There is a direct link from the democrat party policies and gun crime in the U.S.

Where in the words, “shall not be infringed” do you find the authority to infringe?

Irrelevant to this discussion, but I emphasize with your zeal.. Because HERE -- we're not talking about gun ownership by law abiding citizens. We're talking about CRIMINAL ACTS committed with firearms.. And there's simply NOTHING in the 2nd Amend that weighs in on PUNISHING criminals a bit harder when they USE a firearm...

Every large gun org I know of -- has NO PROBLEM with added sentences for using a gun in a crime...

Sentences for violent crimes are way too lenient across the board.

Not sure why you guys are fixated on the cities; most often serious crimes are prosecuted by the counties; the cities have little to do with the county criminal courts.

Because there's there's little distinction when the CITY is large enough to be its own COUNTY... And LARGELY -- those are the cities we're talking about..
Sure there is. Judges for the Counties are the ones hearing these cases, not those who are elected by citizens in the city limits. Either way, if you want to be accurate (you guys have no problem spewing inaccuracies obviously), you'd rightfully state it is the counties who are doling out light sentences; as we saw with Amber Guyger. I know why you guys do it; you don't get as much "shock value" from blaming the counties as you do when you wrongfully blame cities. But honesty should be your guide.

Trials might be HELD in county courts in those places, but the laws they are enforcing on GUNS in particular are LARGELY set by the "mega - cities"... Counties in those places are just "shell representation" for the NON directly annexed residents...

Well, thanks for confirming that...except in almost all cases, the counties ARE where the punishment is being doled out or not. Cities play very little part in the jurisprudence; just the apprehension of the criminals.

You're quite a contortionist here Candy.. I copped to some trials MIGHT be held in County courts, but the SENTENCING AND THE LAWS in these Mega counties are gonna be UNIFORMLY the laws of the Mega city. And no discretion beyond that would apply...

No...

County laws and ordinances are laws and ordinances enacted by the County Commissioner's office.

Municipal laws and ordinances are laws and ordinances enacted by the City or Municipality.

County courts are county courts....

City courts are city courts...

Not sure why this concept is so hard for some to understand.

You want to discuss -- we can discuss.. But it's TOTALLY IRRELEVANT EVEN if I accepted your faulty premise that MOST violent guns are prosecuted in the county rather than the megacity.. This is patently false..

It's ALSO totally irrelevant to the ASSERTION of the political bent of the county being DIFFERENT from the city... Cook County as well as Chicago is DEEP DEEP Blue... And so this whole squabble means nothing here..

If you want to continue -- please answer the following questions..

When there's dead and injured bodies on the streets of Chicago -- who gets called to respond? Cook county sheriffs or Chicago police??

Who does the investigation and recommendations to charge? Cook County sheriffs or Chicago police?.

Who actually FILES the charges and decides if the violations are MUNICIPAL or State crimes? Cook County Circuit prosecutors or Chicago prosecutors?

THE ONLY LIKELY REASON for moving a trial to Cook County circuit court is IF there are STATE CRIMES alleged in the indictment...

If you can not or will not answer those questions and do not ACCEDE to the fact that in the case of these deep blue mega cities, THEY are the DRIVERS of law in their ALSO deep blue counties -- you really don't have anything to discuss here..

and up until 2 years ago, Harris County in Texas had a long line of Republican County Judges while HOUSTON had mayors who were democrat leaning.

Counties are the administrative wards of the State.

Sure there is. Judges for the Counties are the ones hearing these cases, not those who are elected by citizens in the city limits. Either way, if you want to be accurate (you guys have no problem spewing inaccuracies obviously), you'd rightfully state it is the counties who are doling out light sentences; as we saw with Amber Guyger. I know why you guys do it; you don't get as much "shock value" from blaming the counties as you do when you wrongfully blame cities. But honesty should be your guide.

Well, thanks for confirming that...except in almost all cases, the counties ARE where the punishment is being doled out or not. Cities play very little part in the jurisprudence; just the apprehension of the criminals.

Moron...those judges, in the counties.....belong to the same political parties as the ones in control of the cities...you dope....they are democrats releasing these violent criminals and the democrat party machine in the city is getting these judges elected........and the democrat party politicians at the state level are the ones creating the laws the judges are implementing....and, by the way, the democrat party prosecutors in those counties are the ones dropping the gun charges and plea bargaining for lighter sentences even with repeat gun offenders.....you dope.

Strange...in 30 of the states--up until recently; the GOP controlled the governor's chair. Including Texas where Guyger was sentenced to 10 years for murder. Are some liberals too lenient on crime? Sure. But none (from what I have heard) are in favor of letting Amber Guyger completely off the hook for committing murder like you are.

“Dodge, Duck, Dip, Dive and Dodge.”

You’re the one who is for letting murderers and those convicted of gun crimes go based on what you think of them and ignoring they show someone dead in their own home.

You keep ducking that fact by ignoring that a jury—one that had a choice between manslaughter and murder—convicted her of murder.

You keep ducking the reason why you give her special consideration but just issue a blanket condemnation of other murderers.

Hmmm...I wonder why. Lol

Her case and sentence doesn't match the facts. Juries get it wrong a lot of the time...especially in political cases which this case was.....

I giver her special consideration because her charge and verdict don't match the actual facts of the case...and that can be highlighted by your inability to provide the Motive for the crime...you know....the most basic, most important aspect of any criminal investigation, indictment and prosecution.....

You still haven't provided even the weakest motive for her allegedly murdering this guy......

Keep up the Dodging..... “Dodge, Duck, Dip, Dive and Dodge.”

special consideration is another way of saying special treatment.

Strangely her victim is just as dead and you want zero punishment for his killer.

And you say democrats are soft on crime? Make me laugh some more

Because there's there's little distinction when the CITY is large enough to be its own COUNTY... And LARGELY -- those are the cities we're talking about..

Trials might be HELD in county courts in those places, but the laws they are enforcing on GUNS in particular are LARGELY set by the "mega - cities"... Counties in those places are just "shell representation" for the NON directly annexed residents...

You're quite a contortionist here Candy.. I copped to some trials MIGHT be held in County courts, but the SENTENCING AND THE LAWS in these Mega counties are gonna be UNIFORMLY the laws of the Mega city. And no discretion beyond that would apply...

No...

County laws and ordinances are laws and ordinances enacted by the County Commissioner's office.

Municipal laws and ordinances are laws and ordinances enacted by the City or Municipality.

You want to discuss -- we can discuss.. But it's TOTALLY IRRELEVANT EVEN if I accepted your faulty premise that MOST violent guns are prosecuted in the county rather than the megacity.. This is patently false..

It's ALSO totally irrelevant to the ASSERTION of the political bent of the county being DIFFERENT from the city... Cook County as well as Chicago is DEEP DEEP Blue... And so this whole squabble means nothing here..

When there's dead and injured bodies on the streets of Chicago -- who gets called to respond? Cook county sheriffs or Chicago police??

Who does the investigation and recommendations to charge? Cook County sheriffs or Chicago police?.

Who actually FILES the charges and decides if the violations are MUNICIPAL or State crimes? Cook County Circuit prosecutors or Chicago prosecutors?

THE ONLY LIKELY REASON for moving a trial to Cook County circuit court is IF there are STATE CRIMES alleged in the indictment...

If you can not or will not answer those questions and do not ACCEDE to the fact that in the case of these deep blue mega cities, THEY are the DRIVERS of law in their ALSO deep blue counties -- you really don't have anything to discuss here..

and up until 2 years ago, Harris County in Texas had a long line of Republican County Judges while HOUSTON had mayors who were democrat leaning.

Houston isn't really in the list of cities that apply here... Texas in general is tough on gun crime.. And the STATE laws and sentencing TRUMP Harris county or Houston....

No...

Houston isn't really in the list of cities that apply here... Texas in general is tough on gun crime.. And the STATE laws and sentencing TRUMP Harris county or Houston....

Funny...its a "democrat controlled" city; the 3rd or 4th largest in the nation. You'd call it a "mega city". Thanks for trashing your own argument.

The end result is this: if a crime takes place in the city limits, the city police force investigates. In unincorporated areas, the Sheriff's office or constables have jurisdiction. Regardless of who does the arresting, if the crime is serious enough, the county district attorney will indict. The mayor or what party she or he holds has zero to do with it. All of this is fact.

Here is what we have to get rid of:

I just looked up someone by birthdate (06-01-2000) in the Illinois Dept of Corrections. Not even sure what the guy's name is but here is his offense:
upload_2020-2-23_22-50-19.png

He was arrested for Aggrivated Unlawful Use of a Weapon and got a whopping 1 year. Easily, this should be 30 years. I'd go for life myself if the gun was fired. This is what we should get rid of.

Anyway, the mayor of Chicago had nothing to do with this sentence. Did the Democratic Party? Not sure. I don't know what judge sentenced him...I don't know if it was a jury trial or if this was plea-bargained. The County DA shouldn't have taken it whatsoever.

No...

Funny...its a "democrat controlled" city; the 3rd or 4th largest in the nation. You'd call it a "mega city". Thanks for trashing your own argument.

The end result is this: if a crime takes place in the city limits, the city police force investigates. In unincorporated areas, the Sheriff's office or constables have jurisdiction. Regardless of who does the arresting, if the crime is serious enough, the county district attorney will indict. The mayor or what party she or he holds has zero to do with it. All of this is fact.

I just looked up someone by birthdate (06-01-2000) in the Illinois Dept of Corrections. Not even sure what the guy's name is but here is his offense:
View attachment 308473

He was arrested for Aggrivated Unlawful Use of a Weapon and got a whopping 1 year. Easily, this should be 30 years. I'd go for life myself if the gun was fired. This is what we should get rid of.

Anyway, the mayor of Chicago had nothing to do with this sentence. Did the Democratic Party? Not sure. I don't know what judge sentenced him...I don't know if it was a jury trial or if this was plea-bargained. The County DA shouldn't have taken it whatsoever.
????????????????????........................

No...

View attachment 308473

The democrat politicians create the laws....

California Democrats hate the gun, not the gunman – Orange County Register

Now that Democrats have supermajorities in the California state Legislature, they’ve rolled into Sacramento with a zest for lowering the state’s prison population and have interpreted St. Augustine’s words of wisdom to mean, “Hate the gun, not the gunman.”

I say this because, once they finally took a break from preaching about the benefits of stricter gun control, the state Senate voted to loosen sentencing guidelines for criminals convicted of gun crimes.

Currently, California law requires anyone who uses a gun while committing a felony to have their sentence increased by 10 years or more in prison — on top of the normal criminal penalty. If enacted, Senate Bill 620 would eliminate that mandate.

The bill, which passed on a 22-14 party-line vote, with support only from Democrats, now heads to the state Assembly for consideration.

Republicans and the National Rifle Association have vowed to campaign against it.

Why have Democrats suddenly developed a soft spot for criminals convicted of gun crimes? The bill’s author, state Sen. Steve Bradford, D-Gardena, says that he was motivated to write the bill after a 17-year-old riding in a car involved in a drive-by shooting was sentenced to 25 years in prison, even though he claims that he wasn’t the one who pulled the trigger.

and for all those anti-gunners who want to know where criminals get guns....well...this law lowers the prison time for those who give guns to criminals.....

Why is that?

Prop. 57, for example, very deceptively and fundamentally changed the definition of what constitutes a “non-violent” offense.

supplying a firearm to a gang member,

l
felon obtaining a firearm,

discharging a firearm on school grounds

Democrat judges and prosecutors implement their laws...

https://chicago.suntimes.com/news/dart-sees-alarming-rise-in-gun-defendants-freed-on-electronic-monitoring/

Judges have treated felony gun charges in a dramatically different way since the reforms were implemented, according to data from the sheriff's office.

Over a nearly four-month period in 2016, judges gave out cash-based bonds in nearly 96 percent of felony gun cases and released just 2 percent on electronic monitors. In the 10 weeks after the bond order took effect in September, though, the number of cash-based bonds for gun cases plummeted to about 40 percent, while those freed on the electronic bracelets jumped to 22 percent.

The amount set for bonds also sharply fell on average, from nearly $134,000 in 2016 to almost $22,000 in 2017, according to the analysis.

By contrast, judges also boosted how often they ordered no bond for those charged with felony gun offenses, to more than 9 percent in 2017, compared with no cases at all in 2016, the analysis showed.

No...

View attachment 308473

What part of "The democrat party," are you failing to understand.....the mayor of chicago is a major player in the politics of the state in getting democrats elected at all level of government........ and the mayor has say in who runs for the various offices.....including judges and prosecutors....

So nothing you just posted is accurate....... and if the mayor tells the police to back down from pursuing criminals, they back down...ask the police in New York.

You don't understand the dynamic involved.....anything to protect your hatred of guns.

[Q

Amber Guyger killed a man in his own home with a gun. Surely you think she should spend the rest of her life in jail for her gun crime; right?

So are suggesting that police should have to turn in their service weapon when they leave the workplace because they may do something stupid with it?

No...

View attachment 308473

Now that Democrats have supermajorities in the California state Legislature, they’ve rolled into Sacramento with a zest for lowering the state’s prison population and have interpreted St. Augustine’s words of wisdom to mean, “Hate the gun, not the gunman.”

I say this because, once they finally took a break from preaching about the benefits of stricter gun control, the state Senate voted to loosen sentencing guidelines for criminals convicted of gun crimes.

Currently, California law requires anyone who uses a gun while committing a felony to have their sentence increased by 10 years or more in prison — on top of the normal criminal penalty. If enacted, Senate Bill 620 would eliminate that mandate.

The bill, which passed on a 22-14 party-line vote, with support only from Democrats, now heads to the state Assembly for consideration.

Republicans and the National Rifle Association have vowed to campaign against it.

Why have Democrats suddenly developed a soft spot for criminals convicted of gun crimes? The bill’s author, state Sen. Steve Bradford, D-Gardena, says that he was motivated to write the bill after a 17-year-old riding in a car involved in a drive-by shooting was sentenced to 25 years in prison, even though he claims that he wasn’t the one who pulled the trigger.

and for all those anti-gunners who want to know where criminals get guns....well...this law lowers the prison time for those who give guns to criminals.....

Why is that?

Prop. 57, for example, very deceptively and fundamentally changed the definition of what constitutes a “non-violent” offense.

l

https://chicago.suntimes.com/news/dart-sees-alarming-rise-in-gun-defendants-freed-on-electronic-monitoring/

Judges have treated felony gun charges in a dramatically different way since the reforms were implemented, according to data from the sheriff's office.

Over a nearly four-month period in 2016, judges gave out cash-based bonds in nearly 96 percent of felony gun cases and released just 2 percent on electronic monitors. In the 10 weeks after the bond order took effect in September, though, the number of cash-based bonds for gun cases plummeted to about 40 percent, while those freed on the electronic bracelets jumped to 22 percent.

The amount set for bonds also sharply fell on average, from nearly $134,000 in 2016 to almost $22,000 in 2017, according to the analysis.

By contrast, judges also boosted how often they ordered no bond for those charged with felony gun offenses, to more than 9 percent in 2017, compared with no cases at all in 2016, the analysis showed.

Pfft...

You're the one that wants no jail time for a woman who killed a man in his own home.

[Q

Amber Guyger killed a man in his own home with a gun. Surely you think she should spend the rest of her life in jail for her gun crime; right?

So are suggesting that police should have to turn in their service weapon when they leave the workplace because they may do something stupid with it?

Don't be dumb.

I'm suggesting that if you kill an unarmed person in his own home, you should go away for a very long time. Life in prison sounds good. So does at least 30 years. True...people make mistakes. But it's also true that people pay for them.

No...

View attachment 308473

What part of "The democrat party," are you failing to understand.....the mayor of chicago is a major player in the politics of the state in getting democrats elected at all level of government........ and the mayor has say in who runs for the various offices.....including judges and prosecutors....

So nothing you just posted is accurate....... and if the mayor tells the police to back down from pursuing criminals, they back down...ask the police in New York.

You don't understand the dynamic involved.....anything to protect your hatred of guns.

The police don't prosecute criminals. The county courts do. Are you really this inept?

[Q

Don't be dumb.

I'm suggesting that if you kill an unarmed person in his own home, you should go away for a very long time. Life in prison sounds good. So does at least 30 years. True...people make mistakes. But it's also true that people pay for them.

Nobody would disagree with holding people accountable for any crime that they commit.

The disagreement with the gun control debate comes with taking guns away from law abiding people because some non law abiding thugs may commit crimes with them.

The crime should never be the possession of the firearm. We have a Constitution that says very clearly that the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. The crime should be what is done with the firearm, no possessing the firearm.

[Q

Don't be dumb.

Nobody would disagree with holding people accountable for any crime that they commit.

The disagreement with the gun control debate comes with taking guns away from law abiding people because some non law abiding thugs may commit crimes with them.

The crime should never be the possession of the firearm. We have a Constitution that says very clearly that the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. The crime should be what is done with the firearm, no possessing the firearm.

Killing someone who isn’t armed with your gun in their own home is a crime, right?

[Q

Don't be dumb.

Killing someone who isn’t armed with your gun in their own home is a crime, right?

Taking away our Constitutional right to keep and bear arms is a crime also, isn't it?

[Q

Don't be dumb.

Taking away our Constitutional right to keep and bear arms is a crime also, isn't it?

Yes.

Now your turn...

Killing someone who isn’t armed with your gun in their own home is a crime, right? What should her punishment be?

Don't be dumb.

Yes.

Now your turn...

Killing someone who isn’t armed with your gun in their own home is a crime, right? What should her punishment be?

If you believe that it is illegal to curtail somebody's Constitutional right to keep and bear arms have you ever contributed to an organization to protect those rights, like the NRA?

View attachment 308473

Why is that?

l

Pfft...

You're the one that wants no jail time for a woman who killed a man in his own home.

You know your posts on that are just silly...right?

[Q

Don't be dumb.

And as she stated....and you have not shown any evidence otherwise....she thought she was in her own home and that a strange man was in it......she fired in self defense.....

It was a tragic situation, it was not pre-meditated murder...since you continue to fail in providing an actual motive for her shooting that man that wasn't based on her perception of self defense.

View attachment 308473

The police don't prosecute criminals. The county courts do. Are you really this inept?

And I pointed out that democrat party politicians, judges and prosecutors are to blame for letting repeat gun offenders out of jail and prison...

Where in that did I mention cops?

Forum List

Back