There is a God-sized hole in America that is being filled by drugs, sexual immorality and abortion

When most people prayed daily, did their best to obey the Ten Commandments, and went to church on Sunday, we did not have all these problems!!!
Lol it’s amazing how you don’t seem to realize that you pull all of this out of your ass.
I am old enough to remember when it was true. My parents were both very religious and so were most people back then. People waited until they were married before they had kids.
Um so? Why does it matter when two people use their genitals?

When most people prayed daily, did their best to obey the Ten Commandments, and went to church on Sunday, we did not have all these problems!!!
Lol it’s amazing how you don’t seem to realize that you pull all of this out of your ass.
I am old enough to remember when it was true. My parents were both very religious and so were most people back then. People waited until they were married before they had kids.
IT MATTERS WHEN PEOPLE HAVE SEX OUT OF MARRIAGE AND PEOPLE USED TO KNOW THAT!!!

Now we have half of all children born out of wedlock and all those fatherless children are much more likely to get in trouble, like drugs, crime, bad grades, etc.!!!

Now we have half of all children born out of wedlock and all those fatherless children are much more likely to get in trouble, like drugs, crime, bad grades, etc.!!!
Yeah but the divorce rate is still at 50% either way lol.

Removed some of the baiting/trolling in this thread. If you don't know what ethics/morals are, this is probably not the thread for you.. Because that's the topic you need to stick to...

Moved to Religion/Ethics...

This is a national problem but each person individually needs to solve the problem for himself and his or her own family!!!

Pray at every meal!!! Heck, HAVE MEALS!!! Stop eating in front of the television or around a video game!!! Eat at the dining room table with the entire family eating at the same time!!!

Obey the Ten Commandments!!! If you aren't keeping track, you are UNDOUBTEDLY disobeying at least one commandment per day.

Go to Church on Sunday!!! If you don't have a church, FIND ONE!!!

Stop having sex out of wedlock!!! This one seems laughable to modern people but this is very important. The reason we have so many abortions and out-of-wedlock children is because people are using sex as a recreation, instead of as something reserved to the kind of love and commitment that a marriage represents!!!

Our society is now in free fall because so many people have tossed out living for God and others, and live only according to modern standards of pleasure. And you are blaspheming you bodies, making it dirty like a person who never cleans their house. Inside your soul, you have mold and mildew everywhere, dirty clothes all over the floor, dog poop in your carpets, etc. Your soul is very displeasing to God in this chaotic state!!!

Marking my posts as "funny" really doesn't accomplish anything!!! If you have something to say, say it!!! How can we have a discussion when you are afraid to speak your mind!!!

I think it is clear that there is a moral decline. Communities used to watch over each other, now murder is just another part of the news. Do you need religion to be good, of course not, but when entire communities agreed on what was right or wrong, there were fewer problems. Now, everything is flexible, yay. I'll put my needles in the public bathroom and go have casual, meaningless sex.

The problem with longing for a return to a 'golden age' is that golden ages don't actually exist.

If anyone claims that anytime in the past was superior to the world today, I have only one word ...

dentistry.

I think it is clear that there is a moral decline. Communities used to watch over each other, now murder is just another part of the news. Do you need religion to be good, of course not, but when entire communities agreed on what was right or wrong, there were fewer problems. Now, everything is flexible, yay. I'll put my needles in the public bathroom and go have casual, meaningless sex.
The reason most people need religion to behave morally is that most people aren't brilliant intellectuals who can figure out their own code of morality and most people aren't disciplined enough to restrain from immorality without the kind of reward and punishment model that religion provides.

but when entire communities agreed on what was right or wrong, there were fewer problems.

Except for those people who the community felt were ... wrong.

59c1eff9cada2.image.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: cnm
The problem with longing for a return to a 'golden age' is that golden ages don't actually exist.

If anyone claims that anytime in the past was superior to the world today, I have only one word ...

dentistry.

Is there any reason we could not have a 1950's sense of right and wrong with a current level of dentistry and civil rights?

Is there any reason we could not have a 1950's sense of right and wrong with a current level of dentistry and civil rights?

In the 1950's we had segregated communities and services. Racial and religious discrimination was rampant and legal. Domestic abuse was state sanctioned. Gay men and women could be jailed.

One of the major triggers of the civil rights movement was the societal decision to question the values of the 1950s. We would not have had civil rights without that.

If god was really against pre marital sex he wouldnt allow people to become pregnant unless they were married.

The thing is, people used to be more moral, and because of that, we had fewer problems.

I am not so certain that there was actually a period in time when people were "more moral". It is possible that it appeared as if we were, because social media and cell phones with cameras were not around to expose the immorality that was always there to the entire world in a matter of seconds.

Last edited:

If god was really against pre marital sex he wouldnt allow people to become pregnant unless they were married.

It's a not often remembered statistic that the highest rate of teen pregnancy in our nations History was between the 1940s and '50s.

Apparently grandma was a playa.

Oh goody, another abortion thread - wrapped in religious bullshit.
But you know I speak the truth!!!

I am old enough to remember when kids played in the streets all day and only came home at dinner time!!! I was four years old and my parents didn't even know where I was and they weren't afraid I would be kidnapped because stuff like that just didn't happen then the way it does today!!! They would push us out the door and say, don't come back until dinner time!!!

My kids are 17 and 19 and were raised that way...guess it depends on where you live. They are the only kids in their circle of friends without divorced parents though...

Forum List

Back