The War on Meat

I was a body builder for 50 years, it's about both.

I benched 360 at 52 years old.
That’s awesome. I’m at 455 right now (we’ll, some months ago I could, I broke my arm in October and still recovering) if I can still do 360 at 52 that will be an accomplishment.

I was just trying to highlight to whatshisname the difference between bodybuilding and powerlifting. I did say in a previous post that bodybuilders are obviously strong. And there’s obviously a ton of overlap.

That’s awesome. I’m at 455 right now (we’ll, some months ago I could, I broke my arm in October and still recovering) if I can still do 360 at 52 that will be an accomplishment.

I was just trying to highlight to whatshisname the difference between bodybuilding and powerlifting. I did say in a previous post that bodybuilders are obviously strong. And there’s obviously a ton of overlap.

I laughed when he posted that power lifting isn't about explosive strength. WTF? :dunno:

My son does power lifting competitions. There are some amazing athletes in the circuit.

. I did say in a previous post that bodybuilders are obviously strong
yes, they are strong, dock workers are also strong in their own way, but this is not the strength that is in demand in real sports. They have a pile of meat and weak ligaments because they do not load the ligaments with jerks. Their body is not elastic, they do not use reactivity, in short, it is a useless force that you cannot really use anywhere, even at a construction site.

I laughed when he posted that power lifting isn't about explosive strength. WTF?
I know there is a myth in the builder community that they use explosive power, and they even say that they use fast fibers, but this is just a commonplace lie. Compare your deadlift time to explosion clean time or sprinter stride. If you don’t set inertia, then you don’t explode, forget about it.
Explosive force usually uses, in addition to contractions, reactive stretching, the effect of a spring.

If you come to this roughly, this can be explained by the example of a jump. Bodybuilders and lifters, usually with strong legs, cannot jump high, Olympic lifters usually can it. This is because they can blow up their legs and core.

And besides, isolation is used in bodybuilding, this leads to a lack of coordination. This is extremely bad practice for sports. This is de facto generally the opposite of what most athletes aspire to. Most sports require complex coordination.

PS Guys, I do not want to offend anyone, I respect a person who plays sports in any case, but I say what I think, because people are wasting time and opportunities on the wrong path. Decide for yourself what you need.

And besides, isolation is used in bodybuilding, this leads to a lack of coordination. This is extremely bad practice for sports. This is de facto generally the opposite of what most athletes aspire to. Most sports require complex coordination.

PS Guys, I do not want to offend anyone, I respect a person who plays sports in any case, but I say what I think, because people are wasting time and opportunities on the wrong path. Decide for yourself what you need.
Although I still think you’re possibly insane, your talking about bodybuilders being uncoordinated and muscle-bound made me think of a buddy whose biceps got so big he literally couldn’t reach behind to wipe his ass. (He was juicing like crazy). He said his gf sometimes had to help him. Pretty funny.

Although I still think you’re possibly insane, your talking about bodybuilders being uncoordinated and muscle-bound made me think of a buddy whose biceps got so big he literally couldn’t reach behind to wipe his ass. (He was juicing like crazy). He said his gf sometimes had to help him. Pretty funny.
This is often the case, but even if it doesn’t come to that, it still doesn’t improve coordination.
By the way, the fascination with biceps is also nonsense. The biceps are not that important muscles, they mainly work as stabilizers. This is a completely stupid fashon.
Maybe girls like it, but I doubt it really matters to them.

Olympic lifters, on the contrary, are flexible, they have to squat strongly during the clean and jerk and twist their arms strongly during the shvung, they throw their arms back and take the barbell on the joints.

The outstanding weightlifter Vorobyov said that those who did a lot of squatting with a barbell in training worsened their technique and explosive qualities. They had overly strong legs and it was harmful for full lift.

In fact, these disciplines are similar to each other only from the point of view of an amateur. They are as far apart as violin playing and trenching.

Alcohol is another one that turns to sugar in the system.
That's a common myth because many alcoholic beverages such as beer, wine, and some cocktails can cause a spike in blood sugar level in many people. However that does not mean that alcohol is being converted into sugar.

Actually alcohol is converted into acetate by your liver.

Actually alcohol is converted into acetate by your liver
But for this we need alcohol dehydrogenase, which not everyone has. People whose liver assimilates alcohol well, apparently generally use it directly as a source of energy in the krebs cycle, because many alcoholics hardly eat for years but do not lose weight and even have fat deposits. Another part of people cannot break it down normally, and it enters the bloodstream in the form of toxins. Alcoholic madness is apparently connected with this.

Forum List

Back