CDZ The NFL should immediately adopt new rules and guidelines pertaining to

beagle9

Diamond Member
Nov 28, 2011
anyone trying to highjack the sport, highjack it's half time shows or highjack it's brands for the purposes of political statements and/or attacks to be strategically used by way of it's access to millions of viewers. Anyone doing so or attempting such a thing should be banned from the game for no less than 2 years.

anyone trying to highjack the sport, highjack it's half time shows or highjack it's brands for the purposes of political statements and/or attacks to be strategically used by way of it's access to millions of viewers. Anyone doing so or attempting such a thing should be banned from the game for no less than 2 years.

Free market will handle it. If it hurts the bottom line because of incidents you described, trust me, they will be all over it.

I think Kap's days are numbered as it is.

It's not as if this were a front line quarterback or anything. The trajectory for his career has been precipitously down hill the last few years and he won't be around for long.

No raising the flag, singing the anthems, fly overs, half time vet honor programs and awards.

beagle9, you way is not the one and only way.

So you want to ban people for hijacking of the games? Cause I'd like to be high,, Jack...........

No raising the flag, singing the anthems, fly overs, half time vet honor programs and awards.

beagle9, you way is not the one and only way.
. All those things have been a part of the game for ever now, but what has been going on in the last decade or so is something destructive, and not constructive or productive. Such things as have been seen lately have no place in the game, and it's time for it to end. Get some spine NFL, and quit letting these type of politically motivated hacks ruin your brand, the game, and your ownership of your enterprise. The viewership is off already in favor of college football, and some of the exodus has been because of these very things in which has been destroying the NFL's name, level of sport, and it's support.

Why should they do that instead of honoring the right of free speech? I could see if it hurt their bottom line but they understand even bad pub creates dollars for their coffers.

Nationalism is basically brainwashing.
. You love living within a nation that has lost it's identity don't you ? Brainwashing is the very thing used on a people who have lost their way in life, so is it that you fear a nation that might not be fooled or brainwashed so easily anymore ? The (Democrat) party might be over as a force in this nation, and this is when a nation finally sobers up to realize it had been had by them for way to long now.

. You love living within a nation that has lost it's identity don't you ? Brainwashing is the very thing used on a people who have lost their way in life, so is it that you fear a nation that might not be fooled or brainwashed so easily anymore ? The (Democrat) party might be over as a force in this nation, and this is when a nation finally sobers up to realize it had been had by them for way to long now.
You can have an identity without being brainwashed. You cant hope to maintain a false identity when you are the opposite of what you claim you are.

Why should they do that instead of honoring the right of free speech? I could see if it hurt their bottom line but they understand even bad pub creates dollars for their coffers.
. While working for a company, and while on company property in company uniform, your speech is limited to that which promotes and enhances your job, and when you take off that uniform, and leave company property, then you have total freedom of speech once go into the public domain where the freedom of your speech is government protected and honored. I can't just make a huge disturbance at my job without being punished or fired, and the same should go for working within the NFL.

You can have an identity without being brainwashed. You cant hope to maintain a false identity when you are the opposite of what you claim you are.
. There are times and places to do politically motivated things, but high jacking sporting events, concerts or any other high profile event for political purposes is wrong to those who came there, and paid big money to see a game, concert or what ever the event is, where as instead they had to put up with politically motivated high jackers stealing their show, money, and reason for coming to such events be it in the future or the present if it keeps getting worse.

. While working for a company, and while on company property in company uniform, your speech is limited to that which promotes and enhances your job, and when you take off that uniform, and leave company property, then you have total freedom of speech once go into the public domain where the freedom of your speech is government protected and honored. I can't just make a huge disturbance at my job without being punished or fired, and the same should go for working within the NFL.
Thats not true. You always have free speech. Most people confuse free speech with freedom of consequences from that speech. I dont know anyone that could force me not to say something.

. There are times and places to do politically motivated things, but high jacking sporting events, concerts or any other high profile event for political purposes is wrong to those who came there, and paid big money to see a game, concert or what ever the event is, but instead has to put up with politically motivated radicals stealing their show, money, and reason for coming to such events be it in the future or the present if it keeps getting worse.
i disagree. if you are a big star and have a platform then you can bring attention to a political point. Not only has this been done before it will continue to be done. You cant put people in a box because you dont like their politics. They have the same freedom of speech you do. if people dont want to come and watch then they are free to do that.

Thats not true. You always have free speech. Most people confuse free speech with freedom of consequences from that speech. I dont know anyone that could force me not to say something.
. Say the wrong thing at your job, and you will find out, and you will find out that your protection to say what you think ended when you walked into plant property, just as well in some cases with the clothes or shoes you wear, your hair length etc. While out on the sidewalk (AKA) the picket lines it is a different story. You have all your rights that government gives you there, but once enter private property some things change.

. There are times and places to do politically motivated things, but high jacking sporting events, concerts or any other high profile event for political purposes is wrong to those who came there, and paid big money to see a game, concert or what ever the event is, but instead has to put up with politically motivated radicals stealing their show, money, and reason for coming to such events be it in the future or the present if it keeps getting worse.
i disagree. if you are a big star and have a platform then you can bring attention to a political point. Not only has this been done before it will continue to be done. You cant put people in a box because you dont like their politics. They have the same freedom of speech you do. if people dont want to come and watch then they are free to do that.
. Your not free to ruin your companies business for your personal bull crap, and the NFL is a business not a public park in Washington DC.

. Say the wrong thing at your job, and you will find out, and you will find out that your protection to say what you think ended when you walked into plant property, just as well in some cases with the clothes or shoes you wear, your hair length etc. While out on the sidewalk (AKA) the picket lines it is a different story. You have all your rights that government gives you there, but once enter private property some things change.
My protection? The 1rst amendment has nothing to do with your job unless you work for the government. It doesnt protect you from being fired. Even so no matter what they do to you no one can keep you from saying something.

. Your not free to ruin your companies business for your personal bull crap, and the NFL is a business not a public park in Washington DC.
Who said their business was being ruined? BTW yes you are free to ruin your business. You can shut it all down anytime you want to.

Forum List

Back