The videographers must shoot the video

Judge rejects couple's argument for refusing gay customers
I understand it is state law not to discriminate. HOWEVER
The people MUST go somewhere and video something they dont want to video. Does that not freak you out?
They MUST use their equipment, drive somewhere and video something THEY DONT WANT TO DO.
I love this part of the article
"Tolerance is a two-way street,"
Too bad people are so intolerant. That goes for the videographers, the legislators and the people wanting them to go against their will.
Public accommodation laws are institutional discrimination. Crazy how people fight for people to be able to marry or whatever and call the govt tyrannical and bigoted, but will support their own form of discrimination.
"as long as its what i believe"
Pathetic

The whole point of anti-discrimination laws is to get people to do what they don't want to do.

The people MUST go somewhere and video something they dont want to video. Does that not freak you out?
They MUST use their equipment, drive somewhere and video something THEY DONT WANT TO DO.
Too bad people are so intolerant. That goes for the videographers, the legislators and the people wanting them to go against their will.
Public accommodation laws are institutional discrimination. Crazy how people fight for people to be able to marry or whatever and call the govt tyrannical and bigoted, but will support their own form of discrimination.
Pathetic

The whole point of anti-discrimination laws is to get people to do what they don't want to do.
Somehow, to a regressive, thats freedom :cuckoo:

Given the trouble and potential loss of business for doing a controversial project, couldn't they charge a lot more for it?

Want a gay wedding cake? That will be $100,000.00. Gay sex photo shoot? $250,000.00.

Do that, and let them bitch about it. THEN you have Courts being asked to set prices for services that people don't want to perform. IF they dare overreach like that, it's time to start shooting.

Pathetic

Do we have speed limit laws in spite of no one wanting to ever drive faster than they should in any given place,

or do we have them to make people do something they don't want to do?

Pathetic

Do we have speed limit laws in spite of no one wanting to ever drive faster than they should in any given place,

The govt has the authority to regulate roadways. Nice try

Pathetic

Dumbass they also have the authority to regulate businesses.

Nice dodge btw, pussycat.

What is the limit on making citizens do things against their will? How far are you willing to intrude on a person's liberty for the sake of happy joyjoy?

What is the limit on making citizens do things against their will? How far are you willing to intrude on a person's liberty for the sake of happy joyjoy?

Liberty has become a throwaway term that RW'ers toss around in lieu of a decent argument.

But, do they have the authority to make a business take on a job the business does not want to do?

If the business does take jobs that are sufficiently similar to the ones they're refusing, then they are violating the equal protection clause of the Constitution.

Pathetic

link?

If the business does take jobs that are sufficiently similar to the ones they're refusing, then they are violating the equal protection clause of the Constitution.
You don't seem to understand the equal protection clause. That only applies to the federal government and to the states through the 14th Amendment. It does not apply to private citizens.

This tortured perversion of rights you espouses is not even the most disturbing. The fact that you think it is okay to use government to force an individual to do business with another individual makes me certain that one day soon, there will be a war.

The free market always fixes these problems WITHOUT government intervention. Somebody will take on the business. Somebody will step up, and those who refuse to do so can live with the stigma of their bigotry. Why can't that be the answer? Why to we have to shit on the rights of individuals?

If you publicly offer your services, then you have made the choice to offer your services to everyone.

No one has forced you to open up a public business. If they only want to offer their services to a specific subset of the population, then the business should not be open to the public, but instead just be word of mouth and private.

Is that a yes or a no?
There is no need to change anything. Individuals have the right to hate and discriminate. Individuals have the right to be racist or intolerant bigots.

You want to outlaw thought. You want to outlaw hate. You want to force idiot bigots to be good. You want to be the mind police. GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY COUNTRY, YOU GOOSE-STEPPING COMMIE SLASH NAZI!!!

If you publicly offer your services, then you have made the choice to offer your services to everyone.

No one has forced you to open up a public business. If they only want to offer their services to a specific subset of the population, then the business should not be open to the public, but instead just be word of mouth and private.
ok

Forum List

Back