The types of people being arrested and sentenced for 1/6

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012

This from NBC news

Apparently a man from Alabama drove a truck that had weapons and what police say were molotov-cocktails. He was arrested for a weapons violation once he returned to his truck to go home.

The man did not use any of those weapons during the protesting, and said he had had no plans to use them.

From the article:

The hearing in Washington was briefly derailed when he disputed that he had Molotov cocktails capable of exploding. He told the judge that the 11 mason jars found in the back of his truck contained gasoline that had been poured inside three years ago and that it had evaporated.

“I don’t think this plea can be accepted,” U.S. District Judge Colleen Kollar-Kotelly said. “He indicated that these were not destructive devices.”

Coffman’s lawyer asked the judge to meet privately with his client. After a short break, Coffman admitted that he made the devices and that they could have been used as Molotov cocktails. But he said he had no plans of detonating them in Washington.

“The jars had been in my truck for some time,” he said. “I did not plan on blowing nothing up or nothing like that. I agree that they could have been used for that purpose, but I was not going to use them for that purpose.”

He also pleaded guilty to a federal count brought in Alabama related to 12 additional Molotov cocktails found in his home. The case was transferred to Washington last month.

So he is law enforcements worst nightmare, eh?

Those being arrested for attempted murder are treated better.

This from NBC news

Apparently a man from Alabama drove a truck that had weapons and what police say were molotov-cocktails. He was arrested for a weapons violation once he returned to his truck to go home.

The man did not use any of those weapons during the protesting, and said he had had no plans to use them.

From the article:

The hearing in Washington was briefly derailed when he disputed that he had Molotov cocktails capable of exploding. He told the judge that the 11 mason jars found in the back of his truck contained gasoline that had been poured inside three years ago and that it had evaporated.

“I don’t think this plea can be accepted,” U.S. District Judge Colleen Kollar-Kotelly said. “He indicated that these were not destructive devices.”

Coffman’s lawyer asked the judge to meet privately with his client. After a short break, Coffman admitted that he made the devices and that they could have been used as Molotov cocktails. But he said he had no plans of detonating them in Washington.

“The jars had been in my truck for some time,” he said. “I did not plan on blowing nothing up or nothing like that. I agree that they could have been used for that purpose, but I was not going to use them for that purpose.”

He also pleaded guilty to a federal count brought in Alabama related to 12 additional Molotov cocktails found in his home. The case was transferred to Washington last month.

So he is law enforcements worst nightmare, eh?

Those being arrested for attempted murder are treated better.
That this guy PLEAD GUILTY was another win for the good guys.

You drive a truck with gasoline in jars? Do you mind telling me so that I can give the authorities your current location?

No, I keep the gasoline in the tank, and the shotgun in the trunk.

Just seems silly a guy would confess to having gasoline in his car ... all of us do.
In jars? He also confessed because he was caught. It appears to be a theme.

I carry gas in jerry cans, I would never carry it in anything remotely resembling 'gas in jars'.

That this guy PLEAD GUILTY was another win for the good guys.
No--it wasnt. It's another abuse of the government----making up charges that aren't based on facts in order to harass and destroy political enemies is immoral and illegal.

Can't believe the RWNJ's are defending this guy.
Almost 20 years ago, it was 'If you see something, say something'.
To, defending a guy with items to make Molotov cocktails.

What was the probable cause leading to the search of this guys truck? Or was there one. A question no on has even thought of. Why? Because when you suck the sugar tit of government you have no rights. It amazes me the sheep that can ignore their freedoms for a food stamp.

What was the probable cause leading to the search of this guys truck? Or was there one. A question no on has even thought of. Why? Because when you suck the sugar tit of government you have no rights. It amazes me the sheep that can ignore their freedoms for a food stamp.
Sure.
Police spotted a gun handle on the seat of his truck.
The police waited.

When Coffman returned to the vehicle, he was also found to have two guns in his possession.

Officers searched the truck and discovered it was equipped for war. Among the weapons found inside the interior and truck bed were: three guns, including an assault-style rifle; hundreds of rounds of ammunition; several machetes; camouflage smoke devices; a stun gun; a crossbow with bolts; and 11 Molotov cocktails in the form of mason jars with gasoline inside and a hole punched at the top.

You nut jobs defend this?

Since he didnt take the jars with him, and they werent actually rigged to explode, even if they could have been easily , I think the most they could get a conviction for would be the illegal containment and transport of explosive materials, which CAN be a felony in some cases, but he also reported had several illegal weapons an illegal types of ammo. One report said he had hallow point and armor peircing rounds, and that would be a felony as well.

There WERE several people who did take weapons to the capital, and several reports have numerous people leaving the rally early, before Trump called for the march to the capital building, and returning to rejoin with weapons, which supports the theory that the attack was preplanned, by at least SOME of those involved. More than one person who attended the rally attempted to plant IED's, and were charged with terrorism.

Last edited:
Can't believe the RWNJ's are defending this guy.
Almost 20 years ago, it was 'If you see something, say something'.
To, defending a guy with items to make Molotov cocktails.
This is what the right wing does... Whatever crazy assed thing that is being done is okay as long as they share a political objective.

That's a question for his lawyer. Two points. He pled guilty so one would assume that would be something his lawyer already covered. Now I might wonder whether or not he had a public defender. Now if not, this was surely covered already. You are simply trying to deflect.

If he had a public defender you often times do not get someone looking to do all he can for you. It's a part of our broken justice system. For some that has only seemed to matter recently and only where it comes to certain people.

This is what the right wing does... Whatever crazy assed thing that is being done is okay as long as they share a political objective.
Progs are on a stage and make mountain out of a molehill. The real insurrections were the city riots. The current case is a prime example of making things worse then what they are. All of the Prog induced subterfuge over a kid who under pressure took out three of the enemy in self defense. Two killed and one injured. All three scumbags to society proven over and over with no attempt to change. The kickoff was a black guy who tried to stomp his skull into the subterranean levels of the earth. He got away scot free. However they now know his name and maybe justice will prevail and he will be charged. Not one Prog elite would take one of the so called victims into their homes. Not one!

fncceo
Yup you and millions of truckers carry weapons. Hell a friend of mine is a long haul trucker. He makes a great living at it and he also carries a Sig Saur and an AR-15 with him in the truck wherever he goes. He also has an attack trained German Shepherd with him. No one fucks with him believe me.

Just seems silly a guy would confess to having gasoline in his car ... all of us do.
I wouldn't advise storing it in mason jars. Perhaps it wasn't gasoline.

After all, the guy is from Alabama and he's got mason jars full of a flammable liquid. Sounds like he's a moonshiner.

Forum List

Back