The US Will NEVER Have Cross-Country Hi-Speed Rail

There is a whole ton of research and info on this - educate yourself.

A large part to do with it is infrastructure.

Democrats want a solar-powered, coast-to-coast, high-speed rail system, but even when they controlled tbe WH & both Hoyses in Congress they could not pass an infrastructure bill to address the existing dilapidated/crumbling highway systems and bridges that so badly need repair in this country.

I remember the Porkulus that Hussein rammed through in 2009.

It was supposed to resolve and repair the Infrastructure problem with Shovel Ready jobs.

But the reality was that only 2.3 cents out of every million dollars authorized by the law was used for anything remotely connected with "infrastructure", and Obama used the money as a slush fund.

I read years ago it had something to do with welded track (CWR) but for the life of me I can't remember exactly why.....Something to do with the welded track would have to be more or less dedicated to HSR instead of HSR and freight.....If a HSR train had to transition to butt-ended traditional track the advantage would be lost because it's not designed for 200mph speeds.

But I could be wrong.

HSR really requires dedicated track that as most is also used for local passenger rail near cities.

Freight has to be a separate system, and in the US our passenger rail city to city was always run by the freight companies who owned the tracks, until Amtrak took over ownership of the trains, but not the rails.

How is it all these countries are capable of doing it yet the US is not? Are they all just that much better/smarter than the US?

China
Spain
Japan
France
Germany
Sweden
United Kingdom
South Korea
Italy
Turkey
Russia
Finland
Uzbekistan
Austria
Belgium
Poland
Netherlands
Switzerland
Luxembourg
Norway

Those countries do not have to deal with Conservative Republicans

I remember the Porkulus that Hussein rammed through in 2009.

It was supposed to resolve and repair the Infrastructure problem with Shovel Ready jobs.

But the reality was that only 2.3 cents out of every million dollars authorized by the law was used for anything remotely connected with "infrastructure", and Obama used the money as a slush fund.

High Speed Rail is not a Shovel Ready project

HSR really requires dedicated track that as most is also used for local passenger rail near cities.

Freight has to be a separate system, and in the US our passenger rail city to city was always run by the freight companies who owned the tracks, until Amtrak took over ownership of the trains, but not the rails.
OK, that makes sense.

View attachment 754407
"Residents were warned of "the potential of a catastrophic tanker failure" after a "drastic temperature change" was discovered in the rail car, Ohio GOP Gov. Mike DeWine’s office said in a statement, adding that teams were working to prevent an explosion at the scene in the village of East Palestine.

Everyone within a 1-mile radius of the scene was advised to leave immediately.
"

So many reasons why we will never have coast-to-coast hi-speed rail, but, as they say, a picture is worth a thousand words.

Because whenever the taxpayers are foolish enough to buy into it, the leftists raise the taxes and then pocket the money, and what results is pathetic.

It isn't a needed project either.

Get in your car or go out to the airport. Call an Uber, or take a bus.

It isn't like you don't have plenty of great options.

Have you seen the traffic around major cities?
Have you seen how reliable our air network has been?

Almost all developed countries have invested in High Speed Rail and it has been very successful

The US used to lead in accepting modern technologies

Those countries do not have to deal with Conservative Republicans

iu

It isn't a needed project either.

Get in your car or go out to the airport. Call an Uber, or take a bus.

It isn't like you don't have plenty of great options.

are those great options?

We went to NC last month for my mom's birthday.

It is about an 8 hour drive

Flying was a total of 8.5 hours not including the hour or two needed at the airport to get through security prior to your flight.

Uber was not an option.

The bus took more than a day.

Are any of those really great options?

are those great options?

We went to NC last month for my mom's birthday.

It is about an 8 hour drive

Flying was a total of 8.5 hours not including the hour or two needed at the airport to get through security prior to your flight.

Uber was not an option.

The bus took more than a day.

Are any of those really great options?
The Uber driver was so great in Tampa I took his card and had him pick me up / drive me everytime I went down on business for a year+.

Democrats want a solar-powered, coast-to-coast, high-speed rail system, but even when they controlled tbe WH & both Hoyses in Congress they could not pass an infrastructure bill to address the existing dilapidated/crumbling highway systems and bridges that so badly need repair in this country.
Ah, right, the US is not advanced or capable enough. Fair enough.

The Uber driver was so great in Tampa I took his card and had him pick me up / drive me everytime I went down on business for a year+.

Uber is great when there is no other option.

Not really a good option for going from state to state

Everyone within a 1-mile radius of the scene was advised to leave immediately."

Actually, they were THREATENED, that if they DON'T leave, they will be prosecuted under various emergency laws, especially if they have kids.

They say that if the train blows, the explosion could throw shrapnel up to a mile away.

The State has taken charge and you are hereby ORDERED out of your house--- no longer YOUR decision to make if you want to accept the risk. :smoke:

I have taken the Acela which is our excuse for High Speed Rail.
I have taken the line between Boston and DC and it passes through Providence, NYC, Philadelphia, Wilmington and Baltimore.

I can best describe it as hurry up and wait. There are sections where you go 130 mph and then you will slow down to 20 mph due to congestion. It is faster than regular Amtrak because it doesn’t have as many stops.

As a start, we need to modernize the Boston- DC Corridor with legitimate High Speed Rail.

Then we need to look at linking NY with Chicago and a Southern link.

Actually, they were THREATENED, that if they DON'T leave, they will be prosecuted under various emergency laws, especially if they have kids.

They say that if the train blows, the explosion could throw shrapnel up to a mile away.

The State has taken charge and you are hereby ORDERED out of your house--- no longer YOUR decision to make if you want to accept the risk. :smoke:

:linky:

Forum List

Back