Booster Shot Lottery

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh
I'm old. I've had my shots. Time for a booster.

CVS - my pharmacy of choice - sends me an email that asks if I want to schedule a shot. Sure.

I answer a dozen or so questions to indicate to them that I'm truly eligible for a booster, blah, blah, blah.

So the website says to just pick the date when I want a shot. It is sitting on today's date. I say OK, and it lists three local pharmacies. I click on them, one at a time, and am told in each case that there are no appointments available for that date. Again. Again. Again.

I expand my search to six pharmacies.

I have to click individually on each one of them, for each day, and wait a few seconds before it tells me, No Appointments Available.

What the fuck?

Isn't this the age of computers? Can't they just check the schedule and TELL ME when appointments are available? Apparently not.

My wife went through the same gauntlet with another pharmacy.

I have an appointment for a booster in mid-December - an appointment I made a mont ago.

Is anyone having to deal with this irritation w/r/t shots?

There are people making claims about boosters, saying that if you have had 2+1, your defenses are better than if you had it and recovered.

Can't say myself, but that is being said.

Nope...I live in an antivaxxer haven. Piece of cake. Called up Publix pharmacy and got one for me and the Missus.

I'm old. I've had my shots. Time for a booster.

CVS - my pharmacy of choice - sends me an email that asks if I want to schedule a shot. Sure.

I answer a dozen or so questions to indicate to them that I'm truly eligible for a booster, blah, blah, blah.

So the website says to just pick the date when I want a shot. It is sitting on today's date. I say OK, and it lists three local pharmacies. I click on them, one at a time, and am told in each case that there are no appointments available for that date. Again. Again. Again.

I expand my search to six pharmacies.

I have to click individually on each one of them, for each day, and wait a few seconds before it tells me, No Appointments Available.

What the fuck?

Isn't this the age of computers? Can't they just check the schedule and TELL ME when appointments are available? Apparently not.

My wife went through the same gauntlet with another pharmacy.

I have an appointment for a booster in mid-December - an appointment I made a mont ago.

Is anyone having to deal with this irritation w/r/t shots?
Just go to your doctor. Likely they have plenty on hand and will just give you your shot then and there. The little "secret" people don't really talk about. Doctors have the vaccines on hand. Just ask.

Forum List

Back