The Trump Recession Begins

There's nothing the stock market likes more than an impulsive, inflammatory, immature and completely unpredictable, capricious and whimsical US President.
Which is why it is down now that Hillary lost, SillyWet.

You still crying?

iu

You realize he isnt president yet, right?
markets react to news duhhh
So why didn't you progressives acknowledge that when the economy started to tank hard in 2008 right after Barack Obama was elected?!? :dunno:
Well I guess the fact that the Great Bush Recession began late 2007, before Obama even had the nomination, wouldn't be a good enough reason for you. :cuckoo:

They don't recall anything before January 2009. It's the only way they can believe.

The Barack Obama legacy:
  • Record number of people on unemployment
  • Record number of people out of the labor force
  • Record national debt
There were 15+ million unemployed at the depth of The Great Bush Recession, up from 6 million when he started, there are less than 8 million unemployed now.

Trump will break the record of number of Americans not in the labor force every year to over 100 million in 4 years, but the Right will never bring up the new records Trump sets ever again.

Trump will break every GOP National Debt record every year, but the Right will never bring up Trump's record debt ever again.

Yellin raising the Prime is the real problem coming.
The Right are already making excuses for Trump's coming economic failure.
Jeebus, dude, I am simply prognosticating in my little way what I think is going to happen to our country.

But to you lefties EVERYTHING IS ABOUT POLITICS.

Chillax, dude, there is going to be a short recession due to hiked interest rates that Yellin has been talking about for a good while now.

The Reality around you really is not defined by politics and ideology, dude, trust me.

The Barack Obama legacy:
  • Record national debt
There were 15+ million unemployed at the depth of The Great Bush Recession, up from 6 million when he started, there are less than 8 million unemployed now.

Trump will break the record of number of Americans not in the labor force every year to over 100 million in 4 years, but the Right will never bring up the new records Trump sets ever again.

Trump will break every GOP National Debt record every year, but the Right will never bring up Trump's record debt ever again.
Look at genius here ignore history and what we do know in favor of wild predictions about the future because the facts are inconvenient to his false narrative.

Jeebus, dude, I am simply prognosticating in my little way what I think is going to happen to our country.

Chillax, dude, there is going to be a short recession due to hiked interest rates that Yellin has been talking about for a good while now.

The Reality around you really is not defined by politics and ideology, dude, trust me.
Yellin raising the prime rate is a sign of a strengthening economy. If the economy crashes after the rise, that is because Trump killed the growing economy, not the increase in the prime rate.

Yellin raising the prime rate is a sign of a strengthening economy. If the economy crashes after the rise, that is because Trump killed the growing economy, not the increase in the prime rate.

Yellen, Obama lapdog that she is, can be expected to massively raise interest rates so as to make depression, not just recession, inevitable. Like a wolverine raiding your cabin; they eat what's edible and piss on evrything else to make it useless to anything else.

A 40 hour week has NEVER been normal. In fact the average work ween has always been under 35 hours, and Obama has recovered all the average weekly work hours lost by the Great Bush Recession since 2011.
There is no end to the Eddie false narratives. He's trying to skew reality with a statistical average which includes part-time employees who are part-time by choice.

What Barack Obama and the Dumbocrats did, however, was force people into part-time hours because their employers could no longer handle the expense of labor costs in the Dumbocrat marxist economy.

The Barack Obama legacy:
  • Record national debt

Look at genius here ignore history and what we do know in favor of wild predictions about the future because the facts are inconvenient to his false narrative.
Bush set new not in labor force records every year of his regime, and Trump will too, the only difference is the new records will never be mentioned during Trumps dictatorship just like the new records were never mentioned under Bush.

Ditto for the GOP National Debt.

Barney Frank was a powerless MINORITY congressman incapable of doing anything to the Bush real estate market. Bush owns the housing crash.
Pffff!!! Bill Clinton crashed the entire housing market with his idiotic "1997 Community Re-Investment Act" which essentially forced banks to make loans to people who couldn't afford them.

You've egregious lied in every post in this thread.

Dow futures pare losses, down about 500; safety breakers stop Nasdaq, S&P 500 spirals

Dow futures briefly dropped more than 800 points and bonds rallied as markets feared Donald Trump could pull off an upset and take the White House. Dow futures were trading about 500 points lower as of 2:14 a.m., ET.

Just before midnight ET, S&P 500 futures and Nasdaq 100 futures plunged more than 5 percent.

That was just above levels identified as "limit down" by the CME, which confirmed to CNBC that S&P and Nasdaq futures can trade above but not below those prices until 9:30 a.m., ET, when the Wednesday U.S. trading session begins.

You mean like Brexit where the markets plunged and bounced right back?

Since you know nothing about investing or Wall Street, I'll give you the highlights.

Finance is a simple principle. You expect the risk adjusted rate of return for your investment.

Note people think risk means downside. Actually it just means volatility or a higher standard deviation in the expected returns.

So the market can go down for two reasons. The expected return goes down, or the volatility goes up.

Wall Street reads the media and knew Hillary was supposed to win. When the returns started coming in showing the exit polls were wrong and Trump was going to win, they had to assess what that means. It was uncertainty.

That uncertainty in financials is equivalent to risk.

That's why when things like Brexit or Trump winning that weren't expected the market typically drops. Then as they assess what it means to them and the uncertainty/risk goes down it bounces right back.

This was simple, clear and intuitive and you'd learn it in any finance class Tell the truth, you didn't get any of it, did you?

Yellen, Obama lapdog that she is, can be expected to massively raise interest rates so as to make depression, not just recession, inevitable. Like a wolverine raiding your cabin; they eat what's edible and piss on evrything else to make it useless to anything else.
Yellen has already raised the prime rate under Obama without destroying the economy. If raising the rate kills the Trump economy it will be because of Trump, not the Fed.

The markets will rebound when everyone realizes that the sky is still up there.

Yellen has already raised the prime rate under Obama without destroying the economy. If raising the rate kills the Trump economy it will be because of Trump, not the Fed.
She raised it once in a small hike, but much more is coming, believe me.

The average post WW2 prime is around 7%, and there are many indicators that she plans to end the ZIRP and go up a few percent.

That will cause a collapse in stock markets and a recession as that collapse destroys investable credit/capital.

Forum List

Back