The Tories think National Service is an election winner

frigidweirdo

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2014

So, there's an election coming up in the UK and after 14 years of stealing from the people, the Tories have got NOTHING to say for their performance. They're not even saying "look, we did Brexit" because it's been so bad.

So, they're coming up with something they haven't done in the last 14 years that they think will get older voters to stick with the Tories (because they increased the tax on retired people's pensions and that is an election loser). So they've thought of National Service.

Not going to be popular with the young.

But for ignorant old people who think the National Service will stop the "yoof" (youth) from being bad, it sounds great. Only it won't work.

One Tory voter wrote "She said: "100% behind this!!! Never thought I would consider voting Tory but here we are.""

The obvious "Well I've never thought about voting for X party, but now I'm going to" comment is clearly a fabrication, happens at every election.
Other comments are far more realistic

"Why wait until a child is 18 to push them into national service because they have spent their life in an underfunded education system and have no desire to work to NOT afford rent, food, clothes etc."

"Why not invest in alternative education methods from an early age. This country desperately needs skilled trades and some of these kids have so much talent."

Literally the Tories defund education, defund things to stop youth crime, and now want to spend £2.5 billion on this. It's backwards. It's like trying to solve the problem by not solving the problem, but by giving your friends loads of money and pretending it'll do something (an age old conservative "solution" and one that is also aimed at the Democrats too, and probably right in both senses)

So, there's an election coming up in the UK and after 14 years of stealing from the people, the Tories have got NOTHING to say for their performance. They're not even saying "look, we did Brexit" because it's been so bad.

So, they're coming up with something they haven't done in the last 14 years that they think will get older voters to stick with the Tories (because they increased the tax on retired people's pensions and that is an election loser). So they've thought of National Service.

But for ignorant old people who think the National Service will stop the "yoof" (youth) from being bad, it sounds great. Only it won't work.

One Tory voter wrote "She said: "100% behind this!!! Never thought I would consider voting Tory but here we are.""

The obvious "Well I've never thought about voting for X party, but now I'm going to" comment is clearly a fabrication, happens at every election.

"Why wait until a child is 18 to push them into national service because they have spent their life in an underfunded education system and have no desire to work to NOT afford rent, food, clothes etc."

"Why not invest in alternative education methods from an early age. This country desperately needs skilled trades and some of these kids have so much talent."

Literally the Tories defund education, defund things to stop youth crime, and now want to spend £2.5 billion on this. It's backwards. It's like trying to solve the problem by not solving the problem, but by giving your friends loads of money and pretending it'll do something (an age old conservative "solution" and one that is also aimed at the Democrats too, and probably right in both senses)
Even tories are shaking their heads. That nutter Steve Baker just dissed it. Nobody was consulted and he points out that it would lead to riots in the province. Catholics will not wear a british unifotm.
And he is actually in the cabinet.
Its a throwaway plandreamt up be a few teenage whizzkids.
They have allocated 2.5 bn for it but beds and bedding will cost 5bn. Bonkers.

Even tories are shaking their heads. That nutter Steve Baker just dissed it. Nobody was consulted and he points out that it would lead to riots in the province. Catholics will not wear a british unifotm.
And he is actually in the cabinet.
Its a throwaway plandreamt up be a few teenage whizzkids.
They have allocated 2.5 bn for it but beds and bedding will cost 5bn. Bonkers.

Yeah, but then the Tories have learned you don't need the truth, people can't handle the truth. Tell them we'll go to the Moon, and they won't care how much it costs.

Some tories are, some tories aren't.

PFI defunded education because those schools built using private money are paying millions in rent per year. Same with the NHS. So if you want to know who mortgaged our children's education and healthcare, you will have to ask Tony Blair, aka Labour.

Where are countries on the education index -

(Go to data, click on 2019 twice to sort the countries. Nearer to 1 the better.

Best to have knowledge of the subject, or research beforehand.

The UK is your problem not ours

Forum List

Back