Theater won't show gone with the win calling film " insensitive"

It's happening------it is getting NUTTIER AND NUTTIER AND NUTTIER. This kind of "FERVOR" ----
(more like FEVER) portends disaster

“Gone With the Wind” will be gone from The Orpheum’s summer movie series, the theater’s board said Friday.

Theater Won’t Show ‘Gone With the Wind,’ Calling Film ‘Insensitive’
--------------------------------------------------------------

You leftist lunatics are seriously clipped and have mental issues beyond nay help , move out of the US as soon as possible.

An excuse, it can be seen anywhere, anytime; rental is cheap.

“Gone With the Wind” will be gone from The Orpheum’s summer movie series, the theater’s board said Friday.

You leftist lunatics are seriously clipped and have mental issues beyond nay help , move out of the US as soon as possible.

Or you loons don't have to go to the theater to watch it and stop your damn bawling.

You can rent movie theaters now?

You can rent movie theaters now?

Only to show Gone With The Wind ; )

No no, these "small gummint" folks want to dictate to a private business what movie it can show.

The hilarious thing is, the OP will froth at the mouth the other 23h59m of the day about ""Big Brother" before deftly changing costume to play the part thereof.

Oopsie.

Damn those rich folks being pissed off about a movie about them! Well frankly I don't give a damn.

Fun fact: it's glossed over in the movie (so I'm told, never seen it) but in Margaret Mitchell's novel the Ku Klux Klan komes charging in to play hero.

All part of the cultural whitewash of Lost Cause revisionism that started, in that medium, with "Birth of a Nation".

Damn Hollywood Liburruls.....

the move is symbolic------it is DESTRUCTION OF ART (even if the thing still exists------)
----I shall---with SELF RIGHTEOUS ZEAL <<yaaay me>>>> LOUDLY OBJECT

the move is symbolic------it is DESTRUCTION OF ART (even if the thing still exists------)

Good, censorship does -0- for this nation.

Not-showing a movie is "destruction"? :wtf:

yes------the movie itself is ART-------it was an over-reaching theatrical project
for its time. --------was breaking the nose of the MADONNA of the pieta in rome
not DESTRUCTION OF ART? --------the nosey could be re made----but the symbolism
of a human actually DEFILING it ----is with us FOREVER

yes------the movie itself is ART-------it was an over-reaching theatrical project

Interesting you had to go all the way to Roma to avoid the question.

Once again --- HOW is not showing a movie ----- "destruction"?

You know what, I don't happen to have a movie theater right here on my front lawn. It's not-showing "Gone With the Wind" right now as we speak. Matter of fact it's not showing any movie at all. Is it "destroying" all movies then?

Because I'd like to take credit....

It is a SYMBOLIC REPUDIATION OF ART----VERY IMPORTANT EVENT IN THE HISTORY OF
AMERICAN FILM MAKING

Interesting you had to go all the way to Roma to avoid the question.

Once again --- HOW is not showing a movie ----- "destruction"?

You know what, I don't happen to have a movie theater right here on my front lawn. It's not-showing "Gone With the Wind" right now as we speak. Matter of fact it's not showing any movie at all. Is it "destroying" all movies then?

Because I'd like to take credit....

SYMBOLIC--------like disallowing the singing of JINGLE BELLS on during the
Christmas season in kindergarten on RELIGIOUS GROUNDS

Sorry, idiot but this is all very in line with the original concept of majority rules. Do you not read the original article, or just listen to that fat head Alex Jones wail about it?
The Orpheum is a privately owned theatre. YOU DO observe the rights of property owners to do as they please, right?

""""""The Orpheum Theatre Group decided not to include the 1939 movie about a plantation in the Civil War-era South in its 2018 Summer Movie Series after feedback from patrons following the last screening Aug. 11.

“As an organization whose stated mission is to ‘entertain, educate and enlighten the communities it serves’, the Orpheum cannot show a film that is insensitive to a large segment of its local population,” the theater’s operators said in a statement.

Memphis’ population is about 64 percent African-American.""""

The patrons of the Orpheum can get GWTW online and on demand. No one is censoring anything, nitwit.

Saying "Damn" was really considered insensitive when the movie came out.

Forum List

Back