There is no cure for STUPID

Mustang

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2010
39° 44 mins 21 secs N, 104° 59 mins 5 secs W
In the past, I've been known to say that there IS a cure for ignorance. It's education. But there is NO cure for stupidity, especially when it can be classified as willful ignorance.

Is there any better example of this current trend than the following story?

Man Says He'd 'Rather Die of Kidney Failure Than Get Vaccine'​

A Virginia man who needs a kidney transplant to survive said he would "rather die" of kidney failure than get vaccinated against COVID.

://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/man-says-he-d-rather-die-of-kidney-failure-than-get-vaccine/ar-AATfttl?ocid=msedgntp

Attachments

• 1643412821666.png
    1643412821666.png
    68 bytes · Views: 22
In the past, I've been known to say that there IS a cure for ignorance. It's education. But there is NO cure for stupidity, especially when it can be classified as willful ignorance.

A Virginia man who needs a kidney transplant to survive said he would "rather die" of kidney failure than get vaccinated against COVID.

://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/man-says-he-d-rather-die-of-kidney-failure-than-get-vaccine/ar-AATfttl?ocid=msedgntp
Ideology is more powerful than intelligence.

Once a person falls down an ideological rabbit hole, their intelligence can't get them out.

Last edited:
Perhaps that dilemma was not real. In fact it was, Either risk dying of kidney failure or get a jab.

Still not a choice most rational people would make.

Ideology is more powerful than intelligence.

Once a person falls down a rabbit hole, their intelligence can't get them out.
It defies logic.

Unfortunately, logic has, in the era of Trump, been rejected in favor of almost any emotive response as if an emotional feeling proves something to be either true or false when it's historically true that emotions lead people astray from what is true.

It defies logic.

Unfortunately, logic has, in the era of Trump, been rejected in favor of almost any emotive response as if an emotional feeling proves something to be either true or false when it's historically true that emotions lead people astray from what is true.
Yeah. This is a combination of rage and paranoia that has been bubbling under the surface and growing for a long time. It took the right person (?) to unlock it. We haven't seen something like this before. I still don't feel like I have a full grasp on it.

It defies logic.

This is limited to Trump supporters, is it? That'd be a group of 75+ million people. All races, ages, religions...

How the fuck is it any of your business, moron? I would do the same thing before I would submit to your commie authoritarian mandates. You ought to keep your nose on your own face and out of other's health decisions. Maybe you should submit to sex change surgery as it is clear you have no balls.

I still don't feel like I have a full grasp on it.
It's encouraging that at least you haven't fallen down your own version of the "rabbit hole". IMO... our media is fomenting real rebellion and serious chances of violence in America. It's very near the time when all Americans are going to have to choose. Will they allow the propaganda of media-driven hate to trigger them into resorting to violence or will they decide there is no benefit from it for America? Sadly, I think a significant percentage will jump off that cliff when the time comes :(

It's encouraging that at least you haven't fallen down your own version of the "rabbit hole". IMO... our media is fomenting real rebellion and serious chances of violence in America. It's very near the time when all Americans are going to have to choose. Will they allow the propaganda of media-driven hate to trigger them into resorting to violence or will they decide there is no benefit from it for America? Sadly, I think a significant percentage will jump off that cliff when the time comes :(
It doesn't have to be a binary choice. The two ends constantly make that mistaken assumption.

LOL.....Virginians can be bull-headed at times. ;)

That said I bet if some unvaxxed black hood rat or "recent undocumented immigrant" showed-up in need of a life saving operation they would be wheeled right in.

Lots of people are going to get paid due to vax policies and I bet dollars to donuts it will be the tax-payer that has to bail them out.

Unfortunately, logic
Logic dictates that you don't submit to experimental genetic therapy just because a government tells you. Especially when they keep contradicting themselves and trying to convince you that "science" changes. If it changes it is not science and you cannot, reasonably, say it is SAFE.

He's dying under his own terms.
Only because of how certain other people have decided to go about his situation. Therefore, how can it really be on his own terms when he's been pretty much stripped of other options by those who can't respect his decision where being vaccinated is concerned?

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly

Only because of how certain other people have decided to go about his situation. Therefore, how can it really be on his own terms when he's been pretty much stripped of other options by those who can't respect his decision where being vaccinated is concerned?

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly
It is kind of like someone telling you "Kneel before me or be shot" I would take the bullet. "It is better to die standing than to live kneeling."

How the fuck is it any of your business, moron? I would do the same thing before I would submit to your commie authoritarian mandates. You ought to keep your nose on your own face and out of other's health decisions. Maybe you should submit to sex change surgery as it is clear you have no balls.
Do I care that this yahoo makes such an irresponsible decision? Maybe yes, and maybe no. However, if and when he leaves his immediate family members dependent on the state for support, then I damn sure do care since they'll end up being supported by my tax dollars.

he leaves his immediate family members dependent on the state for support, then I damn sure do care since they'll end up being supported by my tax dollars.
When you have no response, it is best to just STFU. How do you know that he hasn't got wealth to pass on, insurance policies, etc. What suggests that his family would need your tax dollar support. Which begs the question, When did YOU become concerned with the use of other people's tax dollars. It hasn't been that long since YOU were advocating for giving away free lunches to all at schools. You, like most democrats, are a disingenuous POS.

fix your link

Forum List

Back