There are some people in middle America who understand racism.

lennypartiv

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2019
This sign says it all:

harrison-ark1_wide-89284a8f390ac9b1c7e75b4fbc76835e38671289.jpg

I thought it was a photoshop at first, but it's real.

NPR was triggered by the sign. :laughing0301:

What is the safest city in Arkansas?

Here are the 10 Safest Cities in Arkansas for 2022
  • Greenbrier.
  • Greenwood.
  • Pottsville.
  • Bella Vista.
  • Piggott.
  • Haskell.
  • Gentry.
  • Farmington.
More items...

Mar 7, 2022

Harrison is 94% white and fears for its position as the majority.
Never been there, but have been in and out of northern Arkansas on business and for trout fishing, kayaking, camping. Never been bothered, but of course I am white. I will say, when talking with locals, I never picked up, they were particularly racist. I never saw signs like that, either, but not terribly surprised, to hear that particular small town is associated with KKK, as I did verify your statement before responding.

Never been there, but have been in and out of northern Arkansas on business and for trout fishing, kayaking, camping. Never been bothered, but of course I am white. I will say, when talking with locals, I never picked up, they were particularly racist. I never saw signs like that, either, but not terribly surprised, to hear that particular small town is associated with KKK, as I did verify your statement before responding.
You probably won't pick that up because you're going to get treated with respect. Of course in any town like that there are going to be some who are not racist.

You probably won't pick that up because you're going to get treated with respect. Of course in any town like that there are going to be some who are not racist.
That, plus being an outsider and some people think I look like a cop, anyway, which still surprises me.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
I have been around the area since 1986 before that I lived in Oklahoma and the KKK grand wizard was in Miami, Ok in 1980 when I went to college there. I live in SW Mizzouri three miles from Arkansass and about five miles from Okiehoma.

That, plus being an outsider and some people think I look like a cop, anyway, which still surprises me.
True. There are a lot of things to consider.

I have been around the area since 1986 before that I lived in Oklahoma and the KKK grand wizard was in Miami, Ok in 1980 when I went to college there. I live in SW Mizzouri three miles from Arkansass and about five miles from Okiehoma.
Did you go to NEO?

Forum List

Back