They keep releasing gun criminals, they even release school shooters.....this is insane.

Uh, guy, if we put gun control on the ballot, you guys would lose.

Most Americans are sick and tired of your fetish and it's accompanying body counts.
If you are suggesting a vote outlawing the civilian ownership of firearms donā€™t be so sure you will win.

There was a big rush to buy firearms during the recent BLM riots. Gun stores sold out all their guns and ammo. The gun store owners said first time gun owners were largely responsible for the shortages. They realized they could no longer rely on the police to respond quickly to save their asses when the bad guys were breaking down their doors (as if they ever could).

In many big cities today when the shit hits the fan you are responsible for your own safety. The cops will arrive after things settle down to put up crime scene tape.

Many cops today have turned reactive and are far less proactive. They found many people despise them so why should they risk their lives in a gun fight with some bad guys or take the chance of ending up in prison if they are seen as exceeding or abusing their authorized techniques for subduing a person. Many are leaving law enforcement. The job doesnā€™t pay enough to compensate for what a cop has to deal with on a daily basis.

Also most people are smart enough to realize the bad guys are not going to turn in their firearms. Many honest citizens would decide to keep their firearms and the hell with the law. They might end up in prison for defending their family but at least they had the weapons to do so.

So you would have this nice law that says civilians canā€™t own firearms but both the bad guys and many good guys refuse to turn them in. Are you going to volunteer to go out and confiscate those weapons? I know from talking to the local police most are not interested in taking guns away from honest people. They have enough problems taking them away from criminals.

Worked for Clinton in 1994........right?

1994 had nothing to do with gun control. It had to do with redistricting and that out of office parties always gain in midterms.

Most Americans want stricter gun laws. In 1992, 62% wanted stricter gun laws.

1632304497170.png

If you are suggesting a vote outlawing the civilian ownership of firearms donā€™t be so sure you will win.

There was a big rush to buy firearms during the recent BLM riots. Gun stores sold out all their guns and ammo. The gun store owners said first time gun owners were largely responsible for the shortages. They realized they could no longer rely on the police to respond quickly to save their asses when the bad guys were breaking down their doors (as if they ever could).

Actually, the people who rushed to gun stores are the same gun fetishists who stock up on guns and bullets all the time anyway.

In many big cities today when the shit hits the fan you are responsible for your own safety. The cops will arrive after things settle down to put up crime scene tape.

Many cops today have turned reactive and are far less proactive. They found many people despise them so why should they risk their lives in a gun fight with some bad guys or take the chance of ending up in prison if they are seen as exceeding or abusing their authorized techniques for subduing a person. Many are leaving law enforcement. The job doesnā€™t pay enough to compensate for what a cop has to deal with on a daily basis.

Um, actually, not really true. Cops really aren't leaving law enforcement. They'll whine and bitch, but they won't give up those cush jobs.

Once we actually do put the losses in the context of all other industries, the reality becomes clear: We actually have not seen a massive decline in the number of police compared to drops in employment in other fields. Over at The Marshall Project, reporters looked at the actual numbers coming out of the Bureau of Labor Statistics. In reality, police employment has been fairly stable, losing less than 1 percentā€”4,000 jobsā€”during 2020.

The losses actually followed several years of expanded police job growth, essentially returning it back to numbers from just a couple of years ago.

The Marshall Project also notes that the defunding of the police that we keep hearing about is not really happening. The Biden administration is allowing cities to use the $350 billion in COVID relief funding to hire more officers. Peter Moskos, a professor at the John Jay College of Criminal Justice, told The Marshall Project that many of the officers who retired were likely to retire in the next couple of years anyway; police departments' generous pension programs discourage officers from just up and quitting, but it does explain whyā€”as America has become a stressful place to be a cop in the last two yearsā€”police officers who have reached retirement age might not want to bother padding the payout instead of taking the money and heading for the door.

So you would have this nice law that says civilians canā€™t own firearms but both the bad guys and many good guys refuse to turn them in. Are you going to volunteer to go out and confiscate those weapons? I know from talking to the local police most are not interested in taking guns away from honest people. They have enough problems taking them away from criminals.

Naw, I'm not going to do that. That's what we have the ATF for.

1632304623554.png

Whose got the marshmallows?

1994 had nothing to do with gun control. It had to do with redistricting and that out of office parties always gain in midterms.

View attachment 542462

1994 had nothing to do with gun control. It had to do with redistricting

Redistricting impacted the 1992 elections.

Most Americans want stricter gun laws.

Biden should definitely push for that. And higher taxes and more illegal aliens.

View attachment 542462
Define stricter gun laws.

The fact that Americans want stricter gun control does not mean they want draconian gun control. For example I want to see stricter gun laws. I want to see any person who straw purchases a firearm for another person be charged as an accessory to any crime that firearm is involved in. I want future gun laws to focus more on disarming criminals and less on disarming honest citizens.

Actually, the people who rushed to gun stores are the same gun fetishists who stock up on guns and bullets all the time anyway.
Actually many gun owners in this buying frenzy are first time liberal gun owners.

Um, actually, not really true. Cops really aren't leaving law enforcement. They'll whine and bitch, but they won't give up those cush jobs.

Once we actually do put the losses in the context of all other industries, the reality becomes clear: We actually have not seen a massive decline in the number of police compared to drops in employment in other fields. Over at The Marshall Project, reporters looked at the actual numbers coming out of the Bureau of Labor Statistics. In reality, police employment has been fairly stable, losing less than 1 percentā€”4,000 jobsā€”during 2020.

The losses actually followed several years of expanded police job growth, essentially returning it back to numbers from just a couple of years ago.

The Marshall Project also notes that the defunding of the police that we keep hearing about is not really happening. The Biden administration is allowing cities to use the $350 billion in COVID relief funding to hire more officers. Peter Moskos, a professor at the John Jay College of Criminal Justice, told The Marshall Project that many of the officers who retired were likely to retire in the next couple of years anyway; police departments' generous pension programs discourage officers from just up and quitting, but it does explain whyā€”as America has become a stressful place to be a cop in the last two yearsā€”police officers who have reached retirement age might not want to bother padding the payout instead of taking the money and heading for the door.
The locals where I live in Florida are not leaving their jobs but Florida is not having riots. That could be because we have a damn good Governor who will not put up with shit. Police are leaving their jobs in cities run by democrats who kiss the butts of BLM and Antifa rioters. Note the first following link comes from the uber liberal CNN.

Naw, I'm not going to do that. That's what we have the ATF for.

View attachment 542463
Whose got the marshmallows?
A few more screwups like the Waco siege and this country will spit apart. At the rate the old demented fool, President Joe Biden, is going that may just happen anyway.

Redistricting impacted the 1992 elections.

Yes, it did. But the overwhelming victory by Clinton in 1992 nullified redistricting advantages.

A few more screwups like the Waco siege and this country will spit apart. At the rate the old demented fool, President Joe Biden, is going that may just happen anyway.

Nobody but other gun nuts were upset that we weenie roasted Child Molestors at Waco.

The locals where I live in Florida are not leaving their jobs but Florida is not having riots. That could be because we have a damn good Governor who will not put up with shit. Police are leaving their jobs in cities run by democrats who kiss the butts of BLM and Antifa rioters. Note the first following link comes from the uber liberal CNN.

Really? I guess these people didn't get the message.

Define stricter gun laws.

The fact that Americans want stricter gun control does not mean they want draconian gun control. For example I want to see stricter gun laws. I want to see any person who straw purchases a firearm for another person be charged as an accessory to any crime that firearm is involved in. I want future gun laws to focus more on disarming criminals and less on disarming honest citizens.

Here's what I would like to see. (Frankly, I'd be fine with banning all private gun ownership, but I'm willing to comprimise).

Strict background checks. If your family or boss thinks you are a nut, NO GUN FOR YOU!
Allowing victims of gun violence to bring suit against gun sellers and manufacturers
Red Flag Laws... The government can take your guns if you are having a mental breakdown. (This would have saved my neighbor)
Weapons that are primarily battlefield weapons should not be available to the public.

The problem with the whole "honest citizen/criminal" debate is that 87% of gun homicides are people who know their killers. 35% of them are people who kill family members. A gun in the home is 43 times more likely to kill a household member than a bad guy. There isn't a hoard of criminals you need to protect yourself from. We have met the enemy and he is us.

Yes, it did. But the overwhelming victory by Clinton in 1992 nullified redistricting advantages.

Nobody but other gun nuts were upset that we weenie roasted Child Molestors at Waco.

Here's what I would like to see. (Frankly, I'd be fine with banning all private gun ownership, but I'm willing to comprimise).

Strict background checks. If your family or boss thinks you are a nut, NO GUN FOR YOU!
Allowing victims of gun violence to bring suit against gun sellers and manufacturers
Red Flag Laws... The government can take your guns if you are having a mental breakdown. (This would have saved my neighbor)
Weapons that are primarily battlefield weapons should not be available to the public.

The problem with the whole "honest citizen/criminal" debate is that 87% of gun homicides are people who know their killers. 35% of them are people who kill family members. A gun in the home is 43 times more likely to kill a household member than a bad guy. There isn't a hoard of criminals you need to protect yourself from. We have met the enemy and he is us.

But the overwhelming victory by Clinton in 1992 nullified redistricting advantages.

Overwhelming? Why do you feel that? What percentage of the vote is overwhelming?

Killing the women and children didn't upset you?

A gun in the home is 43 times more likely to kill a household member than a bad guy.

Bullshit stats are fun!!! You have any more?

I canā€™t believe you saidā€¦

You just reinforced my views on gun ownership. We need firearms to protect ourselves from heartless bastards like you. Exactly what had the children at Waco done to deserve being burnt alive?

I have no problem with background checks. I have no idea what you mean by ā€œstrictā€ background checks. Likely you would forbid a person from owning a firearm if he had ever been caught jaywalking. If I sell a person a firearm he has to first show me a valid concealed weapons permit. In my state you have to have a background check to get a concealed weapons permit.

If you can sue a gun manufacturer for the misuse of a firearm then I should be able to sue Ford Motor Co. because some fool with a Ford vehicle got drunk and ran into my car injuring me.

If you were able to outlaw civilian ownership of firearms the honest fools who turned their weapons in would be at the mercy of the armed criminal element. Home invasions would be far more common as would street crime. Street criminals take a certain risk when they decide to rob or mug some person walking down the street. It can ruin their entire day when their target pulls his concealed firearms and they shit their pants.

If you are truly having a mental breakdown I have no problem if the authorities confiscate your firearms. If your ex-wife or boss suggests you have mental issues your guns may be confiscated temporarily and you should be examined by a professional If you are found totally sane you should be able to sue your accuser.

Killing the women and children didn't upset you?
Naw, less religious nutbags in the world is a good thing.

Bullshit stats are fun!!! You have any more?

Yes, you guys are freaked out the the Truth of Kellerman

You just reinforced my views on gun ownership. We need firearms to protect ourselves from heartless bastards like you. Exactly what had the children at Waco done to deserve being burnt alive?

They belonged to a whacked out cult. Their parents could have sent them out of that building at any time. They chose to hold on to them and burn themselves to death because their cult leader realized what they do to Chomos in prison.

I have no problem with background checks. I have no idea what you mean by ā€œstrictā€ background checks. Likely you would forbid a person from owning a firearm if he had ever been caught jaywalking. If I sell a person a firearm he has to first show me a valid concealed weapons permit. In my state you have to have a background check to get a concealed weapons permit.

I would say a background check that was at least as thorough as the one I got when I applied for my last job. They checked if I had a criminal record. They checked with my previous employers and coworkers. They checked my credit history and they gave me a drug test.

The problem with the background checks we do now is that they are incomplete. So you hear about someone who had been to prison but STILL was able to buy the gun he shot five coworkers with the day he got fired.

If you can sue a gun manufacturer for the misuse of a firearm then I should be able to sue Ford Motor Co. because some fool with a Ford vehicle got drunk and ran into my car injuring me.

If Ford was selling cars that looked like THIS...

1632477289125.png

You might have a point.

If you were able to outlaw civilian ownership of firearms the honest fools who turned their weapons in would be at the mercy of the armed criminal element. Home invasions would be far more common as would street crime. Street criminals take a certain risk when they decide to rob or mug some person walking down the street. It can ruin their entire day when their target pulls his concealed firearms and they shit their pants.

Oh, this is horseshit. Most of western Europe and Japan ban or limit who can own a gun, they have VERY LITTLE crime.

The problem- and I'll say it again- MOST GUN DEATHS ARE DOMESTIC VIOLENCE AND SUICIDE. A gun in the home is 43 times more likely to kill a household member than a bad guy. I've never been held up with a gun. I did have a neighbor who shot himself after letting bullets fly in our Condo parking lot.

If you are truly having a mental breakdown I have no problem if the authorities confiscate your firearms. If your ex-wife or boss suggests you have mental issues your guns may be confiscated temporarily and you should be examined by a professional If you are found totally sane you should be able to sue your accuser.

For what? "Oh, I didn't have my gun for a whole day while they figured out if I was nuts or not. The Horror. The Horror." This is the main problem I have with you gun fetishists.... You think the whole world should bend to your fetish.

Holy fuck, what a moron.

Germans have access to guns, with a license, a psych exam if you're under 25, demonstrate a need for the weapon and have insurance.

Mass shooting with a shotgun?
Pump shotguns are banned, so much for your mass shootings, dumbass.

'The guy in Kerch, Russia, killed 20 people, wounded 70 people, with the local police station 100 yards away...you idiot'.
NOT GERMANY, RETARD.

12 people? WTF?

shithead, it was a legal shotgun, jist like the germans have access to shotguns you moron. It doesn't matter what laws or checks they have, a mass public shooter will pass all of them they have no prior criminal record you idiot

Holy fuck, what a moron.

Germans have access to guns, with a license, a psych exam if you're under 25, demonstrate a need for the weapon and have insurance.

Mass shooting with a shotgun?
Pump shotguns are banned, so much for your mass shootings, dumbass.

'The guy in Kerch, Russia, killed 20 people, wounded 70 people, with the local police station 100 yards away...you idiot'.
NOT GERMANY, RETARD.

12 people? WTF?

Shithead the cumbria shooter in Britain murdered 13 with a double barrel sawn off shot gun and a bolt action. .22 rifle.

you dont know what you are talking about. Try to actually research the topic before you post

shithead, it was a legal shotgun, jist like the germans have access to shotguns you moron. It doesn't matter what laws or checks they have, a mass public shooter will pass all of them they have no prior criminal record you idiot
No shit, you dumbass.

Most Germans aren't crack pots like Trumpaciles, a few, get through.

Not with the orange retard.
He lets all of his cult have guns.

President Donald Trump responded to the El Paso and Dayton mass shootings by insisting Monday that ā€œmental illness pulls the trigger not the gun,ā€ but shortly after taking office he quietly rolled back an Obama-era regulation that would have made it harder for people with mental illness to buy guns.

So, ironic.
What a retard.

Shithead the cumbria shooter in Britain murdered 13 with a double barrel sawn off shot gun and a bolt action. .22 rifle.

you dont know what you are talking about. Try to actually research the topic before you post
I did.
In like fourth grade.

Great Britain is an island in the North Atlantic Ocean off the northwest coast of continental Europe. With an area of 209,331 km2 (80,823 sq mi), it is the largest of the British Isles, the largest European island, and the ninth-largest island in the world.

Germany is situated between the Baltic and North seas to the north, and the Alps to the south; covering an area of 357,022 square kilometres (137,847 sq mi), with a population of over 83 million within its 16 constituent states. It borders Denmark to the north, Poland and the Czech Republic to the east, Austria and Switzerland to the south, and France, Luxembourg, Belgium, and the Netherlands to the west.

Who would have thought..........................they're like, two different countries, moron.

They belonged to a whacked out cult. Their parents could have sent them out of that building at any time. They chose to hold on to them and burn themselves to death because their cult leader realized what they do to Chomos in prison.

I would say a background check that was at least as thorough as the one I got when I applied for my last job. They checked if I had a criminal record. They checked with my previous employers and coworkers. They checked my credit history and they gave me a drug test.

The problem with the background checks we do now is that they are incomplete. So you hear about someone who had been to prison but STILL was able to buy the gun he shot five coworkers with the day he got fired.

View attachment 543308

You might have a point.

Oh, this is horseshit. Most of western Europe and Japan ban or limit who can own a gun, they have VERY LITTLE crime.

The problem- and I'll say it again- MOST GUN DEATHS ARE DOMESTIC VIOLENCE AND SUICIDE. A gun in the home is 43 times more likely to kill a household member than a bad guy. I've never been held up with a gun. I did have a neighbor who shot himself after letting bullets fly in our Condo parking lot.

For what? "Oh, I didn't have my gun for a whole day while they figured out if I was nuts or not. The Horror. The Horror." This is the main problem I have with you gun fetishists.... You think the whole world should bend to your fetish.
1632484747328.png

Typical liberal.

No shit, you dumbass.

Most Germans aren't crack pots like Trumpaciles, a few, get through.

Not with the orange retard.
He lets all of his cult have guns.

President Donald Trump responded to the El Paso and Dayton mass shootings by insisting Monday that ā€œmental illness pulls the trigger not the gun,ā€ but shortly after taking office he quietly rolled back an Obama-era regulation that would have made it harder for people with mental illness to buy guns.

So, ironic.
What a retard.

Again.....the ACLU and 23 other mental health organizations pushed for that roll back you shit head..

You anti-gun extremists lie....all the time, then you wonder why we resist your stupid ideas.

View attachment 543308

You might have a point.

It sounds like you had a background check similiar to a government security clearance. Such clearances require a lot of manpower are donā€™t come cheap. Of course you would require the potential gun owner to pay the total cost.

One of the major problems with NICS background checks is the states and the military donā€™t update the federal database often enough.

You say you have never been held up by someone. Neither have I. I do know people who have. If it does happen it will likely only happen once in your life time.

I remember an incident that happened to two of my co-workers. They had a hobby of using magnetic detectors to search sites for coins and jewelry.

One chilly winter Sunday morning in downtown Tampa they were searching a site where a building had recently been torn down.

Up walks a guy who pulls a butcher knife and demands their money.

One of my co-workers pulls his jacket back to reveal a pistol in a shoulder holster.

The thug turns and walks away swearing.

The WACO incident was a total government screw up.

Japan does not have the racial diversity that the United States has and until recently neither did most of Europe. We also have a drug problem in our nation. The drug gangs that deal illegal drugs often shoot at each other and kill both other gang members and innocent people. (Note: I have absolutely no problem with laws that take guns away from criminals or for that matter take criminals away.)

Obviously there are fewer civilian owned firearms in the UK and Europe so there would be fewer crimes committed with these weapons. In the United States there are more firearms than people.

Britain may not have a gun problem but it has a knife problem. It also is not a peaceful paradise.

Crime is going up in our nation today largely because of BLM riots and hatred of the police have turned cops from proactive to reactive. Plus in some cities crimes like shoplifting are no longer enforced. Up to the last few years the crime rate was falling despite the fact that gun sales were high. More guns did not mean more crimes. Unfortunately the way we are treating our police today will mean higher crime tomorrow. Thatā€™s why even liberals who once wanted to ban civilian ownership of firearms are first time gun buyers today.

1632512814479.png

Again.....the ACLU and 23 other mental health organizations pushed for that roll back you shit head..

You anti-gun extremists lie....all the time, then you wonder why we resist your stupid ideas.

Uh, yeah.... these aren't the people you want to side with.

Every time you see a homeless person screaming at a lamp post, you can thank the ACLU and the 23 other mental health organizations that made this possible.

Forum List

Back