The U.S. Needs To Act Against Russian Threat To Ukraine!

Except for crap of the word "enslave", yes it was obligation. And first of all, the USSR had obligations to its people. Together with Hitler, Romanians, Hungarians, Poles, Croats, Slovaks etc. came to enslave the soviet people.

You enslaved Eastern Europe to protect Russians.

Now NATO protects Eastern Europeans from Russians.

The USSR declared them fraternal countries...

Well, that makes enslavement more palatable.

They were "enslaved", can only be said by an idiot.

Defending enslavement can only be done by an idiot.

despite the promises made to Gorbachev that NATO will not advance to the east,

Free countries deciding to join NATO, just awful!!

Trust Russia not to invade.

Which would ultimately be pointless.

They have known the solution for decades now, and that has been to join NATO. But they still sit on the fence, wanting to get the benefits but without ever actually joining and accepting the responsibilities.

So until they wake up and join some kind of defensive treaty, they are just going to remain on their own.
Corruption. This word explains everything why Ukraine is in the current position now. Through years high-ranked Ukrainians officials imitated reforms to get benefits for themselves.

Do you know that Russia was truing to be NATO member? Guess who was against it.

Oh nonsense. In over 30 years Russia has never held talks with NATO with the aim of joining. It was never seriously considered by either side.

Does not matter who was "against it", Russia never wanted to do it ever. So nothing else matters.

They were "enslaved", can only be said by an idiot.

Oh yes, and all those tanks that they sent into the various republics over the years were just super-heavy duty tractors.

szent_istvan_korut_a_falk_miksa_nephadsereg_utca_felol_a_honved_utca_fele_nezve._a_szovjet_csapatok_ideiglenes_kivonulasa_1956._oktober_31-en._fortepan_24787.jpg

aVwxgww_460s.jpg

725c5b58851472899b01365f35f14bf9.jpg

Corruption. This word explains everything why Ukraine is in the current position now. Through years high-ranked Ukrainians officials imitated reforms to get benefits for themselves.

Look, I really do not care what the reason is or not. The point is, they have not joined. Therefore, unless the UN gets involved, it is their own problem.

It has been reported in the Washington Post (on Dec. 3 of this year) that American intelligence is assessing the ultimate size of the Russian military force amassing on the Ukrainian border at one-hundred and seventy-five thousand troops the number is already over 100K, many people think this is an omen that the country of Russia will invade Ukraine and annex it. The world has already seen how Russian President Putin stole Ukrainian territory in Russia's military conquest of Crimea in the last ten years; the media has well reported that Vladimir Putin doesn't think of Ukraine as a sovereign country but rather as part of Mother Russia. Wisdom calls for acting like Russia's invasion of Ukraine is imminent. Now America has this segment of Americans that says we shouldn't funnel huge amounts of military equipment to the country of Ukraine to defend itself against Russian aggression because doing so will provoke Russian Vladimir Putin to attack Ukraine because he will argue that America massively arming the Ukrainian army poses a security threat to Russia because Ukraine is on Russia's border so Russia has to invade and conquer Ukraine to eliminate this military threat. The proper thinking on this issue is we're past the stage of worrying about provoking Putin his amassing 175K troops on Ukrainian border should be interpreted that he is intending to invade and conquer Ukraine.

I am not a military expert and have no background in the military but I believe that America should be outstandingly generous in giving military equipment to Ukraine in order to help that country defend itself, be outstandingly accommodating to the Ukraine military leadership's request for assistance in this area. My reasoning is that the Ukrainian people are a good people over the last ten years with this ongoing Russian conflict America has had many contacts with the Ukrainian people and learned they are a good people that deserve their sovereign rights that being the right to their own country. Further, with the world struggling to come out of the Covid 19 pandemic with European countries trying to rebuild their economies which took a terrible hit from this disease the last thing in the world Europe needs is Russia conducting military expansionism and taking over the huge European country of Ukraine. Plus, the world doesn't need to go backwards to Cold War times with a Russian Empire in Eastern Europe America needs to make an outstanding effort to not go back to this security nightmare!

In regards to the issue of whether or not U.S. military personnel should be utilized to defend the country of Ukraine from a military attack from Russia. Ordinarily, I would say no the country of Ukraine is the Ukrainian citizens country it is not the American citizens country American men and women should not give their life defending Ukraine sovereignty it is the Ukrainian citizens duty to make this sacrifice. If America had a Treaty or Treaty like obligation to Ukraine that would be a different story, obviously Ukraine isn't in the Nato alliance so there is no Nato Treaty obligation; there is a matter of an agreement between America in conjunction with a whole bunch of other countries and the country of Ukraine to get Ukraine to disarm all nuclear weapons after the Cold War ended, I don't know the details of that agreement so I have no comment on that issue. But I do think that at the present time the times are extraordinary which does warrant America getting involved in a military conflict related to Russia invading Ukraine albeit in a limited manner. The reasoning goes like this if Russia invades and conquers Ukraine that is going to create a gigantic tidal wave of refugees flooding into Europe, the refugee numbers will range in the hundreds of thousands if not millions not only will this cause grave economic hardship on European countries but this will cause division between these countries (because some countries will not take these refugees or as many that need to be taken) likely so severe that it could threaten the NATO military alliance this cannot be allowed to happen America needs NATO to exist and be a strong and reliable alliance, no other option can be tolerated, so America must act on this Russia invasion matter to protect and preserve the NATO alliance. Specifically what is meant here is not deploying U.S. ground troops on Ukrainian soil what is meant here is if the Russian military invades Ukraine, U.S. air power will be used to slow, weaken and hopefully stop the invasion. U.S. air planes should be used to bomb the advancing Russian tank and troop columns; the Ukrainian military is at least a respectable modern military (they've comported themselves well in the fighting on the Eastern Ukraine border against the Russian proxies over the last eight years) with U.S. air power assistance they should be able to at least stop any Russian military invasion if not repel it out of the country of Ukraine!
+1

+1

You want the US to get involved in a war so that our illustrious leaders children will still have jobs in the Ukraine,,,, Remember that the Ukraine is not our circus and they are not our monkeys.
1638997444631.png

Look, I really do not care what the reason is or not. The point is, they have not joined. Therefore, unless the UN gets involved, it is their own problem.
The UN won't get involved, of course. And yes, the US don't have any legal obligations to defend Ukraine.

Some cite the Budapest memorandum as such an obligation. But basically, it doesn't have the force of a treaty.

No we don't, Ukraine is a distraction, the real threat is to Taiwan, Biden, or his handlers, intend to hand Taiwan to China, that is what Ukraine is all about, smoke & mirrors. They (billionaires) have no intention of upsetting the multi-trillion dollar apple cart they have invested the entire US manufacturing infrastructure into, the real target is Taiwan, Ukraine is the excuse or rather the cover the treacherous US criminal class need in order to betray Taiwan to China....

In case you haven't noticed, Biden and his entire family, they are sold out, and I mean absolutely totally sold out, to both China and Russia, the US handed both Europe and Ukraine to Russia on a platter, Biden killed US energy, it was his very first official act upon usurping the presidency, that forced Europe to turn to Russia for heating and cooling(Gas), that was no blunder, no more than what Biden intentionally did to the US and Nato in Afghansitan was a blunder, it was all by design, to fracture the Nato alliance, and immediately check American influence and power globally.

You'll see, Taiwan is gone, and with it, all of Asia including Japan and South Korea..... The greatest sell out in human history is in the end stage, Trump stopped them for four years, and that is why they hated him and got rid of him, now they just finish the job, getting rid of us too.
Yep.....
The two offensives will probably happen at the same time....IMO

Biden has taken millions of dollars from Xi and Putin. The compromised tool will do nothing...except to order sanctions against them.

Taiwan & Ukraine are as good as gone.

Don't forget - Barry & Joe already gave Putin Crimea.

- Barry & Joe already gave Putin Crimea.
Really? I remember russians gave Alaska to US, but don't remember any american politician having something to do with giving Crimea to Russia... As far as I remember, the colonies were still fighting with Britain for independence, when Crimea became part of Russia...

Really? I remember russians gave Alaska to US, but don't remember any american politician having something to do with giving Crimea to Russia... As far as I remember, the colonies were still fighting with Britain for independence, when Crimea became part of Russia...
NATO wants the sea port....Putin is not going to give it to them.

Jo

The UN won't get involved, of course. And yes, the US don't have any legal obligations to defend Ukraine.

Some cite the Budapest memorandum as such an obligation. But basically, it doesn't have the force of a treaty.

That is the thing about treaties, they require things from both sides.

When one only wants something and is willing to offer nothing in return, then I look at them as a child and move along. Of course the US has no legal obligation, they have not signed such a treaty with anybody.

This therefore is all on them. If they start to make friends Internationally and enter in such agreements, then they would likely get aid. But as long as they do not, that is all on them.

That is the thing about treaties, they require things from both sides.

When one only wants something and is willing to offer nothing in return, then I look at them as a child and move along. Of course the US has no legal obligation, they have not signed such a treaty with anybody.

This therefore is all on them. If they start to make friends Internationally and enter in such agreements, then they would likely get aid. But as long as they do not, that is all on them.
That is a good question who would sign such a treaty with Ukraine. Even if we assume that Ukraine has undertaken all reforms and met required standards.

I have strong doubts that Ukraine ever joins Nato. Except of internal problems, it will have external obstacles to do that. Many in Europe are too scared of Russia and even a formal invitation of Ukraine to join the bloc will be considered as a too provocative step. Actually, I can't count only a few countries in Europe which would support this move.

I have strong doubts that Ukraine ever joins Nato. Except of internal problems, it will have external obstacles to do that. Many in Europe are too scared of Russia and even a formal invitation of Ukraine to join the bloc will be considered as a too provocative step. Actually, I can't count only a few countries in Europe which would support this move.

Well, they have tried to walk in the middle now for the last 30 years. Neither joining NATO, nor the CIS. And has been seen a great many times over the centuries, if a country tries to walk in the middle without taking any sides it stands a good chance from getting hit from one side or the other. And sometimes, even by both sides.

The US tried that for well over a century, and still had gotten sucked into a great many wars, sometimes being targeted by both sides in a conflict. And after over 200 years had finally learned their lesson in that.

Do I hate what Russia is doing to the Ukraine, of course. But ultimately, Ukraine is the nation that never tried to form bonds and alliances for self-defense. And so long as they continue to do so, they are on their own.

And to be honest, I could not give a fig if Russia likes the Ukraine or any other nation joining NATO or not. They have no right to complain, no more than the US or anybody else has a right to complain if some nations decide to join the CIS. In fact, I also have been shaking my head and wondering why GUAM is not doing anything. They did create a "peacekeeping force", but it has done nothing.

Forum List

Back