The Very Word "Confederate" Is Laden With Negative Connotation

In my readings today I came across a wonderful psalm, Psalm 83 which reads...

1. Keep not thou silence, O God: hold not thy peace, and be not still, O God.
  2. For, lo, thine enemies make a tumult: and they that hate thee have lifted up the head.
  3. They have taken crafty counsel against thy people, and consulted against thy hidden ones.
  4. They have said, Come, and let us cut them off from being a nation; that the name of Israel may be no more in remembrance.
  5. For they have consulted together with one consent: they are confederate against thee:
  6. The tabernacles of Edom, and the Ishmaelites; of Moab, and the Hagarenes;
  7. Gebal, and Ammon, and Amalek; the Philistines with the inhabitants of Tyre;
  8. Assur also is joined with them: they have holpen the children of Lot. Selah.
  9. Do unto them as unto the Midianites; as to Sisera, as to Jabin, at the brook of Kison:
  10. Which perished at Endor: they became as dung for the earth.
  11. Make their nobles like Oreb, and like Zeeb: yea, all their princes as Zebah, and as Zalmunna:
  12. Who said, Let us take to ourselves the houses of God in possession.
  13. O my God, make them like a wheel; as the stubble before the wind.
  14. As the fire burneth a wood, and as the flame setteth the mountains on fire;
  15. So persecute them with thy tempest, and make them afraid with thy storm.
  16. Fill their faces with shame; that they may seek thy name, O Lord.
  17. Let them be confounded and troubled for ever; yea, let them be put to shame, and perish:
  18. That men may know that thou, whose name alone is Jehovah, art the most high over all the earth.
Source: Bible Gateway passage: Psalm 83 - King James Version

Then I looked up the definition of the word and I got...

confederate

[adjective, noun kuh n-fed-er-it, -fed-rit; verb kuh n-fed-uh-reyt]
See more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
adjective
united in a league, alliance, or conspiracy.
(initial capital letter) of or relating to the Confederate States ofAmerica:
the Confederate army.
noun
a person, group, nation, etc., united with others in a confederacy; anally.
an accomplice, especially in a mischievous or criminal act.
(initial capital letter) U.S. History. a supporter of the ConfederateStates of America.
verb (used with or without object), confederated,confederating.
to unite in a league, alliance, or conspiracy.
Source: the definition of confederate

And this is who many, if not most, on the right are aligning themselves with and/or defending.

It does't bode well for the future. It really doesn't.

We should have sent them back to Europe if they weren't willing to live the American way. We don't let Muslims come here and mutilate genitals so why would we allow slave owners to fly that confederate flag around. You lost. Burn the fucking flag. It's like waiving a nazi or ISIS flag.
Do you think the same about the American flag. It flew over slavery. Let's see if your consistent or a hypocrite.

The confederate flag was never a US flag. The 13 stripes represents the first 13 colonies in the US flag.
The American flag flew over slaves. Whatever you say will not change that. So if are consistent you would be against it for the same reason. But you're a hypocrite.

2. For, lo, thine enemies make a tumult: and they that hate thee have lifted up the head.
  3. They have taken crafty counsel against thy people, and consulted against thy hidden ones.
  4. They have said, Come, and let us cut them off from being a nation; that the name of Israel may be no more in remembrance.
  5. For they have consulted together with one consent: they are confederate against thee:
  9. Do unto them as unto the Midianites; as to Sisera, as to Jabin, at the brook of Kison:
  11. Make their nobles like Oreb, and like Zeeb: yea, all their princes as Zebah, and as Zalmunna:
  17. Let them be confounded and troubled for ever; yea, let them be put to shame, and perish:
  18. That men may know that thou, whose name alone is Jehovah, art the most high over all the earth.

confederate

adjective
the Confederate army.
noun
(initial capital letter) U.S. History. a supporter of the ConfederateStates of America.

And this is who many, if not most, on the right are aligning themselves with and/or defending.

We should have sent them back to Europe if they weren't willing to live the American way. We don't let Muslims come here and mutilate genitals so why would we allow slave owners to fly that confederate flag around. You lost. Burn the fucking flag. It's like waiving a nazi or ISIS flag.
Do you think the same about the American flag. It flew over slavery. Let's see if your consistent or a hypocrite.

The confederate flag was never a US flag. The 13 stripes represents the first 13 colonies in the US flag.
The American flag flew over slaves. Whatever you say will not change that. So if are consistent you would be against it for the same reason. But you're a hypocrite.
And soldiers fighting under that flag were killed bringing an end to slavery. What is your point ?

confederate

adjective
the Confederate army.
noun

American+flag+KKK.jpg
There's always a reason for a mask. They are breaking the country's law or God's Law. And they are not willing to share their voice honestly.

confederate

adjective
the Confederate army.
noun

I read even Lee didn't want the flag. When one territory wins over another their flag is no longer flown. The confederate flag did not fly over the slaves. It was a flag made for the succession of states, and well you lost and the flag lost.

confederate

adjective
the Confederate army.
noun

And soldiers fighting under that flag were killed bringing an end to slavery. What is your point ?
The civil war wasn't just about slavery. Just like the one you dumb fucks are working on.

So the negativity goes back to biblical days.

confederate

adjective
the Confederate army.
noun

The Current US Constitution is the Second Constitution of this country.

Do you know the name of the first constitution?

The civil war wasn't just about slavery. Just like the one you dumb fucks are working on.
Whatever gets you through the day.

Fuck, can we just all stipulate that anyone who isn't a PC zealot is Hitler?

And get on with our fucking lives?

Sheesh, everything is just a variation on a freakin' theme.

Well they have to do something, the Russian narrative fizzled out

Robert E Lee was asked to lead the entire Union army. He declined. He said his duty was to defend his land and his home from the Union invasion.

Much more honorable to defend your homeland from an invasion than to invade your neighbor because some Tyrant in Washington said so.

Last edited:

confederate

adjective
the Confederate army.
noun

I read even Lee didn't want the flag. When one territory wins over another their flag is no longer flown. The confederate flag did not fly over the slaves. It was a flag made for the succession of states, and well you lost and the flag lost.
So you quote Lee another monument that your kind wants gone? The fact is your kind wants all confederate images gone because of racism. Another fact the American flag was raised at the same time. No matter how you try to twist it.

Whatever gets you through the day.
Outrage gets liberals through the day.

Fuck, can we just all stipulate that anyone who isn't a PC zealot is Hitler?

And get on with our fucking lives?

Sheesh, everything is just a variation on a freakin' theme.

Well they have to do something, the Russian narrative fizzled out
Well, I'm Hitler, fuck it.

Meh I'm a Nazi and before that a racist and I've been a homophobe and Islamaphobe....this too shall pass until they find a new one to toss around

Let's all blame the Confederacy for having slavery for 4 years, and forget that the USA had slavery for 89 years.
The US got rid of it willingly. The south fought a war to keep it. Some of the dumb fucks would bring it back if they could.

Forum List

Back