The US Will NEVER Have Cross-Country Hi-Speed Rail

easyt65

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2015
1675687858048.png

"Residents were warned of "the potential of a catastrophic tanker failure" after a "drastic temperature change" was discovered in the rail car, Ohio GOP Gov. Mike DeWine’s office said in a statement, adding that teams were working to prevent an explosion at the scene in the village of East Palestine.

Everyone within a 1-mile radius of the scene was advised to leave immediately.
"

So many reasons why we will never have coast-to-coast hi-speed rail, but, as they say, a picture is worth a thousand words.

• Funny
Reactions: cnm
Are you seriously trying to compare vehicles driving on a highway to extremely high-speed cross-country rail, like Japan's Bullet Train?

:auiqs.jpg:

You used a single train accident to show why we cannot have a bullet train.

Why does your "logic" not hold for interstate highways?

If someone were to suggest the interstate highway system today, the Panama Canal, the Erie Canal, or putting a man on the moon... there is 0.0% chance we would get it done.

We don't do great big things anymore. We're too worried about who gets the first drink at the well to dig one that will quench the thirst of the community.

We will never have a cross country bullet train system but it's not because of safety, it's because it would be so expensive as to be cost prohibitive.

Don't believe me? Ask the proglodytes in California how that system from LA to SF is working out for them.
Ask how much has already been wasted & a time frame & accurate cost analysis for completion.

The greenies alone would be enough to shut down the very concept but maybe not before trillion$ were siphoned from the public coffers by corruption.
They may attempt this fools errand by convincing the sheeple that is all about fighting "climate change" & to provide "equity to underserved communities" or other such BS

If someone were to suggest the interstate highway system today, the Panama Canal, the Erie Canal, or putting a man on the moon... there is 0.0% chance we would get it done.

We don't do great big things anymore. We're too worried about who gets the first drink at the well to dig one that will quench the thirst of the community.
How's that California bullet train doing, hmm? :rolleyes-41:

Billions and billions and...nothing. Wasted resources is all.

As I said, there are MANY reasons we will never have coast-to-coast hi-speed rail - learn to read.

Leftist Utopia-land failed to be able to build their proposed hi-speed rail - couldn't make it go a mile.

Why does your "logic" not hold for interstate highways?
The trust in federal legislation like the infrastructure one in November of 2021 is why we do not trust Progs and any fraud Republicans. We are about 15 months in, and money was allocated for the railroads. Results should be apparent y now in all of it. If this was a corridor that was questionable then upgrading it in any way was of importance. Old Joe....

As I said, there are MANY reasons we will never have coast-to-coast hi-speed rail - learn to read.

Leftist Utopia-land failed to be able to build their proposed hi-speed rail - couldn't make it go a mile.

How is it all these countries are capable of doing it yet the US is not? Are they all just that much better/smarter than the US?

China
Spain
Japan
France
Germany
Sweden
United Kingdom
South Korea
Italy
Turkey
Russia
Finland
Uzbekistan
Austria
Belgium
Poland
Netherlands
Switzerland
Luxembourg
Norway

I think a big point of this whole situation that is being ignored is the fact that it happened in the smallish city of East Palestine.

A city that will never have a stop on any High Speed Rail scheme that the libs cook up, at least not for the next thousand years.

The east Palestinians take all of the risk, but get none of the benefits, as travelers go by a tremendous speed whipping from one Urban Heck Hole to another.

And this is the real appeal of HSV. It enables to the Leftards to get from one location to another without having to look at or even speak to a Deplorable on the countryside.

How is it all these countries are capable of doing it yet the US is not? Are they all just that much better/smarter than the US?

China
Spain
Japan
France
Germany
Sweden
United Kingdom
South Korea
Italy
Turkey
Russia
Finland
Uzbekistan
Austria
Belgium
Poland
Netherlands
Switzerland
Luxembourg
Norway

If you want to get to some place fast in America, just buy a ticket for one of our tremendous airlines and jet travel.

Airports are often located to suburban type areas, so you don't have to worry about ruining your gucci loafers as you get mugged leaving the station in an urban hell hole.

How is it all these countries are capable of doing it yet the US is not?

There is a whole ton of research and info on this - educate yourself.

A large part to do with it is infrastructure.

Democrats want a solar-powered, coast-to-coast, high-speed rail system, but even when they controlled tbe WH & both Hoyses in Congress they could not pass an infrastructure bill to address the existing dilapidated/crumbling highway systems and bridges that so badly need repair in this country.

China
Spain
Japan
France
Germany
Sweden
United Kingdom
South Korea
Italy
Turkey
Russia
Finland
Uzbekistan
Austria
Belgium
Poland
Netherlands
Switzerland
Luxembourg
Norway

Are any of those transcontinental?

Most are countries that are the size of one or at most 2-3 of our States.

Is the Trans-Siberian Railroad "high speed"?

I think a big point of this whole situation that is being ignored is the fact that it happened in the smallish city of East Palestine.

A city that will never have a stop on any High Speed Rail scheme that the libs cook up, at least not for the next thousand years.

The east Palestinians take all of the risk, but get none of the benefits, as travelers go by a tremendous speed whipping from one Urban Heck Hole to another.

And this is the real appeal of HSV. It enables to the Leftards to get from one location to another without having to look at or even speak to a Deplorable on the countryside.
The US currently pumps millions of dollars into Amtrack every year because it can not break even, let alone make a profit.

Forget 'hi-speed rail' - the last 2 times I rode Amtrack from Ga to NY it took me almost 16 hours each time because both the times the train stalled on the track for HOURS!

I read years ago it had something to do with welded track (CWR) but for the life of me I can't remember exactly why.....Something to do with the welded track would have to be more or less dedicated to HSR instead of HSR and freight.....If a HSR train had to transition to butt-ended traditional track the advantage would be lost because it's not designed for 200mph speeds.

But I could be wrong.

Forum List

Back