACA was passed without much (if any) knowledge of its contents. That's how the Left thinks. How many Republicans voted for it? Not the thinking Republicans.

It's a train wreck and a disaster. Tens of millions yet to sign up, and so much shit is already coming out of the woodwork it's almost laughable.

Perhaps a more efficient proposal would have been realized if Democrats had worked on crafting legislation they could pass without lying about it ... and if they had taken the time to make sure the majority of Americans were on board with what they passed instead of going against the public will and condescendingly saying the equivalent of "you're too stupid to understand this now but you'll love this once you figure out what's in it".

Democrats still haven't come up with a viable plan to ensure all Americans have access to affordable healthcare and you're faulting Republicans for not doing so?

The nation is now paying the price for Democratic arrogance and laziness.

Last edited:

I'm just curious about what prompted that cut off to begin with. Why did they say the states would be responsible for covering people between 100% and 133% of poverty level but people under 100% and over 133% would get help through federal programs? (Pardon me if I have some details wrong on that.) This is probably a subject for another thread. But I'm curious. Why did they create that donut hole? What was the logic?

I don't have those answers.
I wish I did.

I wish this morning had never happened.

as an emergency fix - the kid should be moved to the state where he gets treatments - ASAP.

If the father has to quit that low paying job - he has to do it.

I know it is drastic, but that is the only way to get help.

as long as he is in the hospital - he will get treatment, but chemo and immunodeprssants are very expensive.
he aslo needs to get to the social worker of the hospital - ASAP - they have emergency medicaid possibilities in certain situations.

where is the mom?
or other family members.

this is URGENT.

This is beyond partisan bickering...this is lives and economic survival.
This could be fixed, it really could.

This bill passed in 2009. They have had years to review and FIX it. They haven't fixed anything, it just gets worse and worse by the day.

They need to scrap this POS and start over again--with BI-PARTISAN support.

Forum List

Back