CDZ The "War on Terror"

I'm curious, have you seen Part 2 The Power of Nightmares?

I watched this series a number of years ago. I am finding it interesting to watch now as time seems to have given me a new perspective on it.

Cool :)

The one theme that is emphasized and that I do not quarrel with is the mythical nature of the war on terror with 9/11 as the pretext .

The way in which the myth is sold to the American public is dealt with in another of Adam Curtis's documentaries called The Century of Self. I imagine you have seen it but if not I would highly recommend it.

Watch Century of Self: Episode 1 Online - FreeDocumentaries.Org

Until you mentioned it, I hadn't seen any of them. I got to work on it shortly thereafter, and have now seen the first episode. Very interesting. I don't agree with everything he says, but it certainly has a lot of interesting points worth discussing :).
It's long but I find it very interesting. It has a tie in with The Power of Nightmares.

I watched the final video of TPoN. The last episode is really good. Al Qaeda is shown to be a complete fabrication of the US government.

Yeah, part 3 was good stuff :).

Here's an excerpt from an article I just found that lays out a lot of interesting information regarding Obama leading up to and shortly after 9/11:
During the period 4-14th of July, 2001 (only two months prior to the 9/11-WTC terror attacks), Bin Laden was in the American Hospital in Dubai. According to the United Press International (Oct 31, 2001), Bin Laden underwent kidney surgery and treatment under Dr. Terry Callaway. According to both the French “Le Figaro” & the “Radio France International”, Bin Laden was visited by a top US-CIA agent. This report and the one below are further substantiated by CBS anchor Dan Rather, Peter Bergen, investigative journalist Barry Petersen and Prof. Michel Chussodovsky.
More astonishing is the fact that just a day prior to the September 11 attacks, Bin Laden was undergoing treatment in the Military Hospital in Rawalpindi itself (Le Figaro – Jan 28, 2002). So both the Pakistani Military establishment and the ISI as well as the CIA were more than aware of Bin Laden’s whereabouts.

A few days later Dr. Sanjay Gupta (a highly respected Indian-American within the Medical fraternity) gave his assessment that both due to the heavy US bombing of the Taleban areas as well as the fact that kidney dialysis requires a special environment, it is impossible for a patient to survive beyond a week.

According to Pentagon sources, Bin Laden’s voice could not be detected beyond December 14, 2001.
Reports of Bin Laden’s death have been so widespread that it is a wonder as to how the myth of OBL has been kept alive. Now consider the following reports:

Dale Watson, the FBI chief of counter-terrorism said on BBC that he thought that OBL was dead.
In fact the announcement of OBL’s death and the funeral as well, appeared in the Egytian newspaper Al-Wafd on December 26, 2001. Also refer to an article by Robert Burns (26/04/02) on this matter.

Source: Osama Bin Laden Was CIA Agent Tim Osman – The Modern Gnostic

History Commons articles backing up the above article:
Context of 'July 4-14, 2001: Bin Laden Reportedly Receives Lifesaving Treatment in Dubai, Said to Meet with CIA While There'

Context of 'December 26, 2001: Bin Laden Allegedly Dies of Lung Problems'

Yes I am familiar with the narrative. I'm not invested in it though, it's kind of irrelevant.

if it's true, it suggests that the U.S. government has been lying to us concerning various aspects of Bin Laden, from his relationship with deep black elements of the U.S. military, to the alleged killing of Bin Laden years after his alleged death in 2001. If they can lie about those, it suggests they could be lying about other things concerning 9/11 as well...

Governing through fear is not new.
For a semi-recent American perspective we can think of Dwight Eisenhower's warning in his farewell address.

Agreed.

The debate I suppose is more which candidates are trying to govern through fear more?

No, the debate is just how far is the government and the media going in deceiving the public in order to get the public to support the war on terror.

I watched this series a number of years ago. I am finding it interesting to watch now as time seems to have given me a new perspective on it.

The one theme that is emphasized and that I do not quarrel with is the mythical nature of the war on terror with 9/11 as the pretext .

The way in which the myth is sold to the American public is dealt with in another of Adam Curtis's documentaries called The Century of Self. I imagine you have seen it but if not I would highly recommend it.

Watch Century of Self: Episode 1 Online - FreeDocumentaries.Org

Until you mentioned it, I hadn't seen any of them. I got to work on it shortly thereafter, and have now seen the first episode. Very interesting. I don't agree with everything he says, but it certainly has a lot of interesting points worth discussing :).
It's long but I find it very interesting. It has a tie in with The Power of Nightmares.

I watched the final video of TPoN. The last episode is really good. Al Qaeda is shown to be a complete fabrication of the US government.

Here's an excerpt from an article I just found that lays out a lot of interesting information regarding Obama leading up to and shortly after 9/11:
During the period 4-14th of July, 2001 (only two months prior to the 9/11-WTC terror attacks), Bin Laden was in the American Hospital in Dubai. According to the United Press International (Oct 31, 2001), Bin Laden underwent kidney surgery and treatment under Dr. Terry Callaway. According to both the French “Le Figaro” & the “Radio France International”, Bin Laden was visited by a top US-CIA agent. This report and the one below are further substantiated by CBS anchor Dan Rather, Peter Bergen, investigative journalist Barry Petersen and Prof. Michel Chussodovsky.
More astonishing is the fact that just a day prior to the September 11 attacks, Bin Laden was undergoing treatment in the Military Hospital in Rawalpindi itself (Le Figaro – Jan 28, 2002). So both the Pakistani Military establishment and the ISI as well as the CIA were more than aware of Bin Laden’s whereabouts.

A few days later Dr. Sanjay Gupta (a highly respected Indian-American within the Medical fraternity) gave his assessment that both due to the heavy US bombing of the Taleban areas as well as the fact that kidney dialysis requires a special environment, it is impossible for a patient to survive beyond a week.

According to Pentagon sources, Bin Laden’s voice could not be detected beyond December 14, 2001.
Reports of Bin Laden’s death have been so widespread that it is a wonder as to how the myth of OBL has been kept alive. Now consider the following reports:

Dale Watson, the FBI chief of counter-terrorism said on BBC that he thought that OBL was dead.
In fact the announcement of OBL’s death and the funeral as well, appeared in the Egytian newspaper Al-Wafd on December 26, 2001. Also refer to an article by Robert Burns (26/04/02) on this matter.

Context of 'July 4-14, 2001: Bin Laden Reportedly Receives Lifesaving Treatment in Dubai, Said to Meet with CIA While There'

Yes I am familiar with the narrative. I'm not invested in it though, it's kind of irrelevant.

if it's true, it suggests that the U.S. government has been lying to us concerning various aspects of Bin Laden, from his relationship with deep black elements of the U.S. military, to the alleged killing of Bin Laden years after his alleged death in 2001. If they can lie about those, it suggests they could be lying about other things concerning 9/11 as well...

Of course they are lying. The evidence is not compelling enough to change hardened minds however. It tends to open one up to being marginalized.

Of course they are lying. The evidence is not compelling enough to change hardened minds however. It tends to open one up to being marginalized.

So true :-/.

Forum List

Back