Zone1 There's Hope Yet: Tennessee Introduces Protecting Children from Gender Mutilation Act

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tennessee lawmakers have filed a bill to ban the controversial practice of pediatric medical gender transition in the state.

Tennessee Majority Leaders William Lamberth and Jack Johnson, both Republicans, introduced the Protecting Children from Gender Mutilation Act on Wednesday, November 9, which would effectively bar doctors from prescribing puberty blockers, cross-sex hormones, and performing gender-related surgeries on minors for the purpose of medical transition. It would also allow patients and their families to sue for damages and let the courts impose an additional $25,000 penalty for each violation.

Let's hope this gets quickly passed and other states follow suit.
Pretty natural this should come up in our state. A month or two ago, doctors at Vanderbilt University Medical Center were recorded discussing what a great profit center gender reassignment was for the medical school. It got out, almost immediately and did not go over well with anybody in the state, state legislature or with the Governor (we re-elected yesterday).

That's an odd qualifier.

If a parent chops their kids' arm off, does that make it okay? Same with a penis.

A couple of points.

First, it's kind of telling that only male to female Gender Confirmation Surgeries bother you, and not female to male.
Secondly, we perform surgeries on children to correct issues all the time. One of my nieces had a bunion surgery when she was 14. Another had surgery to correct a lazy eye when she was four and corrective eyewear didn't do the job. Every year we correct cleft palates and other birth defects.

If it's immoral, isn't one too many?

That's like saying "There's not many murders, so we shouldn't make laws against it because very few happen!"

Why is it "immoral"? Because you don't like it? This seems to be your hang up. Now, I would be cautious about such treatments, to be sure. But "it makes Baby Jesus Cry" would not be a good enough reason to not do it.

You're a troll, yes, I get it. It looks like you're triggered that people are starting to demand consent be honored for our youth.

Consent requires legal adulthood. Come on, isn't that your M.O.? You think if a girl has two beers she's being "raped"... and she can't give "consent".

Again, we perform surgeries on children all the time to correct problems. I would believe such a surgery was necessary if the minor in question was so clearly gender dysphoric that it could be seen as the only treatment.

All before she reached adulthood—irreversibly mutilated, realized her mistake, and aware of how she's been fucked up for life.

Um, sounds like a case of malpractice, honestly, but she never got the bottom surgery.

How do we enforce the law against any other serious instances of medical malpractice?

But you guys aren't talking about malpractice, which frankly, I'm all for if the doctor's screw up. (It's also a lot harder to prove than you think, the Medical Community protects it's own.) You are talking about preventing these surgeries because YOU don't like them.

A couple of points.

First, it's kind of telling that only male to female Gender Confirmation Surgeries bother you, and not female to male.
Just used it as an example, but let me hear your contrived conspiracy theory
Secondly, we perform surgeries on children to correct issues all the time. One of my nieces had a bunion surgery when she was 14. Another had surgery to correct a lazy eye when she was four and corrective eyewear didn't do the job. Every year we correct cleft palates and other birth defects.
Yes we perform surgeries to get children back to the body’s normal health and function.

Transgender surgery takes children away from health and function.. it would be akin to adding a cleft palates or a lazy eye because their prepubescent brain desired it for some reason.

Why is it "immoral"? Because you don't like it?
Because children can’t consent, and these treatments and surgeries are irreversible. The trans movement too often wants to manipulate impressionable children into permanent bodily damage in the name of the movement, so they feel better and their numbers grow. Any trans surgery on a child is immoral any way you slice it

Would you allow a 10 year old child of yours to tattoo their entire face because they felt like it was necessary to complete their identity?
This seems to be your hang up. Now, I would be cautious about such treatments, to be sure. But "it makes Baby Jesus Cry"
Your intolerant hatred and bigotry against Christianity is filled with nothing but pouting anger. Just because the sight of children makes you miserable doesn’t mean they can’t be be happy in their belief, and be taught to be filled with grace, love, and compassion for souls of all people.. not just the ones that agree with them (which is you)

Last edited:
Just used it as an example, but let me hear your contrived conspiracy theory
Your own fears of emasculation. Just saying.

Yes we perform surgeries to get children back to the body’s normal health and function.

Transgender surgery takes children away from health and function.. it would be akin to adding a cleft palates or a lazy eye because their prepubescent brain desired it for some reason.

Not really. It give them the body their brain says they should have. Now, personally, I do think we should show caution. There is always the possibility that this might be over diagnosed. Like ADHD is now.

Now, I am going to throw out another example. Cochlear implants. - Some in the hearing impaired community are dead set against them because they don't see deafness as a defect. They don't think children should get them. But I would be against them intervening if a parent thinks that is the best course of treatment.

Before ANY minor gets Gender Affirming therapy, they usually have both the parents and several medical professionals sign off on it.

Because children can’t consent, and these treatments and surgeries are irreversible. The trans movement too often wants to manipulate impressionable children into permanent bodily damage in the name of the movement, so they feel better and their numbers grow. Any trans surgery on a child is immoral any way you slice it

Yes the Trannies are out to eat your children!!!! I know you really need to believe that.

So when did you decide to be Cis-gendered and straight? Because clearly if you think children can be programmed, that must have happened at some point, correct?

Would you allow a 10 year old child of yours to tattoo their entire face because they felt like it was necessary to complete their identity?

Why do you guys pull these ridiculous comparisons out of your asses when debating LGBTQ issues?

Here, I'll make it easy for you "Transgenderism is bad because...."

(Unacceptable answers, I think it's icky and God says it's bad.)

Your intolerant hatred and bigotry against Christianity is filled with nothing but pouting anger. Just because the sight of children makes you miserable doesn’t mean they can’t be be happy in their belief, and be taught to be filled with grace, love, and compassion for souls of all people.. not just the ones that agree with them (which is you)

I have no problem with children... I just don't have the time for them. (or didn't when I was younger, I was too busy defending this country, thanks.) I also like Dogs, but I wouldn't own one because it takes up too much time.

Some children really believe they are not the gender assigned at birth... and these treatments will make some of them happier. Not having to deal with religious bigots like you would also do a lot to make them happy.

For the record. I went to Catholic schools for 12 years... and it was an absolutely miserable experience. Inflicting religion on children is far worse than anything that you think Trans people are doing.

As a matter if hard, undeniable, immutable scientific fact, a boy is not a girl, a girl is not a boy, and it is biologically impossible to make one out of the other. The attempts to do to are objectively harmful.

Um, no child is getting gender confirmation surgery* without their parents' involvement. In fact, very few gender confirmation surgeries* are performed at all. We have 1.6 million transgender people in this country, but only 11,000 gender confirmation surgeries* are performed every year.

(* yes, I'm using that term to make you mad!)

I also don't see how you guys enforce any of this without violating HIPAA.
I pity you

Unless your CHILD has personally experienced this

Your opinion is…

Not really. It give them the body their brain says they should have. Now, personally, I do think we should show caution. There is always the possibility that this might be over diagnosed. Like ADHD is now.

Now, I am going to throw out another example. Cochlear implants. - Some in the hearing impaired community are dead set against them because they don't see deafness as a defect. They don't think children should get them. But I would be against them intervening if a parent thinks that is the best course of treatment.

Before ANY minor gets Gender Affirming therapy, they usually have both the parents and several medical professionals sign off on it.

Yes the Trannies are out to eat your children!!!! I know you really need to believe that.

So when did you decide to be Cis-gendered and straight? Because clearly if you think children can be programmed, that must have happened at some point, correct?

Why do you guys pull these ridiculous comparisons out of your asses when debating LGBTQ issues?

I have no problem with children... I just don't have the time for them. (or didn't when I was younger, I was too busy defending this country, thanks.) I also like Dogs, but I wouldn't own one because it takes up too much time.

Some children really believe they are not the gender assigned at birth... and these treatments will make some of them happier. Not having to deal with religious bigots like you would also do a lot to make them happy.

For the record. I went to Catholic schools for 12 years... and it was an absolutely miserable experience. Inflicting religion on children is far worse than anything that you think Trans people are doing.
I went to Catholic school for EIGHT years
Had 2 lay teachers
My cousin is a priest

I’ve been an agnostic since high school

Um, no child is getting gender confirmation surgery* without their parents' involvement. In fact, very few gender confirmation surgeries* are performed at all. We have 1.6 million transgender people in this country, but only 11,000 gender confirmation surgeries* are performed every year.

(* yes, I'm using that term to make you mad!)

I also don't see how you guys enforce any of this without violating HIPAA.

This also takes care of it by making the parent's liable if later on the kid decides it was a bad idea.

There shouldn't be even one surgery on a kid, nor hormones, nor puberty blockers.

This also takes care of it by making the parent's liable if later on the kid decides it was a bad idea.

There shouldn't be even one surgery on a kid, nor hormones, nor puberty blockers.
You are NOT allowed to jydge fir EVERY SINGLE PERSON

As a matter if hard, undeniable, immutable scientific fact, a boy is not a girl, a girl is not a boy, and it is biologically impossible to make one out of the other. The attempts to do to are objectively harmful.
I DISAGREE

You are NOT allowed to jydge fir EVERY SINGLE PERSON

In the case of Children being mutilated and drugged I can and I will.

The law has exceptions for intersex individuals, and the parents can still let/make their kids play dress up and be called a different name, the only ban is on any medical activity before they are adults.

?... is that a thing? I guess I wouldn't know, obviously you do.

A parent can think a whole host of things are good for their child, but we call it abuse when it physically harms the child without their ability to know what the consequences are for themselves. If a parent decided they want their kid to smoke cigarettes... that would be harmful to the child, because the child doesn't have the capacity to know the permanent long term effects on their body and lungs smoking can have.
Which makes overriding their consent as individuals correct how?

Yep, there you go, sprinting away from the discussion and making up exaggerated strawmen. Let me know when you'd like to return to the big boy table.
I'm hoping you're joking/trolling in asking that. I truly hope you are.

You're attempting to redefine the point like a child. It's an entirely plausible comparison. A face tattoo is largely irreversible, just as trans surgery is. A child might think it's cool and get them attention in 4th grade, just as trans status/surgery does in our culture. However, there are long term consequences to it that a parent needs to guide them through, and protect their child from decisions they might very well regret in the future. Allowing a child to eat nothing but cookies makes them happy, but it's bad for them, and parents who would support their child eating nothing but cookies are harming their children.
Some children really believe they are not the gender assigned at birth...
I'm sure some children think they are astronauts.. it doesn't mean they are. Here's a question... what is the difference between "feeling" like a man and "feeling" like a woman? How do you know which feels like? If you have gender dysphoria, and suffer with feeling "off" about yourself, that's a psychological issue that needs to be dealt with. However, feeling "off" and KNOWING whether you're a man or woman based on how you feel is entirely different. So, what does each feel like?
and these treatments will make some of them happier.
Data shows this isn't true, suicide rates and depression stay high after surgeries.

Not having to deal with religious bigots like you would also do a lot to make them happy.
My points have nothing to do with religion, and your clear focus, insecurity and bitterness towards Christianity is entirely emotional.. you offer no intellectual case.
For the record. I went to Catholic schools for 12 years... and it was an absolutely miserable experience.
Good for you. The club isn't for everyone... you're free denounce it, but you're not some special case.

Inflicting religion on children is far worse than anything that you think Trans people are doing.
Tell me how religion permanently harms children physically. I'll wait ;)

A parent can think a whole host of things are good for their child, but we call it abuse when it physically harms the child without their ability to know what the consequences are for themselves. If a parent decided they want their kid to smoke cigarettes... that would be harmful to the child, because the child doesn't have the capacity to know the permanent long term effects on their body and lungs smoking can have.

Yet most people who started smoking did so when they were minors. This was a deliberate strategy by the tobacco companies. I would love if we had the kind of scrutiny on smoking they put on Gender confirmation treatment.

Which makes overriding their consent as individuals correct how?
No one did. If a kid is asking for treatment, and after consulting with parents and medical professionals, they have decided that this is the best course of treatment.

Yep, there you go, sprinting away from the discussion and making up exaggerated strawmen. Let me know when you'd like to return to the big boy table.
Not at all. Most of your transphobic arguments are based on your own insecurities. That somehow, a kid is going to see "Drag Queen Story Hour" and suddenly want to dress as a woman.

Hey, when I was a kid, I saw all these cartoons where Bugs Bunny dressed up like a woman, and oddly, never felt a need to do that myself.

1668107734520.png

I'm hoping you're joking/trolling in asking that. I truly hope you are.
Nope, honest question you are clearly avoiding.

You're attempting to redefine the point like a child. It's an entirely plausible comparison. A face tattoo is largely irreversible, just as trans surgery is. A child might think it's cool and get them attention in 4th grade, just as trans status/surgery does in our culture. However, there are long term consequences to it that a parent needs to guide them through, and protect their child from decisions they might very well regret in the future. Allowing a child to eat nothing but cookies makes them happy, but it's bad for them, and parents who would support their child eating nothing but cookies are harming their children.

Fair enough. You still have yet to prove to me that Gender Confirmation Treatments is harmful other than your own insecurities.

I'm sure some children think they are astronauts.. it doesn't mean they are. Here's a question... what is the difference between "feeling" like a man and "feeling" like a woman? How do you know which feels like? If you have gender dysphoria, and suffer with feeling "off" about yourself, that's a psychological issue that needs to be dealt with. However, feeling "off" and KNOWING whether you're a man or woman based on how you feel is entirely different. So, what does each feel like?
Couldn't tell you, I'm cisgendered. But just because you have a feeling doesn't invalidate it.

Data shows this isn't true, suicide rates and depression stay high after surgeries.
Because they still have to deal with bigots like you and Bob.

My points have nothing to do with religion, and your clear focus, insecurity and bitterness towards Christianity is entirely emotional.. you offer no intellectual case.

Uh wait, it isn't about religion, but you are babbling about Christianity.
Funny thing, I haven't met any "Christians" who actually do the things Jesus said. Few of you love your neighbors, most of you wouldn't turn the other cheek, and none of you treats people the way you'd want to be treated.

As Mark Twain said, "If Christ were alive today, the one thing he wouldn't be is a Christian."

Good for you. The club isn't for everyone... you're free denounce it, but you're not some special case.
NO, I'm just one smart enough to see Religion is full of it.

Tell me how religion permanently harms children physically. I'll wait
You mean other than all the Catholic Priests who used religion to rape children?

Yet most people who started smoking did so when they were minors. This was a deliberate strategy by the tobacco companies.
Sounds familiar doesn't it.
No one did. If a kid is asking for treatment, and after consulting with parents and medical professionals, they have decided that this is the best course of treatment.
That child would sadly be a victim of a chain of abusers, who manipulated an innocent person into making permanent changes to their body before they were old enough to know what it truly meant throughout the rest of their lives.
Not at all.
Yep, you created a ridiculously exaggerated strawman. You're not very good at this.
Most of your transphobic arguments are based on your own insecurities.
Name one thing I've said that's "transphobic". You simply think that anyone who questions in the ideology automatically hates. If that's the logic, then you're Christophobic, anti-male, anti-children... you're the one who can't stay on topic

That somehow, a kid is going to see "Drag Queen Story Hour" and suddenly want to dress as a woman.

Hey, when I was a kid, I saw all these cartoons where Bugs Bunny dressed up like a woman, and oddly, never felt a need to do that myself.
Um, Okay. Nobody is talking about any of this, but cool story bro.
Nope, honest question you are clearly avoiding.
I've never had to "choose" a biological truth. I was hoping you were kidding, but geez, I can't believe I have to basically explain something as obvious and proven as that the earth is round.
Fair enough. You still have yet to prove to me that Gender Confirmation Treatments is harmful other than your own insecurities.
It either harms hormonal function to the point of infertility or mutilates the existing genitalia so they aren't capable of functioning normally. It's all very harmful to the human body as far as how the body functions, this isn't up to dispute. Only a person whose position is incredibly weak has to continually and desperately lob the charge of "insecurities" at the other. My point is on a large slab of rock with an absolutely solid foundation.
Couldn't tell you, I'm cisgendered. But just because you have a feeling doesn't invalidate it.
If nobody knows what it "feels" like to be a man or woman, then how can anyone know what they feel like?
Because they still have to deal with bigots like you and Bob.
Nope. Our society praises and glorifies trans folk non-stop, and yet the rates of depression and suicide continue. If an entire Mainstream movement isn't causing an end to tragic deaths in the community, then that points to inner-turmoil that isn't being addressed.. and the tension from a body/brain that is either masculine or feminine being out of sync with what a person is trying to force... that's what's causing so many tragic horrible results. And it's predictable, yet, people like you want to continue it. You actually want to support a movement that causes so many people to become cripplingly depressed and have many times more likelihood of suicide. You said you don't like kids.. but man, this goes deep.. you're encouraging them into this movement, just as any enemy of children would.
Uh wait, it isn't about religion, but you are babbling about Christianity.
You have repeatedly brought up religion, Christianity, God, etc. over and over, unprompted. Clearly, it bothers you, triggers you, is on your mind, and you feel the the need to mock it even when it's not being discussed. If you want to talk about an insecurity.. there it is.
Funny thing, I haven't met any "Christians" who actually do the things Jesus said. Few of you love your neighbors, most of you wouldn't turn the other cheek, and none of you treats people the way you'd want to be treated.
As Mark Twain said, "If Christ were alive today, the one thing he wouldn't be is a Christian."
That's nice. I can't speak to who you've met, but if your attitude in real life is anywhere near what it is on here, I'd suspect you'd probably completely miss out on what's really going on, and contrive a nice juicy conspiracy while assigning horrible intentions and assumptions to people without any evidence whatsoever.
NO, I'm just one smart enough to see Religion is full of it.
You're free to your opinion, but it means nothing.
You mean other than all the Catholic Priests who used religion to rape children?
Ha, so pathetic. Evil people try to use religion all throughout history.. I'm talking about the religion itself. Meanwhile, by the numbers you're far more likely to be a pedo than eny priest, so I hope you don't live too close to a school zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back