The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson

the other mike

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2019
Secret City under Denver Airport
Lately they've been releasing a bunch of the classic reruns that up until now you only could order on DVD, if then, so it's pretty fun looking back. His monologues are a good chronicle of history in those decades he was on.

Here's a serious interview with Marlon Brando in 1968 shortly after Martin Luther King was shot.

Last edited:
I guess...
Moonglow guesses.
007.gif

Towards the end of the show with him on it it is not like he was on it much, he was busy having lung cancer.

I'd like to see Kimmel do his Karl Malone black face bit again. And the one where young women are asked
to fish around in Kimmel's pants pockets. Good smart humor like that is so rare these days.

This is one of Carson’s funniest sketches. I still get a laugh when I see it. Some of us will remember the commercials being spoofed.

Last edited:
This is still one of the funniest sketches I have ever seen. Some of us still remember these commercials.
Too bad no one thought to have a phone cord for the telephone when one is brought to a diner's table.
Otherwise some pies were called for in some of those really obnoxious commercials.

The only late night host that comes close to his talent was Jay Leno. The current crop of late night hosts are no talent unfunny hacks
Whatever humor they had was wiped out with their drooling anti-Trump hatred. Jimmy Kimmel was actually funny when he and Adam Corrola did "The Man Show". But then Trump happened and Kimmel turned into a sniveling hack.

The only late night host that comes close to his talent was Jay Leno. The current crop of late night hosts are no talent unfunny hacks
Whatever humor they had was wiped out with their drooling anti-Trump hatred. Jimmy Kimmel was actually funny when he and Adam Corrola did "The Man Show". But then Trump happened and Kimmel turned into a sniveling hack.
Maybe since they've lost their intelligent audience, they realize they don't need to be funny anymore. Colbert is the worst.

Maybe since they've lost their intelligent audience, they realize they don't need to be funny anymore. Colbert is the worst.
You got that right, what a dork.

Forum List

Back