These fuel prices are ridiculous

No the point of the pipeline was to bring oil to refineries.
False. Refineries can be built in Canada. And the terminus is currently in the Midwest, where the oil goes to refineries in the Midwest. The point of the pipeline was to be able to more easily transport the oil around the world to sell on the global market, from its terminus near the Gulf of Mexico. You just don't know what you are talking about.

Last edited:
What the hell does heavy crude have to do with natural gas, or what I said about it?

If you can't follow your own arguments, just stick with babbling ideological platitudes. You're the one linking 'oil shortages' nad high prices with the crappy sludge flowing in From the Canadian government owned tar pits.

The day pedo and the hoe got elected I predicted 4.00 a gallon in my area. We are well on our way.

$4 a gallon is still pretty cheap; it's the value of the dollar that is declining; decades of low wages make it look like a big increaseto working people, but it is in fact cheaper than it was in 1972, before the 'oil crisis' hit. $1 dollar in 1972 was worth over $6 in 2020 dollars using Federal inflation numbers, which are always less than half of what real inflation is, we get a $4 gallon as about the same price in inflation adjusted dollars as the 36 cents per gallon it was in 1972. With the dramatic drop in demand for gasoline over the last three decades it should be cheaper, but costs have gone up due to changes in chemical formulas and adding that ethanol crap to it.

$4 a gallon is still pretty cheap; it's the value of the dollar that is declining; decades of low wages make it look like a big increaseto working people, but it is in fact cheaper than it was in 1972, before the 'oil crisis' hit. $1 dollar in 1972 was worth over $6 in 2020 dollars using Federal inflation numbers, which are always less than half of what real inflation is, we get a $4 gallon as about the same price in inflation adjusted dollars as the 36 cents per gallon it was in 1972. With the dramatic drop in demand for gasoline over the last three decades it should be cheaper, but costs have gone up due to changes in chemical formulas and adding that ethanol crap to it.
I paid 1.07 during Trumps term. All those excuses existed then too!!!

False. Refineries can be built in Canada. And the terminus is currently in the Midwest, where the oil goes to refineries in the Midwest. The point of the pipeline was to be able to more easily transport the oil around the world to sell on the global market, from its terminus near the Gulf of Mexico. You just don't know what you are talking about.
well if they're built in Canada, then they're not the US's property and it's money and there are already refineries to manufacture the oil. You really hate the luxuries you have. I bet you don't drink out of plastic bottles right? Don't drive any cars, own any plastic home products. Right? you hate oil so so much.

Last edited:
well if they're built in Canada, then they're not the US's property
If they are built on your street, they are not the US's property, ya dumbass. They are owned by private corporations.

Currently that oil goes to the terminus, which sits in the Midwest. It is then refined at refineries in the Midwest and shipped away. People in the Midwest enjoy lower gas prices than they would otherwise, because of the glut of oil at the terminus of the current pipeline.

So, if the pipeline is built, I LOSE the luxury of cheaper gas. So yea... you are pretty much ass backwards wrong and stupid on literally every level in that post. To the surprise of nobody.

YOU idiot!
Owing to the above factors, building a complex, hydro cracking, hydro skimming, catalytic cracking refinery, can cost anywhere around $5 to $15 billion. The throughput (processing capacity) of this refinery should be between 250 – 500,000 barrels per day.

Using the above average size (between 250,000 – 500,000 barrels a day), it will take between 5 – 7 years to complete the refinery. Duration from breaking ground to achieving full complexity & throughput can range between 3 – 8 years depending on the scope of the project.
Man are dumb!

YOU idiot!
Owing to the above factors, building a complex, hydro cracking, hydro skimming, catalytic cracking refinery, can cost anywhere around $5 to $15 billion. The throughput (processing capacity) of this refinery should be between 250 – 500,000 barrels per day.

Using the above average size (between 250,000 – 500,000 barrels a day), it will take between 5 – 7 years to complete the refinery. Duration from breaking ground to achieving full complexity & throughput can range between 3 – 8 years depending on the scope of the project.
Man are dumb!
Irrelevant, desperate psychobabble.

The point of the pipeline was to allow a Canadian/Chinese company to sell oil more efficiently to foreign countries. Not to the US. Get it through your thick skull, ya dummy.

If they are built on your street, they are not the US's property, ya dumbass. They are owned by private corporations.

Currently that oil goes to the terminus, which sits in the Midwest. It is then refined at refineries in the Midwest and shipped away. People in the Midwest enjoy lower gas prices than they would otherwise, because of the glut of oil at the terminus of the current pipeline.

So, if the pipeline is built, I LOSE the luxury of cheaper gas. So yea... you are pretty much ass backwards wrong and stupid on literally every level in that post. To the surprise of nobody.
WHERE in the hell do you get that dumb statement oil goes to "terminus"????
Idiot! Look at this chart:
10largestoilrefinieries.png

Irrelevant, desperate psychobabble.

The point of the pipeline was to allow a Canadian/Chinese company to sell oil more efficiently to foreign countries. Not to the US. Get it through your thick skull, ya dummy.
WHERE is your proof, idiot! NO links. Just your totally uninformed opinion!
You are so totally uninformed!
Gulf Coast refineries export about two-thirds of their products, according to a U.S. Energy Information Administration report in January. The rest is sold in the U.S. That is a marked shift since 2012, when refineries exported about 38 percent of their products.

The Gulf Coast exports of crude oil -- oil that has not been refined into everything from butane to gasoline -- spiked during the same time period. Companies exported about 280,000 barrels of crude oil every day last year, compared to 4,000 in 2012.

WHERE is your proof, idiot! NO links. Just your totally uninformed opinion!
You are so totally uninformed!
Gulf Coast refineries export about two-thirds of their products, according to a U.S. Energy Information Administration report in January. The rest is sold in the U.S. That is a marked shift since 2012, when refineries exported about 38 percent of their products.

The Gulf Coast exports of crude oil -- oil that has not been refined into everything from butane to gasoline -- spiked during the same time period. Companies exported about 280,000 barrels of crude oil every day last year, compared to 4,000 in 2012.
Sure, we would still buy some of the oil. And bid against other buyers for it. I never claimed otherwise. But the purpose of the pipeline is to more efficiently sell to other countries.

Well, looks like you are out of horseshit. Have a nice night!

I paid 1.07 during Trumps term. All those excuses existed then too!!!

Yes, it was way too cheap then, from gross over-production and attempting to get Europe locked in to buying lots of American natural gas imports. It's stupid to burn up your own reserves while everybody else is selling theirs cheap; that's when you leave yours in the ground an burn theirs up, not try and score political points with morons who can't think past lunch.

Except that Gulf Coast refineries don't refine hardly any tar sands sludge, so that argument is false. Neither do East Coast refineries, and the yield of gas and diesel from tar sands sludge per barrel equivalent is a lot smaller than with petroleum, even the crappy sulphur ridden west Texas stuff.

Nah, you just think because you keep trying to run away from the tar sludge pipeline bullshit everybody else is supposed to let you.

Good God you're a certifiable idiot. Feel free to find a post where I mentioned the Keystone XL pipeline by name. I mentioned the heavy oil is being transported by train and that was more dangerous, but that's about it.

30 cent increase in just one week for gas and what is Biden doing.....pushing green energy.
Then yesterday our local news said we should expect a nearly 50% increase in our natural gas bills.
To make matters worse our local gas taxes also went up.

All told my fuel costs will increase by well over a thousand dollars if not close to 2k per year under Biden.

Thanks Brandon
You ever wonder how wealthy candycorn is? Wait. Let me clarify. Ever wonder how much money her husband makes as she lives behind gated walls along the water while hating America in her palatial accommodations provided to her by her husband? Lilly white delicate little husband who we all know she controls.

Want to bet she puts premium in her Lexus? You think people like her look at prices or understands one solitary thing about business and how it works?

She is the typical leftist people. She, is the problem.

Good God you're a certifiable idiot. Feel free to find a post where I mentioned the Keystone XL pipeline by name. I mentioned the heavy oil is being transported by train and that was more dangerous, but that's about it.

Speaking of idiots, most people know rig counts are down because the companies want to shovel out dividends now after a dry spell in those. Only morons think otherwise. Biden had nothing to do with that, they were going down before he was even inaugurated, and many companies announced why they were slowoing down investing in drilling new wells in their stockholders' reports beginning three years ago..

Forum List

Back