The U.S. Needs To Act Against Russian Threat To Ukraine!

JimofPennsylvan

Platinum Member
Jun 6, 2007
It has been reported in the Washington Post (on Dec. 3 of this year) that American intelligence is assessing the ultimate size of the Russian military force amassing on the Ukrainian border at one-hundred and seventy-five thousand troops the number is already over 100K, many people think this is an omen that the country of Russia will invade Ukraine and annex it. The world has already seen how Russian President Putin stole Ukrainian territory in Russia's military conquest of Crimea in the last ten years; the media has well reported that Vladimir Putin doesn't think of Ukraine as a sovereign country but rather as part of Mother Russia. Wisdom calls for acting like Russia's invasion of Ukraine is imminent. Now America has this segment of Americans that says we shouldn't funnel huge amounts of military equipment to the country of Ukraine to defend itself against Russian aggression because doing so will provoke Russian Vladimir Putin to attack Ukraine because he will argue that America massively arming the Ukrainian army poses a security threat to Russia because Ukraine is on Russia's border so Russia has to invade and conquer Ukraine to eliminate this military threat. The proper thinking on this issue is we're past the stage of worrying about provoking Putin his amassing 175K troops on Ukrainian border should be interpreted that he is intending to invade and conquer Ukraine.

I am not a military expert and have no background in the military but I believe that America should be outstandingly generous in giving military equipment to Ukraine in order to help that country defend itself, be outstandingly accommodating to the Ukraine military leadership's request for assistance in this area. My reasoning is that the Ukrainian people are a good people over the last ten years with this ongoing Russian conflict America has had many contacts with the Ukrainian people and learned they are a good people that deserve their sovereign rights that being the right to their own country. Further, with the world struggling to come out of the Covid 19 pandemic with European countries trying to rebuild their economies which took a terrible hit from this disease the last thing in the world Europe needs is Russia conducting military expansionism and taking over the huge European country of Ukraine. Plus, the world doesn't need to go backwards to Cold War times with a Russian Empire in Eastern Europe America needs to make an outstanding effort to not go back to this security nightmare!

In regards to the issue of whether or not U.S. military personnel should be utilized to defend the country of Ukraine from a military attack from Russia. Ordinarily, I would say no the country of Ukraine is the Ukrainian citizens country it is not the American citizens country American men and women should not give their life defending Ukraine sovereignty it is the Ukrainian citizens duty to make this sacrifice. If America had a Treaty or Treaty like obligation to Ukraine that would be a different story, obviously Ukraine isn't in the Nato alliance so there is no Nato Treaty obligation; there is a matter of an agreement between America in conjunction with a whole bunch of other countries and the country of Ukraine to get Ukraine to disarm all nuclear weapons after the Cold War ended, I don't know the details of that agreement so I have no comment on that issue. But I do think that at the present time the times are extraordinary which does warrant America getting involved in a military conflict related to Russia invading Ukraine albeit in a limited manner. The reasoning goes like this if Russia invades and conquers Ukraine that is going to create a gigantic tidal wave of refugees flooding into Europe, the refugee numbers will range in the hundreds of thousands if not millions not only will this cause grave economic hardship on European countries but this will cause division between these countries (because some countries will not take these refugees or as many that need to be taken) likely so severe that it could threaten the NATO military alliance this cannot be allowed to happen America needs NATO to exist and be a strong and reliable alliance, no other option can be tolerated, so America must act on this Russia invasion matter to protect and preserve the NATO alliance. Specifically what is meant here is not deploying U.S. ground troops on Ukrainian soil what is meant here is if the Russian military invades Ukraine, U.S. air power will be used to slow, weaken and hopefully stop the invasion. U.S. air planes should be used to bomb the advancing Russian tank and troop columns; the Ukrainian military is at least a respectable modern military (they've comported themselves well in the fighting on the Eastern Ukraine border against the Russian proxies over the last eight years) with U.S. air power assistance they should be able to at least stop any Russian military invasion if not repel it out of the country of Ukraine!

No we don't, Ukraine is a distraction, the real threat is to Taiwan, Biden, or his handlers, intend to hand Taiwan to China, that is what Ukraine is all about, smoke & mirrors. They (billionaires) have no intention of upsetting the multi-trillion dollar apple cart they have invested the entire US manufacturing infrastructure into, the real target is Taiwan, Ukraine is the excuse or rather the cover the treacherous US criminal class need in order to betray Taiwan to China....

In case you haven't noticed, Biden and his entire family, they are sold out, and I mean absolutely totally sold out, to both China and Russia, the US handed both Europe and Ukraine to Russia on a platter, Biden killed US energy, it was his very first official act upon usurping the presidency, that forced Europe to turn to Russia for heating and cooling(Gas), that was no blunder, no more than what Biden intentionally did to the US and Nato in Afghansitan was a blunder, it was all by design, to fracture the Nato alliance, and immediately check American influence and power globally.

You'll see, Taiwan is gone, and with it, all of Asia including Japan and South Korea..... The greatest sell out in human history is in the end stage, Trump stopped them for four years, and that is why they hated him and got rid of him, now they just finish the job, getting rid of us too.

Sell them enough high-end anti-armor weapons to make Russia fear losing LOTS of tanks. Give them intel as needed for planning or defending assaults. Back them with whatever logistical expertise we can BUT... Europe should be handling this.. Russia is THEIR business partner. IMO, Putin is just testing the waters to see if he can do an international smash and grab while America is divided and has a Turnip for president. XI will do the same thing.

No we don't, Ukraine is a distraction, the real threat is to Taiwan, Biden, or his handlers, intend to hand Taiwan to China, that is what Ukraine is all about, smoke & mirrors. They (billionaires) have no intention of upsetting the multi-trillion dollar apple cart they have invested the entire US manufacturing infrastructure into, the real target is Taiwan, Ukraine is the excuse or rather the cover the treacherous US criminal class need in order to betray Taiwan to China....

In case you haven't noticed, Biden and his entire family, they are sold out, and I mean absolutely totally sold out, to both China and Russia, the US handed both Europe and Ukraine to Russia on a platter, Biden killed US energy, it was his very first official act upon usurping the presidency, that forced Europe to turn to Russia for heating and cooling(Gas), that was no blunder, no more than what Biden intentionally did to the US and Nato in Afghansitan was a blunder, it was all by design, to fracture the Nato alliance, and immediately check American influence and power globally.

You'll see, Taiwan is gone, and with it, all of Asia including Japan and South Korea..... The greatest sell out in human history is in the end stage, Trump stopped them for four years, and that is why they hated him and got rid of him, now they just finish the job, getting rid of us too.
Post of the year....

All Americans should be down on their knees praying for their government to stay out of the Ukraine, to let Putin have the Ukraine if he wants it. Putin is many things; a reckless fool is not one of them. If Russia invades and conquers the Ukraine it will stop there. Eastern Europe is not in the cards for old Vlad simply because a Russian invasion of that heavily NATO protected region would result in immediate overpowering US military response. Putin wants to extend his "buffer" zone. I say fine, let him do it, let him have it. If Russia suddenly decided to park its military forces 500 miles from Washington DC our government would rattle and draw its saber in no time flat.

It has been reported in the Washington Post (on Dec. 3 of this year) that American intelligence is assessing the ultimate size of the Russian military force amassing on the Ukrainian border at one-hundred and seventy-five thousand troops the number is already over 100K, many people think this is an omen that the country of Russia will invade Ukraine and annex it. The world has already seen how Russian President Putin stole Ukrainian territory in Russia's military conquest of Crimea in the last ten years; the media has well reported that Vladimir Putin doesn't think of Ukraine as a sovereign country but rather as part of Mother Russia. Wisdom calls for acting like Russia's invasion of Ukraine is imminent. Now America has this segment of Americans that says we shouldn't funnel huge amounts of military equipment to the country of Ukraine to defend itself against Russian aggression because doing so will provoke Russian Vladimir Putin to attack Ukraine because he will argue that America massively arming the Ukrainian army poses a security threat to Russia because Ukraine is on Russia's border so Russia has to invade and conquer Ukraine to eliminate this military threat. The proper thinking on this issue is we're past the stage of worrying about provoking Putin his amassing 175K troops on Ukrainian border should be interpreted that he is intending to invade and conquer Ukraine.

I am not a military expert and have no background in the military but I believe that America should be outstandingly generous in giving military equipment to Ukraine in order to help that country defend itself, be outstandingly accommodating to the Ukraine military leadership's request for assistance in this area. My reasoning is that the Ukrainian people are a good people over the last ten years with this ongoing Russian conflict America has had many contacts with the Ukrainian people and learned they are a good people that deserve their sovereign rights that being the right to their own country. Further, with the world struggling to come out of the Covid 19 pandemic with European countries trying to rebuild their economies which took a terrible hit from this disease the last thing in the world Europe needs is Russia conducting military expansionism and taking over the huge European country of Ukraine. Plus, the world doesn't need to go backwards to Cold War times with a Russian Empire in Eastern Europe America needs to make an outstanding effort to not go back to this security nightmare!

In regards to the issue of whether or not U.S. military personnel should be utilized to defend the country of Ukraine from a military attack from Russia. Ordinarily, I would say no the country of Ukraine is the Ukrainian citizens country it is not the American citizens country American men and women should not give their life defending Ukraine sovereignty it is the Ukrainian citizens duty to make this sacrifice. If America had a Treaty or Treaty like obligation to Ukraine that would be a different story, obviously Ukraine isn't in the Nato alliance so there is no Nato Treaty obligation; there is a matter of an agreement between America in conjunction with a whole bunch of other countries and the country of Ukraine to get Ukraine to disarm all nuclear weapons after the Cold War ended, I don't know the details of that agreement so I have no comment on that issue. But I do think that at the present time the times are extraordinary which does warrant America getting involved in a military conflict related to Russia invading Ukraine albeit in a limited manner. The reasoning goes like this if Russia invades and conquers Ukraine that is going to create a gigantic tidal wave of refugees flooding into Europe, the refugee numbers will range in the hundreds of thousands if not millions not only will this cause grave economic hardship on European countries but this will cause division between these countries (because some countries will not take these refugees or as many that need to be taken) likely so severe that it could threaten the NATO military alliance this cannot be allowed to happen America needs NATO to exist and be a strong and reliable alliance, no other option can be tolerated, so America must act on this Russia invasion matter to protect and preserve the NATO alliance. Specifically what is meant here is not deploying U.S. ground troops on Ukrainian soil what is meant here is if the Russian military invades Ukraine, U.S. air power will be used to slow, weaken and hopefully stop the invasion. U.S. air planes should be used to bomb the advancing Russian tank and troop columns; the Ukrainian military is at least a respectable modern military (they've comported themselves well in the fighting on the Eastern Ukraine border against the Russian proxies over the last eight years) with U.S. air power assistance they should be able to at least stop any Russian military invasion if not repel it out of the country of Ukraine!
russia isn't going into ukraine. just saber rattling by a moron in the WH.
Oh lookie what I did, I averted a war. LOL

All Americans should be down on their knees praying for their government to stay out of the Ukraine, to let Putin have the Ukraine if he wants it. Putin is many things; a reckless fool is not one of them. If Russia invades and conquers the Ukraine it will stop there. Eastern Europe is not in the cards for old Vlad simply because a Russian invasion of that heavily NATO protected region would result in immediate overpowering US military response. Putin wants to extend his "buffer" zone. I say fine, let him do it, let him have it. If Russia suddenly decided to park its military forces 500 miles from Washington DC our government would rattle and draw its saber in no time flat.
Coward. Plain and simple, you chose the coward's approach.

Nope.

Feel free to send your kids to die over there though....

Biden has already given the green light for Russia to take Eastern Ukraine and for China to take Taiwan.

unfortunately with the weakness shown by the current admin ...[especially after the Afghan disaster] it seems that China ,Russia , N Korea , and Iran are saber rattling and forming stronger alliances ! China and Russia have been holding large scale joint military drills in the past few months .. i wouldnt be surprised if both nations make a move together China on Taiwan while Russia moves against Ukraine with Iran and N Korea causing trouble in the regions they occupy at the same time ! we could be staring into the face of WW lll !

If US planes bombed Russian tank and troop columns, Russia would have cause to declare war on the US, opening the possibilty of nuclear missle attacks on US cities.

Bombing Russian troops would be about the dumbest thing America could ever do, and for what ? To intervene in a Ukraine/Russia issue that Russia perhaps has some validity to their position ? Who are we to say that Ukraine should not be a part of Russia ?

The history of Ukraine and Russia (with Ukraine being part of Russia for centuries) is a very complex set of scenarios. Ukrainians entered World War I on the side of both the Central Powers, under Austria, and the Triple Entente, under Russia. Three-and-a-half million Ukrainians fought with the Imperial Russian Army,
In World War 2, Ukraine as part of Russia, fought against Hitler, and the losses of the Ukrainian people in the war amounted to 40-44% of the total losses of the USSR.[124]

For the US to get involved in this is not sensible. I sense another Vietnam in the works here. Bad.

Lastly Ukraine is the poorest country in Europe, despite a literacy rate of 99.4%. In 2018, Ukraine's median wealth per adult was $40, one of the lowest in the world. Much of this is due to massive political corruption. Perhaps, going back to mother Russia would be a good thing for the Ukraninan people. What would be the USA's role ? To help the fat cat, corrupt politicians there ?

We should not send one bullet, not one body not a single aircraft. Not even a drone. This isn't a bunch of wild eyed sandpipers yelling Allah akbar. The Russians have a trained army of fighting men.
And the largest arsenal of nuclear missles in the world.

Sell them enough high-end anti-armor weapons to make Russia fear losing LOTS of tanks. Give them intel as needed for planning or defending assaults. Back them with whatever logistical expertise we can BUT... Europe should be handling this.. Russia is THEIR business partner. IMO, Putin is just testing the waters to see if he can do an international smash and grab while America is divided and has a Turnip for president. XI will do the same thing.
But would "backing Ukraine" be backing the Ukranian PEOPLE, or the corrupt Ukranian polticians, who keep their people in extreme poverty ? I sense it is the latter.

Forum List

Back