The US Will NEVER Have Cross-Country Hi-Speed Rail

Due to urban areas cutting down road access, adding bike lanes, and generally being hostile to anyone who drives a vehicle.
That has nothing to do with congestion problems
Major access points do not have bike lanes

They are hostile to vehicles because city Infrastructure can’t handle the volume

China and India are hardly tiny and you can get High Speed Rail through Europe
Move to those nations. I am sure those with automobiles love the mobility and freedom compared to eing packed into rail cars like cattle. Driving has its drawbacks. Of course, much of the resources meant for it is spent somewhere else. Shanika needs her fifth abortion and has had three children with three different baby daddies.

Move to those nations. I am sure those with automobiles love the mobility and freedom compared to eing packed into rail cars like cattle. Driving has its drawbacks. Of course, much of the resources meant for it is spent somewhere else. Shanika needs her fifth abortion and has had three children with three different baby daddies.
What a stupid response

That has nothing to do with congestion problems
Major access points do not have bike lanes

They are hostile to vehicles because city Infrastructure can’t handle the volume

Those access points feed into local streets, and those are being clogged with bike lanes, pedestrian "galleries" that are really shut down streets, and other forms of thinly hid harassment against drivers.

Meanwhile if you even did manage to get everyone onto mass transit, the systems would be able to handle the load anyway.

What a stupid response
Every person living in a city knows what the truth is. They are judged for their faults also. I bloviated in that last sentence. However, the ghettos remain the same as the costs rise to service them.

Single biggest and best thing to do is allow people to work from their home.

Lower overhead and no traffic jams....

It's an extra two to four hours per day for every employee who doesn't commute.

You used a single train accident to show why we cannot have a bullet train.

Why does your "logic" not hold for interstate highways?
We can't have a bullet train because we can't build one and stay on time and on budget because the corruption of politicians and union bosses make it impossible.

"Residents were warned of "the potential of a catastrophic tanker failure" after a "drastic temperature change" was discovered in the rail car, Ohio GOP Gov. Mike DeWine’s office said in a statement, adding that teams were working to prevent an explosion at the scene in the village of East Palestine.

Everyone within a 1-mile radius of the scene was advised to leave immediately.
"

So many reasons why we will never have coast-to-coast hi-speed rail, but, as they say, a picture is worth a thousand words.

We'll never have intercontinental flights because airplanes can crash.

It's true the US is not as technologically advanced or capable as other developed nations, fair enough.

Were you always this stupid?

are those great options?

We went to NC last month for my mom's birthday.

It is about an 8 hour drive

Flying was a total of 8.5 hours not including the hour or two needed at the airport to get through security prior to your flight.

Uber was not an option.

The bus took more than a day.

Are any of those really great options?

They are better options that spending tens of trillions of dollars on a high-speed rail system that will never actually be completed.

I have taken the Acela which is our excuse for High Speed Rail.
I have taken the line between Boston and DC and it passes through Providence, NYC, Philadelphia, Wilmington and Baltimore.

I can best describe it as hurry up and wait. There are sections where you go 130 mph and then you will slow down to 20 mph due to congestion. It is faster than regular Amtrak because it doesn’t have as many stops.

As a start, we need to modernize the Boston- DC Corridor with legitimate High Speed Rail.

Then we need to look at linking NY with Chicago and a Southern link.

And where, exactly, do you want to build this white elephant? The NEC is already quite crowded-there is NOWHERE to build new tracks.

The only reason it won't is because of the gop won't fund it. It would be nice to have a decent train system to ride cross country but you're cheap and so it will remain a fanstasty. I'd like to see some 300mph trains that travel one side of the country the next.

The gop is so cheap that they're slowly turning our country into a third world one.

China and India are hardly tiny and you can get High Speed Rail through Europe

India-one third the size of the US, but with 4x the people! China-with nearly 5x the US population, most of it concentrated in gigantic cities in the eastern part of the country. (While two of the largest cities in the US are 3000 miles apart.) And, you know, China not having to worry about little things like private property.

The only reason it won't is because of the gop won't fund it. It would be nice to have a decent train system to ride cross country but you're cheap and so it will remain a fanstasty. I'd like to see some 300mph trains that travel one side of the country the next.

The gop is so cheap that they're slowly turning our country into a third world one.

No-the reason it won't happen is because it would cost tens of trillions of dollars, and never actually be finished. It is as necessary as a second appendix.

That's still a 10 hour ride, not including slow downs for stops.

Airplanes handle travel of that distance far easier, and with less infrastructure required.

You used a single train accident to show why we cannot have a bullet train.

Why does your "logic" not hold for interstate highways?

Well California will never have a High speed rail accident. Not unless maybe a piece of the scaffolding falls off and hits someone.

If someone were to suggest the interstate highway system today, the Panama Canal, the Erie Canal, or putting a man on the moon... there is 0.0% chance we would get it done.

We don't do great big things anymore. We're too worried about who gets the first drink at the well to dig one that will quench the thirst of the community.
I'm tired of paying for big things. I want a nice vehicle to go where I want, when I want.

Forum List

Back