there was a Germany before the years 1933 .. 1945 …

why this thread?

because too often germany is reduced to ….. nazi ….

what do you think how old Germany is.?
late 19th century before bismark consolidated the german speaking peoples under prussian leadership.

the weimar republic needs a lot more study. i really only know from sherrer's "rise and fall of 3rd reich" and "cabaret" and, of course, hyperinflation (we did have like 1 page in elementary history with a cartoon of some lederhosen wearing gentleman wheeling a barrow of reichmarks)

late 19th century before bismark consolidated the german speaking peoples under prussian leadership.

the weimar republic needs a lot more study. i really only know from sherrer's "rise and fall of 3rd reich" and "cabaret" and, of course, hyperinflation (we did have like 1 page in elementary history with a cartoon of some lederhosen wearing gentleman wheeling a barrow of reichmarks)
1871 saw the founding of a Deutsches Reich

but the idea of a germany is older …. around the years from 1000 on …

1871 saw the founding of a Deutsches Reich

but the idea of a germany is older …. around the years from 1000 on …
i don't remember charlemagne's sons, but did not the division of his kingdom at the rhine define germany>

i've been more interested in alexander's will than charlemagne's, but these guys need to have smarter sons and heirs.

i don't remember charlemagne's sons, but did not the division of his kingdom at the rhine define germany>

i've been more interested in alexander's will than charlemagne's, but these guys need to have smarter sons and heirs.
so it was roughly …

at the beginning there were the Franks

after some time there were the West Franks. ….= Frankreich = France

and the East Franks …. later = Germany

for a long time then the long name …. holy roman empire of the german nations ….. was use d for the country

Letting the Heir Out

Charlemagne was so great that he could have re-started the Classical Era. But the civilization-aborting institution of hereditary power led to a thousand years of aristocratic tyranny.

The victors write th3e history books. Hitler came into power relatively at the same time FDR was elected. The United States was reeling under the Great Depression and Germany was suffering similar effects

The victors write th3e history books. Hitler came into power relatively at the same time FDR was elected. The United States was reeling under the Great Depression and Germany was suffering similar effects
it was unlucky

hitler was on the eay out …. when the ad conditions brought him back

imagine this …

if there had been no division, then France and Germany would be ONE country

Forum List

Back